ADVERTISEMENT

Where are all the people that said 9 or 10 wins?

Didn't make any total predictions per se' but I did say 6-6 would be good enough for Champ to keep his job. Yeah.....that's not happening.

I am here and yesterday was a bad day. I now predict 6-6. Kentucky is a must win. I can't believe how bad our offensive line played yesterday. Shocked. Wofford needs to get this right.

Reactions: MJDaGod6Rings
Might want to read the posts before you assume anyone said he was a “great hire”. If you had you would realize you just proved my point and still be searching for me an example
Yes, b/c 174 people said they'd be happy if he was hired b/c they thought he wasn't a great hire? You don't believe that.

Yes, b/c 174 people said they'd be happy if he was hired b/c they thought he wasn't a great hire? You don't believe that.
First, you know this site is full of Clemson and uga fans.(who can vote) Second, you also know that at that time we had missed out on Smart, and Herman. If you read the posts in the thread you quoted, you realize that the fans that posted in it were mostly indifferent but hopeful. Muschamp was our third choice and many were eager for the job to be filled. Just don’t remember Gamecock fans claiming that it was a “great hire”. Most knew what it was and were hopeful

Reactions: PC31
First, you know this site is full of Clemson and uga fans.(who can vote)
174 of them????
Bg18V_.gif

I'm right here. I said 8 wins and 9 if we were lucky. I was wrong. However, I am not going to apologize for being optimistic about our team. I had hoped a healthy defense and a senior QB would elevate our team. We all know what happened at QB and the jury is still out on our defense although I think they will continue to improve as the season goes on. I'm now predicting 6-6 for the season. Our three losses will be Georgia, A&M, and Clemson. Although I am still holding out hope for that Clemson game because f them.

I said 4 and that is going to be too high.

I am here - I still held hope that Bentley would have a career year, because I have never seen a QB at USC before that never developed after basically being the starter his entire career. I hoped that the defense would improve substantially after last year, with improved depth and injured key players returning healthy. I held hope because despite how this was supposed to be a tough schedule, it wasn't any different from last season minus the addition of 1 opponent, and we screwed ourselves out of possibly 3 wins last season, and we won 7 then. So the chance of 9-10 wins wasn't impossible to me this season.

I am a South Carolina Gamecock fan and will always be supportive and hopeful for my teams to have great success. So you call me out - what the hell are you?

Reactions: bostonsc
Nope, Clemson had a bye week. And in fact, doesn't have much interesting to do at all for a couple of months. And DAMN, I didn't think the ACC could sink any lower than the 2018 season... guess this was the wrong season to stop sniffing glue.

I agree - you should go back to sniffing glue as soon as possible......

I am here and yesterday was a bad day. I now predict 6-6. Kentucky is a must win. I can't believe how bad our offensive line played yesterday. Shocked. Wofford needs to get this right.

I said UNC was a must win.
Then I said Mizzou was a must win.

Muschamp, in my opinion, has failed his tests. He's like a guy all alone in the desert that has suffered a couple of rattlesnake bites. There's really nothing he can do but lie down and wait for the inevitable.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Our entire season hinged on beating UNC. That was our litmus test. We all (well, almost all said so prior to the season). If we lost to UNC, it was going to be a LOOOOONG year. Once the unthinkable happened and we lost to UNC, we somehow convinced ourselves that it was a fluke.

My preseason prediction, which was the same as many others, looks to be coming to fruition: if we lose to UNC it's a 3-4 win type of season. Right now, I only see 2 more possible wins: Vandy and App State. At best, those are tossups.

Question? I know most people don't care and would say turn it down, but what is the answer to the question? 5-7 is possible. If that happened couldn't USC go to s bowl because of a high ( APR)? Usually more bowls than 6-6 or better rrecords.

Couldn't bring myself to predict a record. Whether you predict one win or ten, to do so is to have an expectation. I had none after witnessing one of the most embarrassing bowl performances I had ever seen by any Gamecock team in my lifetime.

I think I predicted Gamecocks would run the table. Didnt think they'd do it, but figured if they did I could always go back and say, hey, I picked them to win it all. I'm smart for once.

That said, is there money riding on who predicted what? If not, who cares?

He says "all those people" predicted 9 wins, which was an impossible win total. He pretends "all those people" predicted 9 wins when in fact there were very few high win predictions by regular posters here on the FGF.
From my observation, there were numerous posts on this site with predictions of 9 wins and other silly projections. If nothing else Gamecock fans sure get excited pre-season and truly believe they are going to prove doubters wrong this year. I’m not sure if it is just wishful thinking or they really believe these things. These are the same folks that will see a freshman tailback have a good game against a high school caliber team and think that he’s the next George Rogers. Or a freshman quarterback play well in 2 games and then bet the house he’s gonna win the Heisman. Some on here just need to temper their expectations or they will be in for a disappointing life.

I said 9 wins. Possible, even after getting blown out by UVA the prior season. I thought that loss would light a fire in the team that we need.

But we already lost two of the games I thought we would for sure win.

And the way we played in those games I now predict a 1 or 2 win season for 2019.

The only other team I think we can beat is Vandy. And that will be a 50/50 toss up.

:confused:

Last edited:
I said 9 wins. Possible, even after getting blown out by UVA the prior season. I thought that loss would light a fire in the team that we need.

But we already lost two of the games I thought we would for sure win.

And the way we played in those games I now predict a 1 or 2 win season for 2019.

The only other team I think we can beat is Vandy. And that will be a 50/50 toss up.

:confused:
To light a fire under this team would require a coach that has that fire within him. I’ve seen no such fire. All I’ve seen is apathy.

i thought we would be in the 5-7 to 7-5 range. I felt like UNC Charleston Southern, UK, Vandy, and App St were going to be our 5 should be should wins games. @Missouri, UF, @Tenn, @A&M would be our toss ups. The Bama, @UGA, and Clemson games would be Ls unless we had divine intervention. We are going to struggle to get 5 wins... I thought we would be one of the best 7 win teams in the country lol silly me

First, you know this site is full of Clemson and uga fans.(who can vote) Second, you also know that at that time we had missed out on Smart, and Herman. If you read the posts in the thread you quoted, you realize that the fans that posted in it were mostly indifferent but hopeful. Muschamp was our third choice and many were eager for the job to be filled. Just don’t remember Gamecock fans claiming that it was a “great hire”. Most knew what it was and were hopeful
https://southcarolina.forums.rivals.com/threads/i-think-muschamp-would-be-a-great-hire.101609/

From my observation, there were numerous posts on this site with predictions of 9 wins and other silly projections. These are the same folks that will see a freshman tailback have a good game and think that he’s the next George Rogers. Or a freshman quarterback play well then bet the house he’s gonna win the Heisman.

My initial 2019 projection was posted in June and I believe it was quite clear. I predicted:
"6-6, if and only if Carolina beats UNcarolina ... And I'm only going 6-6 because I don't have the balls to fight the board and predict anything worse."

What the Sunshine Pumpers don't seem to understand is ... Just because you are correct does not mean that you are happy being right.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT