ADVERTISEMENT

Whitlow Transfers (Updated with link)

Given the plea Muschamp made after the Clemson game for any pass rushers to come to USC if they wanted to play coupled with Whitlow's playing time this season, I think it's fairly obvious that whether it was talent, work ethic, attitude, or something else that something was lacking here.

Most of us probably did, but there is a huge difference is doing it at the High school level vs. doing it at the SEC level. If a player isn't in the weight room getting bigger, stronger, and faster then they won't be able to turn it on come gameday because they're at too much of a disadvantage.
I played football at Furman University {86-89} now I know the southern conference isn't the SEC! But It's still a step up from the high school level. I played with guys that worked their tails off in practice, and they just couldn't get it done collegiately; and then you had those guys that slacked {in practice} every week, and when they got there chance on gameday they produced "big time, and you look around and say where did that come from. I'm not knocking Will Muschamp: He has to stick with his principles, for the well being of the program. I just agree that better players, sometimes sit the bench because they are horrible at practice!

Reactions: gamecockwrestler
I played football at Furman University {86-89} now I know the southern conference isn't the SEC! But It's still a step up from the high school level. I played with guys that worked their tails off in practice, and they just couldn't get it done collegiately; and then you had those guys that slacked {in practice} every week, and when they got there chance on gameday they produced "big time, and you look around and say where did that come from. I'm not knocking Will Muschamp: He has to stick with his principles, for the well being of the program. I just agree that better players, sometimes sit the bench because they are horrible at practice!

Man, that's awesome! What position did you play? I'm sure many of us wish we could of had that kind of experience. Congrats! I'm being totally serious by the way. I hope it doesn't come off as sarcastic. I loved every Second of high school football and I wish it could have gone on forever.

I don't totally disagree, but in Boosie's case I would tend to believe it's more his lack of off season work rather than practice performance. Spring practice is still almost 3 weeks away, so maybe the kid didn't put it the kind of work needed during his redshirt season.
It sort of stings, whatever the reason because many of us thought he had potential to contribute this season.

Not really.
I'm not into knocking a kid over ability. For that matter, I'm not into knocking them over effort. No cause for that. Ability and effort is a coach thing, either in the sense of recruiting someone who doesn't fit or failing to reach him.

Ike Harris would be "injured" all week. On Saturdays he would "recover" enough to play. lol

I agree with Coach Boom. and vehemently disagree with you...You have to start and play the most talented players who work hard and commit 100% to the program..Doing otherwise created rifts and clics in the program...Had Spurrier held Clowney to a high standard from the beginning he would have adapted and been better off for it...Yet after 3 yrs of letting JD do as he pleased SOS compared his work ethic unfavorably to the other great players in the program prior to the draft.(cheap shot)..One primary job of a HBC is to instill a great work ethic through out the program...Can't be done if you tolerate gifted slackers...Recruit only gifted players and root out the slackers
It's all about leadership, the young players will follow the example of the older players. It's why coaches in the NFL will have veteran players shadow rookies to make sure they don't lose their minds after coming into a ton of money

Man, that's awesome! What position did you play? I'm sure many of us wish we could of had that kind of experience. Congrats! I'm being totally serious by the way. I hope it doesn't come off as sarcastic. I loved every Second of high school football and I wish it could have gone on forever.

I don't totally disagree, but in Boosie's case I would tend to believe it's more his lack of off season work rather than practice performance. Spring practice is still almost 3 weeks away, so maybe the kid didn't put it the kind of work needed during his redshirt season.
It sort of stings, whatever the reason because many of us thought he had potential to contribute this season.
I played the weak side cornerback position, for most of my career, and occasionally I played free safety! I think you're right about "Whitlow's, work ethic. It seems he doesn't want to put in-the off season 'conditioning; which is an essential part of player development!

Reactions: BigTomE
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT