ADVERTISEMENT

Where is the Evidence??

All I’ll say is that a high school coach in the upstate of South Carolina told me this about 3-4 years ago. Really before they even started winning big. Obviouslyy not proof, obviously could be complete BS... but there’s been talk about it for awhile.

And just my personal opinion- Obviously there’s no evidence, but I don’t see how some of you think it’s so far fetched to think one cult-like, corrupt organization with a snake oil salesman leading it wouldn’t cheat with another cult-like, corrupt organization with a snake oil salesman leading it

All I’ll say is that a high school coach in the upstate of South Carolina told me this about 3-4 years ago. Really before they even started winning big. Obviouslyy not proof, obviously could be complete BS... but there’s been talk about it for awhile.

And just my personal opinion- Obviously there’s no evidence, but I don’t see how some of you think it’s so far fetched to think one cult-like, corrupt organization with a snake oil salesman leading it wouldn’t cheat with another cult-like, corrupt organization with a snake oil salesman leading it
At the least, Clemson is using religion as a recruiting tool (which is pathetic on its own) at the most they are illegally funneling money to recruits through the Church. Of course we need hard evidence of the latter.

Clemson isn't the only school that does or has done that of course (using religion as a recruiting tool). Love how Feeze was doing it at Mississippi. He was the lead Christian Snake Oil salesman.... before the prostitute thingy.

Still no substantial and hard evidence the church in Clemson is guilty with a "bagman". Virtually all of the statements here involve "hearsay". If it is so bad a Clempson, why is it being ignored by the NCAA? Could it be that the reasons stated above about everyone being involved and not one is without sin in this??
one reason could be that because churches have no taxes and it would be easy to cover up

I have been a Gamecock fan since I became a freshman in 1962. Wanted to get that out of the way. But, I have read comments on this site about the "bagman" at the church in Clemson. So, what proof and evidence is this based on? Not judging anyone with this but just wondering out loud.
I'm always skeptical about rumors coming from one's rival. Sure I want to believe it but nothing ever comes out of these suspicions. BTW, wasn't there a church connection on the Auburn-Cam Newton recruitment ?

Or maybe people believe Clemson is cheating because it's been proven to have cheated in the past and it's HC was part of a coaching staff fired for suspected cheating?

True... However, there's a certain program that has had NCAA penalties TWICE in the last decade or so. So uh... yeah there's that. Plus dude, check the dates on that cheating. Thirty years man.

But I totally get where you are coming from. Your rival just won a NC last year and that NC was only a couple of years removed from USC being “on top of the world”. Dominating Clemson for 5 years running on the field and having 3 11 win seasons. And how quickly that changed with Clemson on top of the football world and spoken in the same breath as Bama, while USC has fallen so far that it is just HOPING they can earn a trip back to Shreveport.

You can’t really make fun of Clemson’s players and staff b/c they are just flat out kicking ass… You can’t make fun of recruiting, b/c Clemson is recruiting at a really high level. So cheating is really all you have left… I mean it COULDN’T be that Clemson has just passed you by right? That could NEVER happen with Dabo at the controls right? It HAS to be cheating… it HAS to be.

We should open a Newspring church on the horseshoe . If we can get some of those wins by giving donations to the church maybe their is something to do with this God person everyone is talking about. Fair to say let's make sure it's Alabama, Clemson and the Patriots God??that's the one we want

Well, it's just another message board discussion where no one offers any clarity on the situation. You don't even see a direct accusation in that thread. Pastor was fired and he was a Clemson fan. Somehow that equates to recruits getting paid? Maybe there's something there, but what's been shared so far would hardly qualify as smoke, let alone fire.

I agree with you. I have seen nothing but hearsay to this point. The NCAA could be snooping around but we would not know about it until later.

True... However, there's a certain program that has had NCAA penalties TWICE in the last decade or so. So uh... yeah there's that. Plus dude, check the dates on that cheating. Thirty years man.

But I totally get where you are coming from. Your rival just won a NC last year and that NC was only a couple of years removed from USC being “on top of the world”. Dominating Clemson for 5 years running on the field and having 3 11 win seasons. And how quickly that changed with Clemson on top of the football world and spoken in the same breath as Bama, while USC has fallen so far that it is just HOPING they can earn a trip back to Shreveport.

You can’t really make fun of Clemson’s players and staff b/c they are just flat out kicking ass… You can’t make fun of recruiting, b/c Clemson is recruiting at a really high level. So cheating is really all you have left… I mean it COULDN’T be that Clemson has just passed you by right? That could NEVER happen with Dabo at the controls right? It HAS to be cheating… it HAS to be.

He is not wrong and makes sense

I'm always skeptical about rumors coming from one's rival. Sure I want to believe it but nothing ever comes out of these suspicions. BTW, wasn't there a church connection on the Auburn-Cam Newton recruitment ?

Yep. And it was Cammy's Dad...

Church Has Role in Newton Inquiry

NEWNAN, Ga. — As the N.C.A.A. investigates the recruitment of Auburn’s star quarterback, Cam Newton, a central figure in the unfolding story is his father, Cecil Newton Sr., and the church he runs not far from their home in Atlanta.

Just sayin.

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield

I appreciate the lecture with the condescending tone, tater. But I never said that I believe that Clemson is cheating. I said that maybe "people" believe they are because Clemson, and it's coach, both have in the past. Most of my angst against Clemson isn't necessarily aimed at the University, or the football team. It's mostly against kool-aid gulping, condescending, arrogant jerks in it's fan base. You guys gulp down the crap spewed from Dabo's lips and regurgitate it like it's the gospel, while ignoring Dabo's dishonest statements aimed at trying to cover up embarrassing blemishes against his, and his program's reputation. I bet you still believe OT Battle left to take part in the NFL's supplemental draft, right? Dabo is a PROVEN LIAR, so why is it so farfetched for some to believe that he is a cheater as well? After all, the two usually go hand in hand.

Last edited:
Do you think people really do that? Who has time for that? You are Clemsessed. Sadly I've seen some bad football all my life from being a Gamecock as Holtz would say. It's like a spouse accusing the other of cheating all of the time but its really the accuser insecure from his or her own infidelity

I guess you're the one parading around on the taters forum pretending to be one of them. Funny thing is I could care less what they talk about, I never ever go visit their forum. You are so insecure it's pathetic. Poor fella

I wondered what happened to TomEtheTiger

Uhhhhh.... You might want to consider opening your eyes around here. If you can't recognize that there are obvious Clemson trolls attempting to disguise themselves as Gamecock fans here, then you're either dull or blind.
You might want to re-read my statement... I said I WON'T got to taternet, as I have absolutely zero desire.

I appreciate the lecture with the condescending tone, tater. But I never said that I believe that Clemson is cheating. I said that maybe "people" believe they are because Clemson, and it's coach, both have in the past. Most of my angst against Clemson isn't necessarily aimed at the University, or the football team. It's mostly against kool-aid gulping, condescending, arrogant jerks in it's fan base. You guys gulp down the crap spewed from Dabo's lips and regurgitate it like it's the gospel, while ignoring Dabo's dishonest statements aimed at trying to cover up embarrassing blemishes against his, and his program's reputation. I bet you still believe OT Battle left to take part in the NFL's supplemental draft, right? Dabo is a PROVEN LIAR, so why is it so farfetched for some to believe that he is a cheater as well? After all, the two usually go hand in hand.
Curious about this statement. Dabo was part of Stallings' staff that got hit with NCAA violations. Does that mean Dabo himself cheated? Assistant coaches are almost invariably named in every NCAA infraction report if they're the ones committing the violations, and I've never heard of his name being on one. Did you ever look to see what that major violation was for Bama in 1993? Junior Antonio Langham signed with an agent the morning after Bama won the national championship. He then returned to play his senior year, when he technically should have been ineligible. Matter of fact, the NCAA publicly apologized for its mishandling of Langham case in November 1996. Dabo's name didn't appear anywhere in any NCAA report, to my knowledge (correct me if I'm wrong).

Your implication, when you claim Dabo was part of a cheating staff at Bama, is that he learned all of his dirty recruiting tricks under Stallings, but the problem is, Stallings never got caught for any recruiting violations (I'm sure he was playing the game like everybody else, of course). You're stretching the truth MIGHTY thin to get to "Dabo cheated before and he's probably doing it now."

Curious about this statement. Dabo was part of Stallings' staff that got hit with NCAA violations. Does that mean Dabo himself cheated? Assistant coaches are almost invariably named in every NCAA infraction report if they're the ones committing the violations, and I've never heard of his name being on one. Did you ever look to see what that major violation was for Bama in 1993? Junior Antonio Langham signed with an agent the morning after Bama won the national championship. He then returned to play his senior year, when he technically should have been ineligible. Matter of fact, the NCAA publicly apologized for its mishandling of Langham case in November 1996. Dabo's name didn't appear anywhere in any NCAA report, to my knowledge (correct me if I'm wrong).

Your implication, when you claim Dabo was part of a cheating staff at Bama, is that he learned all of his dirty recruiting tricks under Stallings, but the problem is, Stallings never got caught for any recruiting violations (I'm sure he was playing the game like everybody else, of course). You're stretching the truth MIGHTY thin to get to "Dabo cheated before and he's probably doing it now."

Sure, I'll Google it all for you when you could have done it for yourself.

Unfortunately for Alabama, the effects of the DuBose era would not dissipate so quickly
The NCAA would, shortly thereafter, begin investigating the recruitment of Albert Means, a star defensive lineman recruited out of Memphis, Tennessee. Alabama was hammered for the violations that occurred on his watch, which included a loss of 21 scholarships over three years, a two-year bowl ban, and five years of probation. He (Dabo Swinney) was fired with all of head coach Mike DuBose's staff in early 2001.

Reactions: fire ant
Sure, I'll Google it all for you when you could have done it for yourself.

Unfortunately for Alabama, the effects of the DuBose era would not dissipate so quickly
The NCAA would, shortly thereafter, begin investigating the recruitment of Albert Means, a star defensive lineman recruited out of Memphis, Tennessee. Alabama was hammered for the violations that occurred on his watch, which included a loss of 21 scholarships over three years, a two-year bowl ban, and five years of probation. He (Dabo Swinney) was fired with all of head coach Mike DuBose's staff in early 2001.
So, Mike DuBose was fired, along with his entire staff, and that means...wait for it...every single coach on that staff is guilty of cheating. Obviously. Because they were fired.

That is the lone mention of "Dabo Swinney"?

So, Mike DuBose was fired, along with his entire staff, and that means...wait for it...every single coach on that staff is guilty of cheating. Obviously. Because they were fired.

That is the lone mention of "Dabo Swinney"?

An entire staff getting fired for cheating doesn't raise a red flag?
He was part of a staff that was fired for cheating. You're right, i'm sure Saint Datboy was completely oblivious, as usual.
Normally it's the Assistants that do most of the cheating while the HC turns a blind eye. That's why the NCAA created the charge "failure to monitor".

An entire staff getting fired for cheating doesn't raise a red flag?
He was part of a staff that was fired for cheating. You're right, i'm sure Saint Datboy was completely oblivious, as usual.
Normally it's the Assistants that do most of the cheating while the HC turns a blind eye. That's why the NCAA created the charge "failure to monitor".
He wasn't fired for cheating. He was fired because his boss was fired and the new guy cleaned house, as new guys generally always do.

Too many fans are borderline conspiracy theorists when it comes to Carolina FB and the reasons it is historically average at best. I'm certain 13 of the 14 SEC schools are cheating like hell to let in double-digit IQ, borderline illiterate, criminal football players just fill out their rosters.
better man meaning, able to swing a towel rod like no other...lol

Glad you see the truth now.....yep, it has to be.

Pretty sure Butch Jones would turn in Saban if he heard any cheating was happening because Saban will likely be the nail in his coffin!
He won't get canned for losing to Saban. He'll get canned for losing to other than Saban. Saban is nearing the end anyway.

You guys should go on YouTube & watch some of Dabo’s press conferences. Perhaps then you’ll have a better understanding as to why the Clemson football program is where it is now. It’s been a process. While Carolina football was content with beating Clemson 5 years in a row, Dabo saw the big picture. He was working on building a powerhouse. Dabo & his staff don’t just recruit players based on their athletic ability. He recruits players that fit the culture that he has established. He also doesn’t expect one or two 5stars to be the saving grace of the team. Player development is key. Think about gamecock football...how many players leave the university as not only a better football player but also a better man ? At Clemson, Best is the standard. What’s the standard for your program ?

At Clemson, Money is the standard. One hundred and how many major infractions last time? Shall I dig up the pictures of your players holding piles and piles of cash? Perhaps you'd like me to congratulate Clemson on being the worlds tallest midget? The ACC is crap. Always has been crap. You guys actually thought J.C. Spillman was worthy of the Heisman. He wasn't even invited to NY. And he's been a complete bust in the NFL....as predicted by me when he came out. He's soft, the ACC is soft, and Momma's boy gets cops fired who pull him over.

Yeah, Clemron is squeaky clean. Go away.

Just explain how their QB, who grew up in a habitat for humanity house, can afford gold chains, gold watches, cell phones, and a book bag that cost almost $1000 while in college.

I thought college athletes needed to get paid because they could even afford to go to Burger King at night to get a meal.

CIDUkwLWoAAyEba.jpg

So I guess when we won 11 games three years in a row , signed the #1 recruit in the country , and beat our rival ,who has owned us , five years in a row ... we must have been cheating . Why would a player like Clowney go to USC and not Bama or UF?? How is this program that has been hot garbage for 100 years winning 11 games ?? It's just stupid . Bama fans said the same thing about Auburn when Tommy Tuberville beat them 6 years in a row before Saban . Clemson was recruiting at a very high level before Dabo , Tommy B was just a terrible coach . Rather than pull excuses out of the air , acknowledged that right now they are way better than us and we need to get better . . I've said this many times before ... if we go 7-6 every year our stadium is still packed . If Bama goes 7-6 the stadium is half empty and the coach is looking for work . They don't settle for mediocrity there . Until we start holding coaches and Administrators accountable for losing , nothing will change .

Other than Garcia, almost every star player we signed was from SC. We didn't pull 4 and 5 star recruits from out of state.

You guys should go on YouTube & watch some of Dabo’s press conferences. Perhaps then you’ll have a better understanding as to why the Clemson football program is where it is now. It’s been a process. While Carolina football was content with beating Clemson 5 years in a row, Dabo saw the big picture. He was working on building a powerhouse. Dabo & his staff don’t just recruit players based on their athletic ability. He recruits players that fit the culture that he has established. He also doesn’t expect one or two 5stars to be the saving grace of the team. Player development is key. Think about gamecock football...how many players leave the university as not only a better football player but also a better man ? At Clemson, Best is the standard. What’s the standard for your program ?
Deandre mcbeater, a better man? How bout chad Kelly? Mike bellamy? The cocaine kicker? Sammy potkins? What about the receiver that smeared poop all over the walls?

Reflections of the FOS POS head coach, who grand stands for speeding tickets while his equally POS inbred brother threatens the cop.

Btw how well did Tajh, kyle parker, James davis, Willie korn do after dabo licked all the red off their collective lollipops by lying to them about their draft stock by staying at clempson?

Seriously GFYS with the wrong end of a garden rake with your holier than thou BS.

Deandre mcbeater, a better man? How bout chad Kelly? Mike bellamy? The cocaine kicker? Sammy potkins? What about the receiver that smeared poop all over the walls?

Reflections of the FOS POS head coach, who grand stands for speeding tickets while his equally POS inbred brother threatens the cop.

Btw how well did Tajh, kyle parker, James davis, Willie korn do after dabo licked all the red off their collective lollipops by lying to them about their draft stock by staying at clempson?

Seriously GFYS with the wrong end of a garden rake with your holier than thou BS.

A series of posters start throwing out the facts and the Clemronites vanish. Funny how that works.

How much dumb can you fit in a single post?

Chad Kelly, Mike Bellamy, and Ammon Lakip were kicked out of the program (after being given chances to redeem themselves, and not doing so). I'm sure if Dabo could do it over, he wouldn't have recruited them in the first place, but hey, that thing about hindsight. Deandre McDaniel's incident happened under Tommy Bowden--do you think Bowden's wide receivers coach should have booted McDaniel off the team? Do you think McDaniel deserves to be punished for whatever happened that night (no charges filed by police or the girlfriend) for the rest of his life? And before you say "Clemson police don't file charges!", think about Sammy Watkins for a moment. He was charged with every thing he did wrong that night. What happened to him? He was suspended for the first two games of 2012, including the game against Auburn. Auburn had 2 players charged with the exact same thing in the 2016 offseason, and guess what? They both played against Clemson. Clemson and Bama both had players fail drug tests before the national championship game in 2016. Guess which of Dabo and Saban suspended his player, and which one let multiple players who failed play in the game?

Go ahead. We'll wait.

Let's talk about guys in the draft. Are you arguing that Tajh Boyd was talented enough to make in the NFL, if he had only left....after his junior year? That's a special level of dumb. Boyd was a good college QB, but never had it between the ears to play at the next level. At least he got to enjoy his senior year. You think James Davis and Kyle Parker have what it takes to be pros, if only they hadn't listened to whatever Dabo told them to do or not do?

Dabo isn't perfect. Far from it. Neither is Clemson. But he's more of a disciplinarian than almost every coach in the SEC. I guess we'll find out how Muschamp compares to him soon enough.

Reactions: FJRTiger
He wasn't fired for cheating. He was fired because his boss was fired and the new guy cleaned house, as new guys generally always do.
Without getting into to the cheating discussion (though interesting for sure), a new AD will generally fire the HC (if not producing)...not the entire staff. It is usually left up to the new hire to determine which, if any, on the staff he wants to retain. So to fire the whole staff indicates is was something more than a simple administrative change.

This is a sad thread and it has gotten progressively worse as the comments continue. They are good, real good but we will get better and be back real soon as well.

How much dumb can you fit in a single post?

Chad Kelly, Mike Bellamy, and Ammon Lakip were kicked out of the program (after being given chances to redeem themselves, and not doing so). I'm sure if Dabo could do it over, he wouldn't have recruited them in the first place, but hey, that thing about hindsight. Deandre McDaniel's incident happened under Tommy Bowden--do you think Bowden's wide receivers coach should have booted McDaniel off the team? Do you think McDaniel deserves to be punished for whatever happened that night (no charges filed by police or the girlfriend) for the rest of his life? And before you say "Clemson police don't file charges!", think about Sammy Watkins for a moment. He was charged with every thing he did wrong that night. What happened to him? He was suspended for the first two games of 2012, including the game against Auburn. Auburn had 2 players charged with the exact same thing in the 2016 offseason, and guess what? They both played against Clemson. Clemson and Bama both had players fail drug tests before the national championship game in 2016. Guess which of Dabo and Saban suspended his player, and which one let multiple players who failed play in the game?

Go ahead. We'll wait.

Let's talk about guys in the draft. Are you arguing that Tajh Boyd was talented enough to make in the NFL, if he had only left....after his junior year? That's a special level of dumb. Boyd was a good college QB, but never had it between the ears to play at the next level. At least he got to enjoy his senior year. You think James Davis and Kyle Parker have what it takes to be pros, if only they hadn't listened to whatever Dabo told them to do or not do?

Dabo isn't perfect. Far from it. Neither is Clemson. But he's more of a disciplinarian than almost every coach in the SEC. I guess we'll find out how Muschamp compares to him soon enough.
Disciplinarian.... Ahahahahahahahahahaha

Whatever.

Btw mcbeater played in the bowl against Nebraska, who was the coach then?

Just saying he beat up a girl. Good ole clempson morals there.

Guess the new spring holy water cant redeem all tonight?

Go run em through another trough of water it will be all good.

I stand by everything I said.

Datboi is the ultimate pos user. Bryant had no business out there.

Well I am so glad we don't partake in Clemsoning. Go take s few days and make an excuse why you got your asses handed to you by Syracuse. Really. Really. Hell yes really

Reactions: IBleedUSC
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT