ADVERTISEMENT

War on Hydroxychloroquine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Population of the US is 328,000,000
On average 7,700 die each day
Annual average deaths 2,800,000
Pre-corona, average over 420 died in NYC per day.

Pre-corona, average over 1000 die from heart disease in the U.S. per day.

It really is a sad commentary on our times that the media has used this as a political football. People's health is at risk.If the drug can help people, it shouldn't matter if Trump has touted it or not. It's kind of interesting, early on they interviewed a doctor about what he was seeing daily in the emergency room of the largest hospital in NYC. He called the carnage "biblical". They asked him if he was doing anything to prevent getting the virus himself. He said he was taking Plaquenil as a prophylaxis. Plaquenil is a brand name for Hydroxychloroquine. Wesley Self from Vanderbilt was quoted on here as saying and I'm paraphrasing: Many hospitals are using Hydroxychloraquine as a front line drug even though there's little clinical data to prove it's effectiveness. What that poster didn't tell you was that Self said the drug had promise; that Dr. Self believed what they would find was that the drug was much more effective if given in the early stages rather than the final stages. Interestingly the bulk of the patients are receiving it in the final stages.

Every First responder and every doctor and nurse who wants to take Plaquenil should have access. To deny them this is absolutely shameful. The fearmongering and demagoguing needs to stop.

Reactions: SOSUSC
"An international poll of more than 6,000 doctors released Thursday found that the antimalarial drug hydroxychloroquine was the most highly rated treatment for the novel coronavirus.

The survey conducted by Sermo, a global health care polling company, of 6,227 physicians in 30 countries found that 37% of those treating COVID-19 patients rated hydroxychloroquine as the “most effective therapy” from a list of 15 options.

Of the physicians surveyed, 3,308 said they had either ordered a COVID-19 test or been involved in caring for a coronavirus patient, and 2,171 of those responded to the question asking which medications were most effective."

Who are you going to believe?
1) 2,171 doctors from 30 different countries, or
2) CNN, Rollerdude, and Dr Gupta
What a quandary!

And as to the wildly ridiculous conspiracy theory that it is being promoted by Drs. because of pressure from Trump, I wonder how he could have pressured all those Drs. in the other 29 countries? He must be the most powerful human being ever in the history of the universe.

"An international poll of more than 6,000 doctors released Thursday found that the antimalarial drug hydroxychloroquine was the most highly rated treatment for the novel coronavirus.

The survey conducted by Sermo, a global health care polling company, of 6,227 physicians in 30 countries found that 37% of those treating COVID-19 patients rated hydroxychloroquine as the “most effective therapy” from a list of 15 options.

Of the physicians surveyed, 3,308 said they had either ordered a COVID-19 test or been involved in caring for a coronavirus patient, and 2,171 of those responded to the question asking which medications were most effective."

What a quandary!

And as to the wildly ridiculous conspiracy theory that it is being promoted by Drs. because of pressure from Trump, I wonder how he could have pressured all those Drs. in the other 29 countries? He must be the most powerful human being ever in the history of the universe.

I enjoyed this response. Well done sir, I agree. Also, my first post ever but have been reading the comments on this site for decades. Since this is all politics now I just want to remind every triggered Soyboy that he is still your President.

What a quandary!

Did you even read this study?

Doctors in the United States, by a wide margin, said the most effective “medication” they had prescribed was “nothing.”

as I said, I hope it works, but only well designed clinical, controlled testing will prove it, not doctor opinions or what they prescribe the most.

Doctors prescribed a lot of opioids too and that didn’t turn out well.

BTW- to correct you again, I didn’t cite Dr Gupta on this drug. I quoted Dr. Fauci.

Reactions: howard13
If you think me saying he got it wrong sounds like I made an excuse for him, that’s fine. You can be wrong again. No argument from me.[/QUOTE

Doctors in the United States, by a wide margin, said the most effective “medication” they had prescribed was “nothing.”

as I said, I hope it works, but only well designed clinical, controlled testing will prove it, not doctor opinions or what they prescribe the most.

BTW- to correct you again, I didn’t cite Dr Gupta on this drug. I quoted Dr. Fauci.

That is the narrative of the left. When in doubt “do nothing”

Are you ok? Too much Easter Wine?

Hydroxychloroquine or Chloroquine 23%
Azithromycin or similar antibiotics 18%
Nothing 51%

Reactions: SorryPeasants

Yes all leftist doctors. And they're all in cohoots. Probably having a secret meeting tonight at an undisclosed location. Now adjust the antenna on your tinfoil hat

What a quandary!

Well done

What a quandary!

Thus is a very interesting post. Good one.

Are you ok? Too much Easter Wine?

Hydroxychloroquine or Chloroquine 23%
Azithromycin or similar antibiotics 18%
Nothing 51%

Hey Bud, I am not a wine drinker. But I have serious question....You want some cheese with all that whine??

Thanks for your commentary. Whenever I am feeling down I look to the sky and say a small prayer of thanks in appreciation that at least I am not you.

Reactions: vacock# and SOSUSC

What a quandary!

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/12/health/chloroquine-coronavirus-trump.html

“Trump himself has a personal financial interest in a French drugmaker that produces a brand-name version of the medication.”

Trump has $450 in a stock that makes generic Hydroxychloroquine. LOL. And he has an index fund. RollLaughRollLaughRollLaughRollLaugh

“Republican mega donor and billionaire Ken Fisher runs Fisher Asset Management, one of the drug manufacturer’s largest shareholders.” what kind of conspiracy theory BS is this?

Thousands of doctors have had success with this drug, but no its Trumps $450 stock investment and an index fund and a republican donor that has the company in an index fund that have him hopeful that this drug will help. Give me a break.

Last edited:

No Sir, you cannot correct me on any such thing. I never said you cited Dr. Gupta. I merely included him on a list of disingenuous people who are hell bent on trying to refute the efficacy of this medication just because the President has said some positive things about it. These same people/entities would try to refute that water is wet if the President said it was.

The study I quoted did not state that Drs in the US promote doing nothing over using Hydroxychloriquine. Quite the contrary. Most were in favor of this medication due to the mounting evidence of its efficacy. Doing NOTHING is not an option for someone who is dying. Only a complete idiot would advocate doing nothing. If you are advocating that stance I would hate to be you and have to live my conscience knowing while you fiddle people are dying . You don't do NOTHING.....you do EVERYTHING that is possible to save lives. It is totally STUPID to say "oh we need to wait for a formal clinical test" when there is significant evidence of this medicine's efficacy. It will take months to do this type of testing. This pandemic could well be over with before that testing is completed. In the mean time you and others are willing to let hundreds or even thousands of people die? That is insane.

This medicine has been in use for 65 years. The only known significant side effects of this medicine occur after extended use. I know this because my daughter is on this medicine for a connective tissue disease and is more informed about this medication than you ever will be. She has had no side effects. It has been a miracle drug for her when nothing else would work. She is only worried about what may happen 10 years from now after long term extended use. The dosage for this virus is administered short term for only a few days.

And that's
JoyousSatisfiedFrillneckedlizard-size_restricted.gif

So Trump was the only high-ranking official that should have seen the virus coming? Oh yeah, all of the Democrats wasting millions of taxpayer dollars and months doing their sham impeachment couldn`t have sounded the alarm? Oh yeah, guess they get a pass since they were busy with their charade.

No Sir, you cannot correct me on any such thing. I never said you cited Dr. Gupta. I merely included him on a list of disingenuous people who are hell bent on trying to refute the efficacy of this medication just because the President has said some positive things about it. These same people/entities would try to refute that water is wet if the President said it was.

The study I quoted did not state that Drs in the US promote doing nothing over using Hydroxychloriquine. Quite the contrary. Most were in favor of this medication due to the mounting evidence of its efficacy. Doing NOTHING is not an option for someone who is dying. Only a complete idiot would advocate doing nothing. If you are advocating that stance I would hate to be you and have to live my conscience knowing while you fiddle people are dying . You don't do NOTHING.....you do EVERYTHING that is possible to save lives. It is totally STUPID to say "oh we need to wait for a formal clinical test" when there is significant evidence of this medicine's efficacy. It will take months to do this type of testing. This pandemic could well be over with before that testing is completed. In the mean time you and others are willing to let hundreds or even thousands of people die? That is insane.

This medicine has been in use for 65 years. The only known significant side effects of this medicine occur after extended use. I know this because my daughter is on this medicine for a connective tissue disease and is more informed about this medication than you ever will be. She has had no side effects. It has been a miracle drug for her when nothing else would work. She is only worried about what may happen 10 years from now after long term extended use. The dosage for this virus is administered short term for only a few days.

very well said!

I did correct you. I’ll do it again and again if the notion strikes me.

I looked at the study and the study showed most US doctors selected they did nothing compared to giving any medication.

the drug causes electrical balances in the heart for certain patients.

proper testing is finally underway to determine its level of effectiveness for Covid19 regardless of how many doctors like using it, don’t like it, or choose to do”nothing.” Hopefully it is proven an effective treatment for Covid19 with these clinical studies.

renowned biologist Dr. William Haseltine told Fox News host Dana Perino that it was “irresponsible” to tout the unproven drug

You got any Muhammad jokes, or are you just an intolerant anti-Christian bigot ?[/QUOTE

I looked at the study and the study showed most US doctors selected they did nothing compared to giving any medication.

proper testing is finally underway to determine its level of effectiveness for Covid19 regardless of how many doctors like using it, don’t like it, or choose to do”nothing.” Hopefully it is proven an effective treatment for Covid19 with these clinical studies.

renowned biologist Dr. William Haseltine told Fox News host Dana Perino that it was “irresponsible” to tout the unproven drug

Ok, so don’t use drug if there is a heart related risk factor? Ok, noted. You mind mentioning this to surgeon general? You must have his number on speed dial.

Ok, so don’t use drug if there is a heart related risk factor? Ok, noted. You mind mentioning this to surgeon general? You must have his number on speed dial.

many elderly people have heart related risk factors, or people like me who have heart arrhythmia issues can’t take such a drug regardless.

but that’s not really the point. The point is proper clinical trials needing to be conducted to find out if the drug treatment actually works and at what dosage levels, and when should it be given for maximum effectiveness and when is it ineffective. Only proper testing can tell us that.

the surgeon general has nothing to do with it. He’s an anesthesiologist.

No you didn't. You were dead wrong and I proved it.

Also, those electrical "balances" (I think you mean imbalances) in the heart you mention only happen with prolonged use, usually 10 years or more. The requisite doses to treat covid-19 patients is over a period of 4 days.

No you didn't. You were dead wrong and I proved it.

Also, those electrical "balances" (I think you mean imbalances) in the heart you mention only happen with prolonged use, usually 10 years or more. The requisite doses to treat covid-19 patients is over a period of 4 days.

You prove one thing, you can post a reply. We don’t even know what the effective dosage is regarding COVID19 outside of some guesses. That’s one reason it’s being studied. I’m not posting dr. fauci’s comments on this again or the lead medical director at Vanderbilt doing one of the trials. I’ve already posted their comments several times on this very issue and they have made this very clear.

Hydroxychloroquine cardiotoxicity presenting as a rapidly evolving biventricular cardiomyopathy: key diagnostic features and literature review https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3760572/

You prove one thing, you can post a reply. We don’t even know what the effective dosage is regarding COVID19 outside of some guesses. That’s one reason it’s being studied. I’m not posting dr. fauci’s comments on this again or the lead medical director at Vanderbilt doing one of the trials. I’ve already posted their comments several times on this very issue and they have made this very clear.

Hydroxychloroquine cardiotoxicity presenting as a rapidly evolving biventricular cardiomyopathy: key diagnostic features and literature review https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3760572/

Is that the same Dr Fauci that on Feb 25th said this virus was not a threat to the US?

We know why.

"Both were middle-aged females with a long-standing history of SLE taking 400 mg HCQ daily for >10 years;" Perhaps you should try reading your studies before posting them as evidence. You just proved my case.

"Both were middle-aged females with a long-standing history of SLE taking 400 mg HCQ daily for >10 years;" Perhaps you should try reading your studies before posting them as evidence. You just proved my case.

I’ve read that study over a dozen times because it impacts me personally.

STAT: Trump has touted using hydroxychloroquine in combination with azithromycin (sometimes sold as Z-Pak), though he has cautioned that Americans with heart conditions should not use the azithromycin.

Cardiotoxicity, or damage to the heart, is a rare but documented side effect of hydroxychloroquine even when taken on its own. Trump is correct that azithromycin can be particularly dangerous for people with heart conditions, but it’s misleading to suggest that hydroxychloroquine alone doesn’t carry side effects.

“Both chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine can have side effects related to abnormal heart rhythms,” said Sunil Parikh, a Yale University physician and epidemiology professor. “While the incidence of cardiac side effects is low for each of these drugs, they can be significant, particularly since those individuals presenting with severe Covid-19 may have underlying comorbidities or drug-drug interactions that can place them at higher risk.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT