ADVERTISEMENT

WBB: Top 4 seeds

lawcalcock

Apr 8, 2016
Charlie Creme says it's a lock 1. UCONN, 2.ND, 3. Baylor, 4. USC...

The only team to beat more top 25 teams than South Carolina is UCONN...The Gamecocks are 10-2 vs top 25 teams...I know the Mizzou loss was inexcusable...But we should still be the 3 seed if you look at the resumes...If we had handled our business at Missouri we would have have been the 2 seed...Yet we slid all the way to 4...The Irish lost to NCst and Miami yet they sit at 2 according to Creme(he is usually right)...Seems to me the committee jumps at any opportunity to elevate Notre Dame and give them something everyone else is asked to earn...

Charlie Creme says it's a lock 1. UCONN, 2.ND, 3. Baylor, 4. USC...

The only team to beat more top 25 teams than South Carolina is UCONN...The Gamecocks are 10-2 vs top 25 teams...I know the Mizzou loss was inexcusable...But we should still be the 3 seed if you look at the resumes...If we had handled our business at Missouri we would have have been the 2 seed...Yet we slid all the way to 4...The Irish lost to NCst and Miami yet they sit at 2 according to Creme(he is usually right)...Seems to me the committee jumps at any opportunity to elevate Notre Dame and give them something everyone else is asked to earn...
Yes, the NCAA used that 350 mile excuse to give Notre Dame the Lexington Regional last year and sent us out to South Dakota. Notre Dame is 40 miles closer to Lexington than Columbia is, but they used that as an excuse, saying that Columbia was flying distance while South Bend was driving distance. And this while we were the overall number two seed and they were the number three.

Yes, the NCAA used that 350 mile excuse to give Notre Dame the Lexington Regional last year and sent us out to South Dakota. Notre Dame is 40 miles closer to Lexington than Columbia is, but they used that as an excuse, saying that Columbia was flying distance while South Bend was driving distance. And this while we were the overall number two seed and they were the number three.

Exactly...this year they will just over seed ND so no one will question the BS

On a positive note: the winner of the Stockton regional is on the other side of the bracket from UCONN. Notre Dame and UCONN would have to play each other in the semi's.

Reactions: atl-cock
On a positive note: the winner of the Stockton regional is on the other side of the bracket from UCONN. Notre Dame and UCONN would have to play each other in the semi's.

I hope that's true...Beating UCONN in the semi's would leave us emotionally depleted for the Final...I want to kick their asses in the Championship game

See I don't understand that. How would UCONN and Notre Dame meet in the semis if they're seeded 1 and 2? Wouldn't they be paired in the finals. It seems like it would go 1 plays 4 and 2 plays 3. In other words since we're a 4 we would play UCONN in the semis.

See I don't understand that. How would UCONN and Notre Dame meet in the semis if they're seeded 1 and 2? Wouldn't they be paired in the finals. It seems like it would go 1 plays 4 and 2 plays 3. In other words since we're a 4 we would play UCONN in the semis.

that's what i thought..but i don't know for sure...your premise seems logical to me...

What if a number 1 seed is upset in the regions? The committee doesn't reseed the team. It doesn't happen in professional sports either. So there's always an element of unfairness in just about any playoff scenario.

Number 1 always plays 4 and 2 always plays three. Always been that way and is the advantage of being the number 1 seed. only advantage of being 2 is hope you get a better regional and an easier road to final four.

Baylor just lost the Big12 Championship game to West Virginia (6 seed)...So our seed should move up to at least 3....My guess is our flub at Mizzou prolly cost us the 2 seed

Baylor just lost the Big12 Championship game to West Virginia (6 seed)...So our seed should move up to at least 3....My guess is our flub at Mizzou prolly cost us the 2 seed
Hey law i created a new team bracket on espn fantasy wbb tournament name- Gamecockcentral. Motto is fighting gamecocks forum. Try it and tell me if you found it.don't think you can make picks yet.

I can't figure that out either. Unless it has something to do with where the mean will play
that's what i figured, so why not start the season a week later? Oh well, works out good for us this year.

We are seeded 3 on that bracket. It doesn't go top to bottom to right top to bottom, it goes clockwise. 1>2v3<4. So UConn is 1, Baylor 2, us at 3 and ND at 4.

We are seeded 3 on that bracket. It doesn't go top to bottom to right top to bottom, it goes clockwise. 1>2v3<4. So UConn is 1, Baylor 2, us at 3 and ND at 4.

We're clearly a 2 or 3 seed at this point, so we'll avoid a potential matchup with UCONN until the finals. But will they still do the proximity thing? I mean, if we're a higher seed than Baylor, then do we get OKC?

Total freaking BS if we're a higher seed but have to travel further than Baylor.

And what about Oregon State? They were slated, according to Creme, to be the number 2 seed in the West. If we're a higher seed than Baylor now, does that change where Oregon State plays? Why should we have to face the Beavers on the west coast? What's the advantage of being a higher seed, if that's the case?

We're clearly a 2 or 3 seed at this point, so we'll avoid a potential matchup with UCONN until the finals. But will they still do the proximity thing? I mean, if we're a higher seed than Baylor, then do we get OKC?

Total freaking BS if we're a higher seed but have to travel further than Baylor.
He is right...They will send us to Stockton and use the Missouri loss as the excuse..It wont make any sense like their brainless choice to send us the SDakota last season...They believed ND in Lexington would make more money than us being there....It is true Baylor should have more fans in OKC than us...I am not sure Coach Staley wouldn't prefer Stockton to OKC...I think we should be in Lexington anyway...My guess is ND and UK will be in Lexington...

And what about Oregon State? They were slated, according to Creme, to be the number 2 seed in the West. If we're a higher seed than Baylor now, does that change where Oregon State plays? Why should we have to face the Beavers on the west coast? What's the advantage of being a higher seed, if that's the case?

ssshhh...I would love to play OSU in the regional Final...We would be a nightmare for them...They are big and skilled...But they are very slow and non athletic...They are well coached...But we would whack them by double digits

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT