ADVERTISEMENT

Where is the Evidence??

The only bagman I know exists is Brad Scott's bagman in Florida. I know of "him" for 2 reasons:

1. He used him while he was here, although at the time we were only able to get kids that FSU did not want, as it was the same setup FSU used.

2. A high school assistant coach came clean with one of our coaches in regards to the recruitment of Sammy Watkins. They bag a family member and someone on the coaching staff typically. He also said he knew that CJ Spiller was "bagged" earlier. Our coach told me a little later that Mackensie Alexander was a done deal to clemson because high school coach told him not to waste his time, they already got to him. He said that the only other real player was Dan Mullen at Miss State who also is thought to have a "bagman" in Florida. He told me this around the day Alexander decomitted from UT, long before he picked CU. Clemson was not even considered a major player for him at that time, so I have a hard time thinking he just guessed right. Even if they were a big player, how would he know 100% he was headed to CU?

and #3. Why don't our or other coaches turn teams in? Two reasons. Number one, It is not like it is just one guy walking around with a brown bag of money...It is a network that has taken decades to set-up. Wonder why they kept Brad around after he proved he could not coach? Number two, you better be damn sure that you are clean if you do it. Plus, you piss off a ton of high school coaches who make good money "guiding" kids to certain schools. Sound a bit like AAU? In other words, you will probably never coach bigtime college football again if you are found to be a whistle blower.

It is no surprise that when Auburn and Bama finally quit spending so much time turning each other in they both won championships.

Clemson's network is better than ours (better than most actually) and it is a hybrid of FSU and Bama philosophies. I am pretty certain that our new staff dabbles in the game we speak of. They are just light years behind our competition currently.
some of you are truly idiots. Spiller came back to Clemson for his senior season. He could have left a year early and gotten the same 40 million dollar bonus he got the following year. And you think his relationship with Clemson was based on an envelope full of cash somebody gave him? That's just absolutely moronic.

Okay, what is the specific data that causes "reasonable suspicion"? An honest question in response to a fair response.

Ok, here you go. They went 7-6. Dabo is their coach and no one had ever heard of him basically, and word was he stabbed the coach he replaced in the back to get the job. They were FSU's bitch. So the year after going 7-6, the taters sign the what (like #3-5 class) in the nation with a then no name coach. Nothing to see there.

Hats off to him for keeping it up cause now he's built something that works and will be hard to beat.

Ok, here you go. They went 7-6. Dabo is their coach and no one had ever heard of him basically, and word was he stabbed the coach he replaced in the back to get the job. They were FSU's bitch. So the year after going 7-6, the taters sign the what (like #3-5 class) in the nation with a then no name coach. Nothing to see there.

Hats off to him for keeping it up cause now he's built something that works and will be hard to beat.
Most uneducated statement you could make! Tommy was even with his dad, actually I think he had 1-up! Tommy recommended Dabo for the job. Dabo beat us that year which gave him an opportunity.

You guys should go on YouTube & watch some of Dabo’s press conferences. Perhaps then you’ll have a better understanding as to why the Clemson football program is where it is now. It’s been a process. While Carolina football was content with beating Clemson 5 years in a row, Dabo saw the big picture. He was working on building a powerhouse. Dabo & his staff don’t just recruit players based on their athletic ability. He recruits players that fit the culture that he has established. He also doesn’t expect one or two 5stars to be the saving grace of the team. Player development is key. Think about gamecock football...how many players leave the university as not only a better football player but also a better man ? At Clemson, Best is the standard. What’s the standard for your program ?

hahahaha what a man crush. I guess you just ignore the fact that Dabo was part of the staff that got fired at Alabama for cheating?

Clemson was actually 6-7 in 2010, and signed the 8th rated class per Rivals. Signing 4 5* players could raise eyebrows, but it's not like those players suddenly hopped on Clemson the week of signing day. Dabo and staff had been working them for 2 years, and Brad Scott's HS connections in FL were particularly valuable with Sammy Watkins and Mike Bellamy. Brad was personal friends with Watkins' mother prior to him even being on recruiting radars. You can't underestimate the payoffs from hard work on the recruiting trail. Sure, it's easy to say "bagman!", but without anything resembling proof, it's pretty hollow.

Clemson isn't squeaky clean. No P5 program is, besides maybe Duke and Vanderbilt. Clemson also isn't cheating anywhere near the extent that people like to dream they are. Nobody has offered a shred of proof about whatever sinister plot New Spring is involved in. Every bit of it is "Well, I heard from a guy I know..."

Reactions: vacock#
Lots of triggered taters on this thread. And some of them are still using "us" when talking about Carolina. Give it up already! There is one surefire way to out a tater on this site, just insult Dabo/Clempson.

So childish, you're a tater, no you are...
Your mom is....my dad will beat up your dad...
Such nonsense.

Fact is Clemson is winning so they must be cheating, man give me a break.
I still remember growing up in the 80s and 90s these proud fans of ours would wear garner or black to games because they were afraid someone would say they were going to a Carolina game. It use to bug shit out of me all the blue, red, pink, yellow shorts in Williams Brice. Don't believe me go to YouTube. Didn't happen til Holtz but Clemson has been all Orange in that stadium all my life. They have a lot to offer on game day atmosphere. Small town too and they give a shit about winning and will fire a coach even if he's really really nice

Reactions: Triton20x
I am one of the largest College football geek's you could ever meet! I read everything daily about college football, I have friends that gamble based off my input and suggestions. Actually had a buddy win over $60k last year with his football knowledge and my insight (fyi- I won $163.00 on my fantasy team, ha) but point being I read and study more than anyone I know about CFB. That said, every time a rival team supercedes expectations the opposing team automatically starts calling fraud, cheating and scams. Clemson said the same about USC, Bama said it about Auburn, Oregon St said it about Oregon and Nike, Michigan said it about Michigan St. Fans can't swallow their pride enough to give the opposing rival credit therefore they have to be cheating! Never in a million years could it be that their coaching staff is doing a better job, or their facilities are better or whatever! Nope they are cheating!! No other excuse!

Well I am not that naive!! Everything runs in cycles. When Ole Miss was cheating there were articles about it continuously. When KimDouche mother wanted donations to her political fund in Africa the Atlanta Journal wrote about it. I think Richt staff turned Ole Miss in as well as Miss St. I would assume Clemson did as well.

Point being, schools don't hold back when there is blatant scandals and if Champ spoke to a recruit that gave any info he would be the first to level the playing field and exactly the same for Dabo and USC. All these people saying certain schools cheat is just ridiculous because it's a dog eat dog world.

Pretty sure Butch Jones would turn in Saban if he heard any cheating was happening because Saban will likely be the nail in his coffin!

I am one of the largest College football geek's you could ever meet! I read everything daily about college football, I have friends that gamble based off my input and suggestions. Actually had a buddy win over $60k last year with his football knowledge and my insight (fyi- I won $163.00 on my fantasy team, ha) but point being I read and study more than anyone I know about CFB. That said, every time a rival team supercedes expectations the opposing team automatically starts calling fraud, cheating and scams. Clemson said the same about USC, Bama said it about Auburn, Oregon St said it about Oregon and Nike, Michigan said it about Michigan St. Fans can't swallow their pride enough to give the opposing rival credit therefore they have to be cheating! Never in a million years could it be that their coaching staff is doing a better job, or their facilities are better or whatever! Nope they are cheating!! No other excuse!

Well I am not that naive!! Everything runs in cycles. When Ole Miss was cheating there were articles about it continuously. When KimDouche mother wanted donations to her political fund in Africa the Atlanta Journal wrote about it. I think Richt staff turned Ole Miss in as well as Miss St. I would assume Clemson did as well.

Point being, schools don't hold back when there is blatant scandals and if Champ spoke to a recruit that gave any info he would be the first to level the playing field and exactly the same for Dabo and USC. All these people saying certain schools cheat is just ridiculous because it's a dog eat dog world.

Pretty sure Butch Jones would turn in Saban if he heard any cheating was happening because Saban will likely be the nail in his coffin!

To much logic bro

Reactions: Jpcooper
So I guess when we won 11 games three years in a row , signed the #1 recruit in the country , and beat our rival ,who has owned us , five years in a row ... we must have been cheating . Why would a player like Clowney go to USC and not Bama or UF?? How is this program that has been hot garbage for 100 years winning 11 games ?? It's just stupid . Bama fans said the same thing about Auburn when Tommy Tuberville beat them 6 years in a row before Saban . Clemson was recruiting at a very high level before Dabo , Tommy B was just a terrible coach . Rather than pull excuses out of the air , acknowledged that right now they are way better than us and we need to get better . I've said this many times before ... if we go 7-6 every year our stadium is still packed . If Bama goes 7-6 the stadium is half empty and the coach is looking for work . They don't settle for mediocrity there . Until we start holding coaches and Administrators accountable for losing , nothing will change .

Think about it this way, many years back clemtech employed many graphic arts students to get the social media platform going. It resonated with recruits. So much so that Ohio St and other schools came in to see what the taters were doing. Now that we have a social media platform, we can see what they have and they videos and graphics they do. Next level stuff for today's kids. They hired a guy away from Saban named Thad Turnipseed as well and he has taken them to new heights. We were happy with spurrier and winning that we trusted him to do the right things. And he fell asleep at the wheel and stopped caring. And now we are paying for it.

6-7

Don't give 'em an extra win & take a loss away.

I have been a Gamecock fan since I became a freshman in 1962. Wanted to get that out of the way. But, I have read comments on this site about the "bagman" at the church in Clemson. So, what proof and evidence is this based on? Not judging anyone with this but just wondering out loud.

Dude, you are going to get blistered on this one... There are a TON of fans on here that "know for a fact" that Clemson is cheating (despite a lack of evidence... or perhaps they simply don't WANT turn Clemson in?... Nah, it's lack of evidence), but probably think that Climate Change is total BS (despite overwhelming evidence).

The unfortunate fact of the matter is that people believe what they WANT to believe. Evidence for or against be damned. The prospect that Dabo Swinney has built an elite program that is making a bit for a THIRD playoff spot in the last 3 years is HORRIBLE to most serious USC fans. I remember when you guys won back to back NC's in baseball... I felt sick and disgusted (and I don't even give a crap about baseball). I can only imagine how it must feel to have the team you despise the most, simply leave you in the dust (especially after the recent domination in the rivalry games). in the highest profile sport of all.

So OF COURSE Clemson cheated, the refs were biased, it was only luck... USC fans will say and believe ANYTHING to make the above not real... And I don't blame them a bit for it. I do admit to REALLY enjoying threads like this b/c these grapes... they sour!!

The only bagman I know exists is Brad Scott's bagman in Florida. I know of "him" for 2 reasons:

1. He used him while he was here, although at the time we were only able to get kids that FSU did not want, as it was the same setup FSU used.

2. A high school assistant coach came clean with one of our coaches in regards to the recruitment of Sammy Watkins. They bag a family member and someone on the coaching staff typically. He also said he knew that CJ Spiller was "bagged" earlier. Our coach told me a little later that Mackensie Alexander was a done deal to clemson because high school coach told him not to waste his time, they already got to him. He said that the only other real player was Dan Mullen at Miss State who also is thought to have a "bagman" in Florida. He told me this around the day Alexander decomitted from UT, long before he picked CU. Clemson was not even considered a major player for him at that time, so I have a hard time thinking he just guessed right. Even if they were a big player, how would he know 100% he was headed to CU?

and #3. Why don't our or other coaches turn teams in? Two reasons. Number one, It is not like it is just one guy walking around with a brown bag of money...It is a network that has taken decades to set-up. Wonder why they kept Brad around after he proved he could not coach? Number two, you better be damn sure that you are clean if you do it. Plus, you piss off a ton of high school coaches who make good money "guiding" kids to certain schools. Sound a bit like AAU? In other words, you will probably never coach bigtime college football again if you are found to be a whistle blower.

It is no surprise that when Auburn and Bama finally quit spending so much time turning each other in they both won championships.

Clemson's network is better than ours (better than most actually) and it is a hybrid of FSU and Bama philosophies. I am pretty certain that our new staff dabbles in the game we speak of. They are just light years behind our competition currently.

Wow man, with all these "facts", shouldn't YOU turn Clemson in to the NCAA? I understand why Bama and Auburn stopped, but it's not like there's a NC in USC's immediate future. Why haven't you gone for it? Oh wait, I know... B/C you don't have any evidence!

Such nonsense.

I still remember growing up in the 80s and 90s these proud fans of ours would wear garner or black to games because they were afraid someone would say they were going to a Carolina game. It use to bug shit out of me all the blue, red, pink, yellow shorts in Williams Brice. Don't believe me go to YouTube. Didn't happen til Holtz but Clemson has been all Orange in that stadium all my life. They have a lot to offer on game day atmosphere. Small town too and they give a shit about winning and will fire a coach even if he's really really nice

Feel better? I guess we have different ideas about childish behavior. I think it's pretty childish for a person to sign up on a message board and pretend to be something they're not. It's silly for some to pretend to be Gamecock fans by using terms like "us" or "we" meanwhile they only respond to Clemson/Dabo threads to defend Dabo/Clemson. I have much more respect for the Clemson fans that are on here not trying to troll or disguise themselves as Carolina fans. I won't go to Taternet, but if I did I certainly wouldn't try to pretend to be a Tiger fan while trolling Clemson in every thread. That's childish.

Dude, you are going to get blistered on this one... There are a TON of fans on here that "know for a fact" that Clemson is cheating (despite a lack of evidence... or perhaps they simply don't WANT turn Clemson in?... Nah, it's lack of evidence), but probably think that Climate Change is total BS (despite overwhelming evidence).

The unfortunate fact of the matter is that people believe what they WANT to believe. Evidence for or against be damned. The prospect that Dabo Swinney has built an elite program that is making a bit for a THIRD playoff spot in the last 3 years is HORRIBLE to most serious USC fans. I remember when you guys won back to back NC's in baseball... I felt sick and disgusted (and I don't even give a crap about baseball). I can only imagine how it must feel to have the team you despise the most, simply leave you in the dust (especially after the recent domination in the rivalry games). in the highest profile sport of all.

So OF COURSE Clemson cheated, the refs were biased, it was only luck... USC fans will say and believe ANYTHING to make the above not real... And I don't blame them a bit for it. I do admit to REALLY enjoying threads like this b/c these grapes... they sour!!

Or maybe people believe Clemson is cheating because it's been proven to have cheated in the past and it's HC was part of a coaching staff fired for suspected cheating?

Clemson was actually 6-7 in 2010, and signed the 8th rated class per Rivals. Signing 4 5* players could raise eyebrows, but it's not like those players suddenly hopped on Clemson the week of signing day. Dabo and staff had been working them for 2 years, and Brad Scott's HS connections in FL were particularly valuable with Sammy Watkins and Mike Bellamy. Brad was personal friends with Watkins' mother prior to him even being on recruiting radars. You can't underestimate the payoffs from hard work on the recruiting trail. Sure, it's easy to say "bagman!", but without anything resembling proof, it's pretty hollow.

Clemson isn't squeaky clean. No P5 program is, besides maybe Duke and Vanderbilt. Clemson also isn't cheating anywhere near the extent that people like to dream they are. Nobody has offered a shred of proof about whatever sinister plot New Spring is involved in. Every bit of it is "Well, I heard from a guy I know..."

It's even easier to say "bagman" after Bellamy posted a picture with a pile of cash. He's probably not the best kid to bring up when you're trying to argue against cheating.

49108337.jpg

There is a multi millionaire that goes to that church..and he loves the taters..I’m not stating his name,but I live in anderson,I know this personally ..!!!
Well..............now we are getting closer to the infamous "bagman". Is there any noticeable difference in his personal conduct with the players on a regular basis? Is he the only rich man who cares?

There is a multi millionaire that goes to that church..and he loves the taters..I’m not stating his name,but I live in anderson,I know this personally ..!!!
If that's not proof of cheating, I don't know what is. A wealthy man who attends the same church as the Clemson coach and some Clemson players? Wrap this one up, boys. Clemson is going down.

If that's not proof of cheating, I don't know what is. A wealthy man who attends the same church as the Clemson coach and some Clemson players? Wrap this one up, boys. Clemson is going down.

Yep....this absolutely has to be the thing we have been searching for. I am feeling better about this already. The truth will finally come out and the crap will rise to the top for the commode lid for all to see in astonishment and shock. Take the women and children into the houses. The crap will hit the fan now.

And by the way, which program has been on probation twice in the last 15 years? I'll leave it there.

Such nonsense.

I remember Clemson in the 80s. They won a national championship. Didn't cheat then either. cough cough.
I watched a special one night around 15 years ago about cheating in college football back during the 80s. Guess who the featured team was throughout that special? It was 2 hours long, Clemsux was on for probably 1.5 hours. Classic. Focused on the two HS players being paid by "A Knoxville Business Man" (a tater grad funneling players to clemux for money among other things.

So like I said, hats off to dumbo for pulling it off........and working hard to keep it going (unlike someone we had).

6-7

Don't give 'em an extra win & take a loss away.

My bad, I was going off memory. I should have googled it. Thanks..........I like the way one poster taking up for the taters referenced Brad Scott's connection in Florida as the difference. You gotta laugh at that theory. He must have gained those connections after we fired him.

Feel better? I guess we have different ideas about childish behavior. I think it's pretty childish for a person to sign up on a message board and pretend to be something they're not. It's silly for some to pretend to be Gamecock fans by using terms like "us" or "we" meanwhile they only respond to Clemson/Dabo threads to defend Dabo/Clemson. I have much more respect for the Clemson fans that are on here not trying to troll or disguise themselves as Carolina fans. I won't go to Taternet, but if I did I certainly wouldn't try to pretend to be a Tiger fan while trolling Clemson in every thread. That's childish.

Do you think people really do that? Who has time for that? You are Clemsessed. Sadly I've seen some bad football all my life from being a Gamecock as Holtz would say. It's like a spouse accusing the other of cheating all of the time but its really the accuser insecure from his or her own infidelity

I guess you're the one parading around on the taters forum pretending to be one of them. Funny thing is I could care less what they talk about, I never ever go visit their forum. You are so insecure it's pathetic. Poor fella

I wondered what happened to TomEtheTiger

Last edited:
Gamecock fans like to overlook the fact that there was a Newspring Campus in Columbia way before there were plans for one in Clemson. They also like to ignore that there are a lot of Gamecock athletes attending that very Columbia Campus........ But then again, if they can't stand Newspring...... And Clemson........ Acknowledging that would put a damper on their attempt to assume such devilish ways between the two.

Gamecock fans like to overlook the fact that there was a Newspring Campus in Columbia way before there were plans for one in Clemson. They also like to ignore that there are a lot of Gamecock athletes attending that very Columbia Campus........ But then again, if they can't stand Newspring...... And Clemson........ Acknowledging that would put a damper on their attempt to assume such devilish ways between the two.

@Triton20x

I think the rumors started because of Perry Noble’s close ties to the Clemson football program and his unabashed hatred of South Carolina. Obviously I’m not saying this is proof of anything, I’m just saying this why people think that the cul... church would favor clemson over South Carolina

Last edited:
I posted a link that answers your questions about New Spring and Clemson.
Well, it's just another message board discussion where no one offers any clarity on the situation. You don't even see a direct accusation in that thread. Pastor was fired and he was a Clemson fan. Somehow that equates to recruits getting paid? Maybe there's something there, but what's been shared so far would hardly qualify as smoke, let alone fire.

Why complain, its totally legal. Clemson can give to any church they wish. It is legal, its a charity, a tax deduction. the NCAA has no jurisdiction what so ever. The NCAA cannot regulate who a church gives money to, the needy, the homeless, the downtrodden. The fact that they are 5 star and can run a 4.2 forty yard dash is inconsequential. Its just money laundering 101 that is taught and perfected at the University of Alabama. Everyone learns there. Dabo was a good student.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT