ADVERTISEMENT

What Nevada must feel like right about now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your ignoring a major news network that did the same thing for 8 years before that.

As partisan as Fox News is (and they are a partisan mouth piece for the Republican Establishment), the comparisons of the criticisms of the Obama policy positions and scandals is nothing compared to the outright visceral nature of the 'news' broadcasting the rest of the media has done for the last 4 years. They aren't even comparable.

I think there needs to be a great deal of clarification on this very issue.

Are these ballots postmarked either before or on November 3? If yes, ok. Count them as they are valid.

If postmarked 11/4 or after - too bad. Falls into the "you had one job" category for a voter. If I can't walk into my local election commission on 11/4 (or after) and cast a ballot, you can't have yours postmarked that day or after. If your tax return is after April 15, it's late and you have to pay a penalty. In the case of absentee voting, your penalty is your vote is late and doesn't get included in the official results.

This can all be solved by eliminating any form of mail-in voting.

I want AOC to run and win one day just for the entertainment value.
I think much of what she says is absolutely off the wall but I also think she is one of the few in Washington who actually believes what they say.

People are right to think what she says should not be left unchecked but people really need to watch how easily she connects with people and what she can pull along with her. She had 450k people sign on to watch her play a video game. If the Democrats and Republicans take her lightly because of her platform it’s a mistake.

Reactions: MookieBlaylock9
As partisan as Fox News is (and they are a partisan mouth piece for the Republican Establishment), the comparisons of the criticisms of the Obama policy positions and scandals is nothing compared to the outright visceral nature of the 'news' broadcasting the rest of the media has done for the last 4 years. They aren't even comparable.
They spent days complaining about Obama wearing a tam suit.

Drama queens tend to attract lots of attention....and the media loves it.

Your ignoring a major news network that did the same thing for 8 years before that.

If you are talking about Fox, there really is no comparison. If you were to rate the level of vitriol on Fox towards Obama as '10', the level of vitriol towards Trump on CNN/MSNBC would be '1,000'. You know that is true if you are being objective in the least.

This ⬆️ X 1,000.

In a lot of places that always happens it just doesn’t tend to impact the numbers. They’ve acknowledged that in some of these places that they’ve never even opened these mail in ballots before because they didn’t matter. This year that isn’t the case and we are all getting a lesson in how there are truly 50 different elections going on.

So you just stated that state/county/local election offices have acknowledged that in past election they didn't even bother opening and counting mail-in ballots because "they didn't matter"???

Haha please show me one single solitary link to this - not of some 3rd party saying they didn't, but of actual actors saying that they didn't. That would be a violation of federal law and punishable with prison time. Talking about US military servicemen stationed out of country having their mail-in ballots not even count? One of the most egregious forms of un-American violations for anyone to commit, and they acknowledge this?

If you are talking about Fox, there really is no comparison. If you were to rate the level of vitriol on Fox towards Obama as '10', the level of vitriol towards Trump on CNN/MSNBC would be '1,000'. You know that is true if you are being objective in the least.
They gave air time to the birtherism movement. I get that Trump and many others have spent so much time whining about how mean the media is that people believe that it’s become the norm. I was just watching Fox and the guys in Georgia are now calling them traitors for calling states before votes are counted because the media hates Trump. It just amazes me how some people eat this stuff up.

Reactions: ClowneyPosse
I think much of what she says is absolutely off the wall but I also think she is one of the few in Washington who actually believes what they say.

People are right to think what she says should not be left unchecked but people really need to watch how easily she connects with people and what she can pull along with her. She had 450k people sign on to watch her play a video game. If the Democrats and Republicans take her lightly because of her platform it’s a mistake.
She's cute. That's where it ends. I don't disagree with anything you've said. She's certainly not going to outwit anyone though without a monster team of advisors. Her tweets weren't even hers for a long time. She all but stopped after one of her advisors left.

I'm OK with that - no past US Presidency - not even Nixon - has lied and flouted democracy and tried to cheat and steal like Trump has done since day 1 of his time in office.

He and his administration are currently doing it RIGHT NOW - screaming for legally submitted and received American votes in an election to be thrown aside and nont counted. The national media would love ANY President to give them viewer fodder - Trump isn't the first President for national media to criticize, as they done so with both Republican and Democratic Presidents. The national media LOVED Trump when he was a candidate in 2016.

Tell Trump to stop feeding the national media: their only 2 options are to turn their eyes away and not respond, like Faux News have done for 4 years, or to make news about what he says/does. Trump is a scandal machine on turbo drive.....

So you just stated that state/county/local election offices have acknowledged that in past election they didn't even bother opening and counting mail-in ballots because "they didn't matter"???

Haha please show me one single solitary link to this - not of some 3rd party saying they didn't, but of actual actors saying that they didn't. That would be a violation of federal law and punishable with prison time. Talking about US military servicemen stationed out of country having their mail-in ballots not even count? One of the most egregious forms of un-American violations for anyone to commit, and they acknowledge this?
I was listening to CSpan on election night and they had former election officials stating that they often have less than 1000 mail in ballots and that it is very rare that these votes will actually impact the election. They may be counted before final certifications are done but they don’t hold an election determination when a candidate is winning by 40,000 votes because they have 500 mail in ballots to open.

So yes while I get that it sounds really patriotic to count the votes for the service people overseas those votes are very rarely to never what pushes a candidate over the edge.

This year is a rare exception in both cases. There are still enough ballots in some places to change the margins so they are going to count them and if all 8,000 service people from Georgia actually vote and all vote for Trump it could change the election.

Again I know that we are always told “every vote matters” but in reality we all know that isn’t true.

It's looking like both Nevada and Arizona are steadily moving/staying outside recount margins and they give 17 total electoral votes. Biden wouldn't even need Pennsylvania to get to 270 electoral votes.....

I was listening to CSpan on election night and they had former election officials stating that they often have less than 1000 mail in ballots and that it is very rare that these votes will actually impact the election. They may be counted before final certifications are done but they don’t hold an election determination when a candidate is winning by 40,000 votes because they have 500 mail in ballots to open.

So yes while I get that it sounds really patriotic to count the votes for the service people overseas those votes are very rarely to never what pushes a candidate over the edge.

This year is a rare exception in both cases. There are still enough ballots in some places to change the margins so they are going to count them and if all 8,000 service people from Georgia actually vote and all vote for Trump it could change the election.

Again I know that we are always told “every vote matters” but in reality we all know that isn’t true.

Do you not even understand that the idea that 1,000 counted mail-in ballots not impacting elections with tens and hundreds of thousands much less millions of votes is TOTALLY AND ENTIRELY DIFFERENT FROM:

They’ve acknowledged that in some of these places that they’ve never even opened these mail in ballots before because they didn’t matter.

How do people go about their lives twisting and distorting what they say all the time? How do they even attempt to hang onto reality when they throw reality into the trash bin like this without any blinks of the eye? Just to make some random offhand comment, but then outright LIE and distort what they say. Just in the act of casual discourse with strangers on a message board. For what sick benefit does that give them in life? It's on the level of pulling wings off of butterflies, and dousing frogs with lighter fluid and setting them alight. It's a bit....stunted and deranged......

Reactions: jthunder
What's the deal with North Carolina? For days the info had their votes in at 94%. Now, per Fox News and the AP, it's at 99% for President and 98% for the Senate race, but the actual vote numbers haven't changed.

Do you not even understand that the idea that 1,000 counted mail-in ballots not impacting elections with tens and hundreds of thousands much less millions of votes is TOTALLY AND ENTIRELY DIFFERENT FROM:

How do people go about their lives twisting and distorting what they say all the time? How do they even attempt to hang onto reality when they throw reality into the trash bin like this without any blinks of the eye? Just to make some random offhand comment, but then outright LIE and distort what they say. Just in the act of casual discourse with strangers on a message board. For what sick benefit does that give them in life? It's on the level of pulling wings off of butterflies, and dousing frogs with lighter fluid and setting them alight. It's a bit....stunted and deranged......
One of the people stated that their state had a rule that they do not open the ballots unless they will impact the election. They will count them as ballots received but not in terms of the candidate totals.

What's the deal with North Carolina? For days the info had their votes in at 94%. Now, per Fox News and the AP, it's at 99% for President and 98% for the Senate race, but the actual vote numbers haven't changed.
I read somewhere they wouldn't have final numbers until November 12.

You mean the kind of election where people came out in record numbers to vote. As I told my in-laws in 2015/2016 when they just thought Trump was the most amazing thing ever you sealed the 2020 election for the Democrats. There was great potential for the Republican Party to win in 2016 and establish a positive change and cement a place for years to come and instead the picked the one person who would absolutely ensure that would not happen. So far all the complaining about the results this year remember this is not because the “Radical Left” is taking over the county but because “Republicans” opted to nominate Trump.

Trump is the best president in the history of the USA.

Where is 1.69 gas? We are at 1.89 around here.
Regardless we negotiated to actually increase gas prices under the current administration not too long ago.

In terms of the power bill I don’t know how much of an increase anyone would see that isn’t already coming. Every time I turn around I’m getting something else in the mail about how one of the utility companies are asking for another increase which our utility board just rubber stamps every time.
Greenville it’s been 1.69 or so for months and less than 2.00 forever it seems. Bottom line is we are looking at 5.00 a gallon within the next 2 years

2016 Russian interfered with the election.
2020 How dare you question the Integrity of the election.

I'm OK with that - no past US Presidency - not even Nixon - has lied and flouted democracy and tried to cheat and steal like Trump has done since day 1 of his time in office.

I've heard this said about so many presidents its lost its luster.

Greenville it’s been 1.69 or so for months and less than 2.00 forever it seems. Bottom line is we are looking at 5.00 a gallon within the next 2 years

Why $5.00? Because the oil companies will try and recoup all their lost revenue due to covid? It is nice that it's so low, but that's directly correlated to a lack of demand.

Soldiers overseas couldn't vote, then.

Ambassadors, travelers and ex-pats could not.

About 1/3 of all votes were mailed in in 2016.

You are the one attacking democracy.

They can set up polling places/voting machines on all our military bases overseas and inside embassies.

As far as travelers, if you choose to be out of town on Election Day then you have chosen not to vote. Same goes for ex-pats. If you have chosen to live in another country you have chosen not to participate in our elections.

I just think it's absurd that we have to sit and watch people manually count mail-in votes for days and days after an election to get to the result. And it would eliminate all the crap questions about postmarks or when a ballot was received or whether signatures match or who actually voted the ballot or if the person is dead or living in another state, etc.

In-person voting on the day of the election at a polling place with photo ID eliminates all of this sh-- we have been watching occur this week.

One of the people stated that their state had a rule that they do not open the ballots unless they will impact the election. They will count them as ballots received but not in terms of the candidate totals.

#1 - why didn't you say this instead of what you actually posted, as THIS has more direct relevancy to your first statement. The one you actually posted had no relevance at all to it......

#2 - why don't you quote the link of this "one person" stating this? Is this "one person" an election official at all? Someone who has ANY connection to actual elections? WHat state are they "one of the people" of: if we knew the state they are citizens of, we can google that state's election code to verify, but again - if this is TRUE - that ANY state election commission chooses to NOT count US citizen's legal votes - FOR ANY REASON - in an election, is in direct violation of Constitutional law.

Rather than just vaguely throwing out this prattle, I would think you'd take it more seriously to fact-check who this "one person" is, and what state he/she is a citizen of. Otherwise, this statement is most likely pure garbage.....

Seeing how Covid has shut everything down that won’t happen. Nobody’s using gas...hence this price will stay low. Supply and demand...go back to economics 101

They can set up polling places/voting machines on all our military bases overseas and inside embassies.

By United States Constitution, the governance of citizen votes SHALL fall to state governments. This is one of those "State Powers" as delineated per the 10th and final Right of the Bill Of Rights. This is a nation of PEOPLE, that shall not be governed by monarch, by tyrant, nor by military strongman. NO Federal military branch of service shall hold power of elections over the PEOPLE.

As far as travelers, if you choose to be out of town on Election Day then you have chosen not to vote. Same goes for ex-pats. If you have chosen to live in another country you have chosen not to participate in our elections.

What if inclement weather, family emergency, etc etc etc FORCES people to be outside of their voting areas?? Sure if those things happen unexpectedly ON Election Day, then those people already forfeit their chance to vote unless they voted early. But for them as well as for "ex-pats", they are STILL United States Citizens, and you're taking a very grand position of over-riding what the Constitution calls a basic fundamental right of US Citizens. Not usre how you earned that position.

I just think it's absurd that we have to sit and watch people manually count mail-in votes for days and days after an election to get to the result. And it would eliminate all the crap questions about postmarks or when a ballot was received or whether signatures match or who actually voted the ballot or if the person is dead or living in another state, etc.

In-person voting on the day of the election at a polling place with photo ID eliminates all of this sh-- we have been watching occur this week.

No one has to "sit and watch" anything. In 1776, we were a nation of some 4 million people. At the start of the Civil War, we were a nation of some 40 million.

Today, we're fast approaching a nation of some 400 million citizens, and hand-tabulating votes - even using digital computers because, after all, each and every vote entered into those are done by human hand - are going to be an inherit act of power as long as the United States Constitution still stands.

Me thinks like Donald Trump, you may want to spend some time sitting down and reading that document, once you finally get the opportunity.....

Reactions: Dizzy01
It started well before of April 2016, and only someone looking at it through severe partisan lenses can take his commentary from that press conference as asking for interference in the election instead of a joke about Hillary's server being hacked by multiple foreign entities, which is what was being reported at the time.

Its been a staple of this Presidency that the Media will run with misrepresentations of what he says whenever there is an opportunity to do so and push it for as long and hard as they can. It works because too many people don't objectively look at what they are being told by political commentators pretending to 'report' the news. Happens on both sides.
A joke? No. Seriously. No. Love a good joke, especially a sarcastic joke. But cmon. No way he was joking. He knew it could go both ways and he used it in a precise manner.

You fail to attribute any of the divisiveness in the country to the media. I think they are largely responsible for the current atmosphere. Some of the hateful rhetoric that has been spewed on CNN and MSNBC over the past four years will rival or surpass anything Trump has said. Be real.
The media has always been divisive, in one way or another.

I've heard this said about so many presidents its lost its luster.

I honestly cannot say that I heard someone say that no one has ever lied cheated and flouted democracy like Trump has done, back when Carter, Reagan, or Bush were Presidents. If I had, I would have been thoroughly confused.

Trump is the current President. Perhaps previous presidents set the standard during their presidencies, but in more ways than I can list right now, Trump has far eclipsed ALL of them, and surpassed them altogether in some areas. Trump certainly has lied more times than all previous Presidents combined, by documented record.

But my statement was not intended to be viewed as lustrous attribute to Trump, by any means....

You fail to attribute any of the divisiveness in the country to the media. I think they are largely responsible for the current atmosphere. Some of the hateful rhetoric that has been spewed on CNN and MSNBC over the past four years will rival or surpass anything Trump has said. Be real.

National media in its purist form - true journalistic purity - is to report the facts and truth to the American People. Of course, the "media" will choose to report what they do framed in a way to pull people's attention to it, to make money. They can twist the truth to pull attention, but often that is only exposed for what it is.

They can report the truth, but then hype and "sell" it as bigger truth than it really is, in order to pull that viewership. But it is still the base truth and fact, and is still left to the PEOPLE to decide how it impacts them. They just also have to decide if it is as BIG a truth as that media source made it out to be.

For the vast majority of Trump's time in the White House, very little to none of what the media reported was of the first kind. And to be true, they have had it easy when it came to reporting the second kind. Donald Trump has mostly provided all the hype and "bigly" framing of what his administration has done, for the media.

But largely all they've done, is respond to what Trump first set on fire. Trump started this whole grudge match by labeling the Media as fake news and as enemies to the people before he was even elected. That threw down the gauntlet at the Media's feet, guaranteeing that whatever missteps Trump would commit, the Media would be there to report it. Trump's entire time in office was one bumbling stumble after another.

The only other alternative for the Media, was to just turn their backs and ignore what Trump did. Kinda like Faux News, the ONLY national media source that Trump was somewhat nice to. Perhaps Trump should have been nicer to CNN, MSNBC, etc....

I think there needs to be a great deal of clarification on this very issue.

Are these ballots postmarked either before or on November 3? If yes, ok. Count them as they are valid.

If postmarked 11/4 or after - too bad. Falls into the "you had one job" category for a voter. If I can't walk into my local election commission on 11/4 (or after) and cast a ballot, you can't have yours postmarked that day or after. If your tax return is after April 15, it's late and you have to pay a penalty. In the case of absentee voting, your penalty is your vote is late and doesn't get included in the official results.

To answer your question:

NO ONE is accepting ballots post-marked after November 3, 2020. No state has in their election code/law to accept ballots post-marked after November 3, 2020. It is law that votes submitted can ONLY be accepted no later than Election Day, which in this case was November 3, 2020. When voting in person, that means voting before the polls close, pursuant to the respective state election codes (in SC it was 7pm, in other states it was 8pm).

With mail-in/absentee ballots, there is variances regarding them because these are not in-person voting, but votes that come in from other locations that need to be tallied and physically registered into the logs by election officials. They need to be removed from the envelopes, confirmed they are authentic as to identities of the voter and was properly filled out and signed. And THEN added to the logs (registered).

This involves time delays with mailing of the ballot, and the extra physical work of gathering the ballots, unsealing the ballots, checking for verifications, and THEN registered. It takes additional time. And if there are issues with how the ballots were delivered to the election offices (USPS), then there could be delays with all that "processing".

Just like everyone else knows about all the other issues we're dealing with as a nation (Covid-19, economy, racial and political divides), everyone knows about the issues with the USPS, and mail delivery delays. During the election, even after Tuesday, there are reports of people finding bins of undelivered mail including ballots, of persons trying to drive across the Canadian border with his trunk full of undelivered mail, of the federal courts mandating that the USPS stay up all night scanning their warehouses for undelivered ballots stashed away.

So ALL these ballots are ballots that are post-marked prior to or on November 3, 2020. And as you stated above, they are considered LEGAL votes by the courts, and per the Constitution.

But because Donald Trump made it his 4-year mission to denounce and cast doubt on the system of mail-in/absentee vote as being fraudulent, THIS election there is extreme focus and attention being placed on them. Who knows - perhaps in past elections there were regularly large numbers of mailed in ballots that were thrown aside by the USPS, votes by US Citizens that were thrown into the garbage, never counting in those elections.

But thanks to Trump, they will most definitely be counted in this election. Everyone say Thank You, to Mr. Trump......

Well. That's how it is and will be in close races. So we will have to deal with it despite your opinion. ;)

Also it is obvious that the President craved this exact situation because he attacked the USPS.

Basically, he is a sore loser who wants to blame the refs before the game is even over.

#1 - why didn't you say this instead of what you actually posted, as THIS has more direct relevancy to your first statement. The one you actually posted had no relevance at all to it......

#2 - why don't you quote the link of this "one person" stating this? Is this "one person" an election official at all? Someone who has ANY connection to actual elections? WHat state are they "one of the people" of: if we knew the state they are citizens of, we can google that state's election code to verify, but again - if this is TRUE - that ANY state election commission chooses to NOT count US citizen's legal votes - FOR ANY REASON - in an election, is in direct violation of Constitutional law.

Rather than just vaguely throwing out this prattle, I would think you'd take it more seriously to fact-check who this "one person" is, and what state he/she is a citizen of. Otherwise, this statement is most likely pure garbage.....
I was driving home listening to C-Span. There may be some way to go back and listen to recordings of their coverage if you would like. I just simply found it interesting when they were commenting about why some of the areas have no experience with actually processing the mail in ballots. I expect this will absolutely change now as I expect more and more places will be using more “absentee” ballots moving forward.

National media in its purist form - true journalistic purity - is to report the facts and truth to the American People. Of course, the "media" will choose to report what they do framed in a way to pull people's attention to it, to make money. They can twist the truth to pull attention, but often that is only exposed for what it is.

They can report the truth, but then hype and "sell" it as bigger truth than it really is, in order to pull that viewership. But it is still the base truth and fact, and is still left to the PEOPLE to decide how it impacts them. They just also have to decide if it is as BIG a truth as that media source made it out to be.

For the vast majority of Trump's time in the White House, very little to none of what the media reported was of the first kind. And to be true, they have had it easy when it came to reporting the second kind. Donald Trump has mostly provided all the hype and "bigly" framing of what his administration has done, for the media.

But largely all they've done, is respond to what Trump first set on fire. Trump started this whole grudge match by labeling the Media as fake news and as enemies to the people before he was even elected. That threw down the gauntlet at the Media's feet, guaranteeing that whatever missteps Trump would commit, the Media would be there to report it. Trump's entire time in office was one bumbling stumble after another.

The only other alternative for the Media, was to just turn their backs and ignore what Trump did. Kinda like Faux News, the ONLY national media source that Trump was somewhat nice to. Perhaps Trump should have been nicer to CNN, MSNBC, etc....
The only thing I will say about Fox is that they do at least have at least two people who are not just shills for the Republican Party. Wallace and Baier both try their best to do classic news reporting. Unfortunately that makes them prime targets for “anti-media” crowd.

My real concern with all of the attacks is the amount of people who now think Fox isn’t biased enough. Once you get to that point you are looking for affirmation not information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT