ADVERTISEMENT

When does the new football facility...

Goose cock

May 12, 2019
....pay dividends on the recruiting trail? This looks like a class we could have had anytime in the last decade? Maybe they have commented on it but have not read about any recruits say it made any huge impression. We are out recruiting uk (maybe) and vandy in the east right now. It can change but have to get into the upper half of the conference.

Reactions: SOSUSC
You obviously haven't been keeping up with what recruits are saying. That make sense though, why would you.

Last edited by a moderator:
This class looks like any other class we have had for the last decade.
I agree, and I'm not necessarily married to my above statement. Just saying, who knows what the class looks like without the improvements we made. Not like standing still would have helped

When did a class have a top QB and RB in the top 100 in the last decade?

Before we compare and complain, how about see how the class finishes, we are a finalist for the #1 player, that hasn't happened since Clowney

I'm very pleased with this class goven its July especially given last season and the bowl loss

Good lawd man. We have the poutiest fans in all of sports. Sometimes it seems the moderators need to change pampers and serve kool Aid in sippy cups.

Kid don't want to play for third Place in the East. Elite players usually want to go somewhere they can play for Conference Championships.
So you come here, bring a couple of your buddies, and we go all the way to ATL and get it done. What's tough to understand

Really ?
You have seen big time out if state RBs commit to us in last deacade like Lloyd?
Top 11 QBs like Doty ?
4 star DT like Huntley ?
Or us it maybe you do not and have not truly followed recruiting

Really ?
You have seen big time out if state RBs commit to us in last deacade like Lloyd?
Top 11 QBs like Doty ?
4 star DT like Huntley ?
I like the commits we have so not trying to compare them to these guys. But sure:

David Williams
Connor Mitch
Darius Whitfield

All 4*s when they came out that did jack here

Reactions: Tig3rman
I think Champ has done a remarkable job in recruiting . Let's be honest in his 7 years as a head coach he has shown no ability to develop a quarterback or a consistent offense yet he is about to sign top qb's in back to back to back classes.

Really ?
Top 11 QBs like Doty ?
4 star DT like Huntley ?

You are looking at this wrong. In comparison to who we are recruiting against in the sec and Clemson, we are very ordinary and I thought the new facility would be a true game changer. To this point, it does not appear to have made a huge difference. Maybe we finish strong and all of my perception goes out the window. Hope that’s the case.

Reactions: ddw1263 and SOSUSC
Whatever our recruiting turns out to be, I'm inclined to believe it would have been less without the facility. It might eventually turn out that it needs to be laced in someone else's hands.

I'm not sure facilities are as much a differentiator as they use to be. Now it's more an expectation of top schools/top recruits than it is an added bonus. Not having a top tier one can hurt you, for sure. But having one doesn't make a team stand out like it did 5-10 years ago. They are a dime a dozen now...

In the end, I think it all falls on a coach and his staffs ability to build a culture that kids want to play for, not a building that kids want to play in. If a program is thinking that their facility is the drawing factor for an elite talented kid, they are missing the target. Pun intended...

When will the thing be 100% finished? I know the Jerri and Steve Spurrier Indoor Practice Facility has been in use for a while but is the Football Ops building completely done/in use? I didn't get to see it when I took a facilities tour in March.

I like the commits we have so not trying to compare them to these guys. But sure:

David Williams
Connor Mitch
Darius Whitfield

All 4*s when they came out that did jack here

Well of course. Pretty sure many many teams can go back and see 4 and even 5 stars that did not live up to the hype

....pay dividends on the recruiting trail? This looks like a class we could have had anytime in the last decade? Maybe they have commented on it but have not read about any recruits say it made any huge impression. We are out recruiting uk (maybe) and vandy in the east right now. It can change but have to get into the upper half of the conference.
When our player payroll matches Clemson's.

That facility is helping recruiting big time. Not sure what you're seeing- this is a great looking class so far.
We're ranked 19 with 14 commitments. It's a good class, no doubt. Unfortunately, it's not as high as a lot of our competitors. Such is life in the big leagues.

I'm not sure facilities are as much a differentiator as they use to be. Now it's more an expectation of top schools/top recruits than it is an added bonus. Not having a top tier one can hurt you, for sure. But having one doesn't make a team stand out like it did 5-10 years ago. They are a dime a dozen now...

In the end, I think it all falls on a coach and his staffs ability to build a culture that kids want to play for, not a building that kids want to play in. If a program is thinking that their facility is the drawing factor for an elite talented kid, they are missing the target. Pun intended...
I agree with this. Having 1st class facilities no longer places you in an elite group. It just means you aren't at the bottom of the barrel.
Take a look at Northwestern's indoor facility if you think only perennial powers have great facilities.

Just having seen pictures and not going into the new fb facility it appears very sterile. Obviously getting back in the facility where the players are is really appealing and has a lot to offer the players and their development. I don’t think facility alone is what draws players there. Clemson won one of their playoffs well before their facility was done

All the football ops building did was put us on par with other teams we recruit against. Look at the difference in and around the stadium and practice facilities in the last 10 years. We have come a long way, but we need to start winning games and develop a culture of winning with what and who we have right now. Then they will come.

As for Huntley, Doty and possibly Burch, they are in our state and a couple 3 miles away. Easier to get those dudes when they are that close. The good thing about that upstate team is that they can't take everybody and some of them are falling our way.

You speak too much truth for this forum.

I think Champ has done a remarkable job in recruiting . Let's be honest in his 7 years as a head coach he has shown no ability to develop a quarterback or a consistent offense yet he is about to sign top qb's in back to back to back classes.
champ isnt the one developing qbs, we just got werner last year and jake has had to learn a new offense. im pretty sure werner is good at his job.also yea jake was inconsistent in the new offense last year but he will still probably leave usc as the td pass leader and total yards passing leader so im not sure that you are even close to correct there. if we had a defense and a running game we woulda won at least nine last year

If we were in the acc. In the sec, very ordinary. But that can change.

Actually, your recruiting class would be ranked 6th in the conference if you were in the ACC, so it is pretty ordinary there as well.

Just proof that a shiny new facility doesn't do a lot for you in this age of college football.

Actually, your recruiting class would be ranked 6th in the conference if you were in the ACC, so it is pretty ordinary there as well.

Just proof that a shiny new facility doesn't do a lot for you in this age of college football.

This class isn't over yet.

For grins this is how our classes would have ranked in the might acc the last 5 years

19 #2
18 #3
17 #3
16 #5
15 #3

So try again, better yet, go to a tater board and try. Excuse I need to puke and shower after replying to a tater.

Reactions: NetworkX
This class isn't over yet.

For grins this is how our classes would have ranked in the might acc the last 5 years

19 #2
18 #3
17 #3
16 #5
15 #3

So try again, better yet, go to a tater board and try. Excuse I need to puke and shower after replying to a tater.

Those are good facts, however, they are irrelevant to the conversation on this thread due to the fact that this is the first recruiting cycle with the new facility as a selling point (which is what the thread is about). Wasn't questioning your ability to recruit against the ACC over the last decade, was simply making the point that the facility hasn't helped you against the "mighty acc" at this point. But ff you want to have a conversation about that we can? Might want to check your record vs the acc over that same time period before we entertain it though.

I'm sorry you threw up on yourself...you should def shower.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT