ADVERTISEMENT

Who, if anyone, will Beamer retain?

I don't want Foster at all. He is highly unappealing. He is the epitome of a has-been.

I know some people love the idea of an "air-raid" offense, but that often discourages truly big-time RBs to dismiss the idea of going to a school. Those types of guys need to know they're going to be one of the true focal points on offense.

At the same time, I don't want a system that is simply ground and pound. That keeps top-flight QBs and WRs from wanting to come in.

Basically, I fell like we need someone who is going to have a truly balanced system but is smart enough to know when to use more run or pass depending on the tone of the game.

It always bothered me that we blew, I think, three games with double-digit leads in the 4th quarter in Spurrier's penultimate season. I'm not completely sure, but I know there was at least one if not two games in which Spurrier inexplicably started passing even though the run was almost unstoppable.
I totally agree that we need a BALANCED offense. Regarding Foster, I understand and am sympathetic with your point of view for someone younger. But I really don't consider him "washed up" from a productivity standpoint. He'd be a good hire, in my opinion.

I’m good with this list. If I were to make one change it would be to 86 Cox. I feel like a stud WR coach would have gotten some production out of the young WRs we have not named Shi. We had NO ONE step up.
This is probably going to come across as a joke, but I'm actually serious. What about Spurrier Jr. as WR coach? He actually did a really good job with receivers here.

It's likely too much of an ask since it seems as though he and his family put their Carolina gear up for sale as soon as it was acceptable.

This is probably going to come across as a joke, but I'm actually serious. What about Spurrier Jr. as WR coach? He actually did a really good job with receivers here.

It's likely too much of an ask since it seems as though he and his family put their Carolina gear up for sale as soon as it was acceptable.
It’s come up before on here; as long as no one has the harebrained idea to make him recruiting coordinator, it could work. We had good receivers who could make plays when he was WR receivers coach here.

IMO If we keep anybody besides Bentley and Shaw, then the hiring of Beamer was pointless.
As we've learned in the past, we could do a lot worse at OL than Wolford. I say let Bobo Go Go. I have only been somewhat impressed by his play calling because it was so sorry before he came.

My opinion on Bobby is I hope they keep him around in some capacity. As a Byrnes guy who attended and played there long ago as well as my children more recently I saw Bobby build an offensive dynasty. The one thing that was trouble for him was he seemed to get impatient and force the passing when they were locked in a close tough game with a Gaffney or Dorman. He would also blow those two teams out on occasion but when it was real close he didn’t seem to keep pounding the rock if it was tough going.

Reactions: Brace1
I’m good with this list. If I were to make one change it would be to 86 Cox. I feel like a stud WR coach would have gotten some production out of the young WRs we have not named Shi. We had NO ONE step up.
Possibly. Or maybe we just don't have any WRs on the team worth a hoot other than Shi Smith. I imagine whoever he hires as OC will want his own WR coach. It it turns out he retains Bobo then I think Bobo wants Cox to stay.

I think at least half of the staff will stay. Including Bobo and maybe TRob. If he let TRob go and hired Derek Mason as DC I'd feel a whole lot better.

Retain:
Bobo
Shaw
Cox
Bentley
Kitchings

Not retained:
Wolford
TRob
Rocker
Krantz
Peterson
Wilson
The change might take awhile to effect. I do not expect more than three or four of the current coaches to be here when the 2021 season kicks off. That might be a generous estimate. That probably is a generous estimate.

What is being reported so far about staff:

TRob is out - already cleaned out his office and is gone.
Rod Wilson (LB coach) is in (coached at CSU)
DC - Jay Bateman (UNC) or Chad Staggs (CCU)
OC - Garrett Riley

Reactions: CoachT13 and 92Pony
What is being reported so far about staff:

TRob is out - already cleaned out his office and is gone.
Rod Wilson (LB coach) is in (coached at CSU)
DC - Jay Bateman (UNC) or Chad Staggs (CCU)
OC - Garrett Riley
Wow. Are these official or just what people who are supposedly in the know think are going to happen?

Wow. Are these official or just what people who are supposedly in the know think are going to happen?
Not official. It is being reported. Here's a link.

Reactions: kotr
Seems like the offensive and defensive coordinators should be hired first before announcing who’s staying. I’d imagine they’ll have an opinion on the matter

Reactions: OldWiseCock
I must be missing something but Kentucky just beat our brains out. Fire every last person who had anything to do with creating this dumpster fire including the water boy. And please don’t go look to hire anyone who has any ties to SC football we have NEVER won anything of consequence and you don’t suck for over 100 years by accident. Whatever advice Beamer gets from our Administration he needs to do the complete opposite, pull a George Costanza.

Reactions: trekcock
artworks-000057631408-e6mb93-t500x500.jpg

Cycling in, baby!

Wasn't his first big coaching job at CU where he said some negative things about SC. I remember some controversy with him even though he played here.
The only thing I remember was when he wanted to join Spurrier's staff.....Spurrier said something akin to "Rumph who?"

Don't remember his saying anything bad about us, but could be wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT