ADVERTISEMENT

Watch us hire Bobo for OC

People need to lighten up on the notion Muschamp shouldn't hire another UGA guy because he's a UGA guy. Thomas Brown, UGA guy, was Muschamp's best hire. The guy was great at UGA and Wisconsin. I wish he were on the Georgia staff. McClendon may turn out to be a great OC. Problem for him is that Muschamp game him that gig after (literally) one and a half good quarters vs. Michigan. There was no track record or indication McClendon was ready for a job of that magnitude.
We need a OC with a high flying, fun innovative offense. That is what the recruits are attracted too. Get that type of OC and recruits will come. The game has changed and Will must change with it or he and Gamecock nation are doomed!!!

If anyone watched the Wyoming vs CSU game a couple of weeks ago they would full well understand why we don't want Bobo. He went for a 1st down when it was 4th and 2 early in the 3rd quarter when the ball was just over the 50 yard line. Even the commentators mentioned what an unwise move that was. Then later in the game he went for a long field goal when he should have went for the 1st down. Again, the commentators mentioned what an unwise move it was to do such at that time in the game.

Why is going for it on 4th and short around midfield a bad idea?

Yeah, this does not strike me as terribly weird. If you're looking for a spark or something. Looking at the game it seems that was probably the case. D was playing very well but O was stagnant.

Early in the 3rd quarter and I think the game was tied (no more than 7 points down )but CSU was around the 50 yard line. CSU didn't make the 4th down and hence the Pokes took over on a short field and scored 7 points - that's why. Other than that there was nothing wrong with that decision. Again, the commentators talked about what a huge mistake it was going for the 4th down in that situation. There was no justification for it whatsoever. The posters on the CSU boards are hoping that none of the Gamecock Officials watch any tapes of the CSU games because they want to get rid of Bobo.

Smoke and mirrors. He'll look at a few questionable coaches before promoting from within. Keep the status quo. Remember, we are close and only a few tweaks away from greatness.

Reactions: OldBluJacketJr
Early in the 3rd quarter and I think the game was tied (no more than 7 points down )but CSU was around the 50 yard line. CSU didn't make the 4th down and hence the Pokes took over on a short field and scored 7 points - that's why. Other than that there was nothing wrong with that decision. Again, the commentators talked about what a huge mistake it was going for the 4th down in that situation. There was no justification for it whatsoever. The posters on the CSU boards are hoping that none of the Gamecock Officials watch any tapes of the CSU games because they want to get rid of Bobo.

In no way whatsoever do I want Bobo as our OC, but statistically on 4th and 2 around midfield I think the numbers support the decision to go for it. Of course when it doesn't work it sucks, but if you stick with it consistently it should work more times than not.

Here's an interesting article on the subject.

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/05/upshot/4th-down-when-to-go-for-it-and-why.html

In no way whatsoever do I want Bobo as our OC, but statistically on 4th and 2 around midfield I think the numbers support the decision to go for it. Of course when it doesn't work it sucks, but if you stick with it consistently it should work more times than not.

Here's an interesting article on the subject.

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/05/upshot/4th-down-when-to-go-for-it-and-why.html

Well, the commentators of the game in addition to many other fans strongly disagree.

I don't know if it's true, but a Georgia guy I knew said that Bobo had told DeShaun Watson that he would make a great defensive back at UGA. If it's true, that one statement had a huge impact on Richt, Dabo, UGA, Clemson, Bobo, us, and who knows what else.

Reactions: Ragin Rooster
We need a OC with a high flying, fun innovative offense. That is what the recruits are attracted too. Get that type of OC and recruits will come. The game has changed and Will must change with it or he and Gamecock nation are doomed!!!

THIS^^^^^

Reactions: Tmac069
So it's official. Bobo is out at CSU. Lots of articles about SC hiring him as OC. I have not read anything about Morris as a candidate - or much about anyone else either. Really sounds like it will be Bobo.

Reactions: Brace1
So it's official. Bobo is out at CSU. Lots of articles about SC hiring him as OC. I have not read anything about Morris as a candidate - or much about anyone else either. Really sounds like it will be Bobo.
Oh No ! I’m getting that feeling in my stomach again like when we hired Mushcrap.

Reactions: Ragin Rooster
Oh No ! I’m getting that feeling in my stomach again like when we hired Mushcrap.
I'm one of those who was against the hire, but his first PC changed my mind. I felt like he had a plan. After 2 years I thought he did and we made the right choice. The last 2 years have changed my mind.

So now, our 4-8 head football coach is going to hire another 4-8 coach who was fired as our OC. There's a certain symmetry to that.

Reactions: Brace1 and Tmac069
What’s GT old coach doing, Is take a triple option over Bobo. At least teams would hate to play us.

We are going to get our asses handed to us next year not matter how they arrange the deck chairs. Lets hope somebody steps in and keeps Ray from handing out free candy and we end up paying a few million more when Muschamp is finally let go.

bobo will be the best oc champ has had yet!!! here or Florida... I really don't want him got other candidates I would choose.. but facts are facts... he better than bmac.. Bentley ropper or anyone he's had... not saying a lot... hope it's an oc with a little creative pass schemes like lsu... but at least bobo could break down a defense and make half time adjustments....lol

Reactions: The Cool Cock
Well, the commentators of the game in addition to many other fans strongly disagree.
That's because he didn't get it..... If he would have made it , it would have been...... Great call it shows your team that you believe in them...blah...blah

That's because he didn't get it..... If he would have made it , it would have been...... Great call it shows your team that you believe in them...blah...blah

But the point was, it made no sense to go for the 4th down early in the 3rd quarter near the 50 yard line. For that matter he could have went for the 4th down on his own 2 yard line and if he had made it he would have looked like a hero. But from a football standpoint it made no sense whatsoever to go for the 4th down near the 50 yard line when the game was tied or CSU was only behind 7 points at most. I think the game was tied but I can't remember for sure. The only way it would have been the least bit justified was if CSU were behind 28 points at that time.

bobo will be the best oc champ has had yet!!! here or Florida... I really don't want him got other candidates I would choose.. but facts are facts... he better than bmac.. Bentley ropper or anyone he's had... not saying a lot... hope it's an oc with a little creative pass schemes like lsu... but at least bobo could break down a defense and make half time adjustments....lol
If you were BoBo uprooting your family and you had a choice of USC with a tenuous coach or Georgia with ultimate stability (these days), where would you go?

I think he's been doing what he thinks is modern offense. A truly modern offense would drive him into a fetal position.

Reactions: Tmac069
If anyone watched the Wyoming vs CSU game a couple of weeks ago they would full well understand why we don't want Bobo. He went for a 1st down when it was 4th and 2 early in the 3rd quarter when the ball was just over the 50 yard line. Even the commentators mentioned what an unwise move that was. Then later in the game he went for a long field goal when he should have went for the 1st down. Again, the commentators mentioned what an unwise move it was to do such at that time in the game.
Thats sounds just like something Kurby Smart and....drumroll please....the Muskrat would do.

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
If you were BoBo uprooting your family and you had a choice of USC with a tenuous coach or Georgia with ultimate stability (these days), where would you go?
is Georgia offering the offensive coordinator position then Georgia... but I did say if u read my post that I didn't want him that I had other candidates in front of him... and this the first I heard that Georgia wanted him back as offensive coordinator!!

People need to lighten up on the notion Muschamp shouldn't hire another UGA guy because he's a UGA guy. Thomas Brown, UGA guy, was Muschamp's best hire. The guy was great at UGA and Wisconsin. I wish he were on the Georgia staff. McClendon may turn out to be a great OC. Problem for him is that Muschamp game him that gig after (literally) one and a half good quarters vs. Michigan. There was no track record or indication McClendon was ready for a job of that magnitude.
Is that why we had less rushing yards this year?

Reactions: Dizzy01
is Georgia offering the offensive coordinator position then Georgia... but I did say if u read my post that I didn't want him that I had other candidates in front of him... and this the first I heard that Georgia wanted him back as offensive coordinator!!
Georgia is playing in the sec championship!!! they are absolutely not worried about changing coordinator at this point of the season. ... promise u that....

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
I cannot see why people do not want to hire Bobo. Here is his record as OC at UGA.
2007 11-2, 2008 10-3, 2009 8-5, 2010 6-7, 2011 10-4, 2012 12-2, 2013 8-5, 2014 10-3
THATS 9 WINS PER SEASON
And they went to a bowl every single year.
Is he ready to turn us into a CFB playoff team? Maybe not. But he would be way better than what we had. All year long I was begging for us to have 2 RB's in the game together, Rico and Feaster. Let the D try to guess who will get it, and then throw a play action. Bobo uses several plays like that. Bobo developed both great QB's and great RB's at Georgia. We used to have fits with Georgia's running game and then when we tried to stack the line they would burn us with the pass.

So he did awful as HC at CSU but he has proven to be a pretty darn good SEC level OC.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT