ADVERTISEMENT

Welp, I see good old FFF whiffed on another one.

What's the major malfunction, you think? I suspect that Frank Martin is just too much of a hard ass. He can't get instate recruits and the attrition from the team kills us every year.

I believe some of todays players are to soft for Frank. But I can't believe none of these in state top recruits are tough enough. I think that is part of it and I think Nike is part of it.

Marshall won't come here primarily because we won't pay that much for a basketball coach. We missed our chance to get him cheaply. Can't blame him.
like i said.....but regardless, lots of good coaches have failed here, no guarantees for greg either

Reactions: funktavious
The contortions are absolutely breath-taking.
Sometimes you have to look at things sideways for the logic to make sense. I support our school and Frank Martin, but I also admit that there's a problem here. You can't win without talent, no matter how hard you coach. Part of his job is getting the talent.

Sometimes you have to look at things sideways for the logic to make sense. I support our school and Frank Martin, but I also admit that there's a problem here. You can't win without talent, no matter how hard you coach. Part of his job is getting the talent.
Most times however the simplest and most obvious reason is the right one. Martin can coach....but he is a terrible recruiter. Same complaints he had at KSU. There his assistants were the recruiters, one of which he brought here for a couple of years

Reactions: paladin181
Most times however the simplest and most obvious reason is the right one. Martin can coach....but he is a terrible recruiter. Same complaints he had at KSU. There his assistants were the recruiters, one of which he brought here for a couple of years
Exactly. I was referring to the logic of the excuse makers. They twist themselves into knots trying to explain why it's ok.

Want to be good in basketball?

Better hire a guy that you wouldn't want to be around your wife and kids.

The same people defending Frank are the same who defended Horn and Brad to the bitter end. Being blindly loyal to USC is perfectly fine. Every school has those types of fans and supporters. But, that’s not mutually exclusive with acknowledging a fact. On a personal level Frank may be a terrific guy and a great X and O coach, but he cannot recruit and his style is unpopular.

Reactions: jsusc
I haven't read FGF in a while, a lot of y'all should take advantage of the $99 Insiders deal they are offering to get away from posters like @jsusc .. good grief, this guy is insufferable.

Tried to today........of course, it's no longer available. Didn't get a chance to check email last week. Nice thing they put a short time limit on it. But I guess that's how it goes.

Reactions: Cocksur1
The same people defending Frank are the same who defended Horn and Brad to the bitter end. Being blindly loyal to USC is perfectly fine. Every school has those types of fans and supporters. But, that’s not mutually exclusive with acknowledging a fact. On a personal level Frank may be a terrific guy and a great X and O coach, but he cannot recruit and his style is unpopular.

Welcome to FGF Tajh.

Adapt or perish...

I guess that's true.......of course, I guess cheating would be involved and that would be fun too.......we'd get to make headlines, and the NCAA would live at SC. We would not get the UNC treatment. The NCAA is going to catch up with the AAU racket as evidenced by the FBI that is still in progress. Lots of cheating will be involved........maybe we need to stand pat for another year just in case:)

The same was true of Dave Odom. Solid coach, very mediocre recruiter.

That said, we all know that college basketball recruiting is a cesspool. So, my hope is that the FBI investigation and subsequent NCAA reforms will help clean that up a bit and level the playing field.

The same was true of Dave Odom. Solid coach, very mediocre recruiter.

That said, we all know that college basketball recruiting is a cesspool. So, my hope is that the FBI investigation and subsequent NCAA reforms will help clean that up a bit and level the playing field.
But in the meantime...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT