ADVERTISEMENT

Who is more important to our program the next few years?

You asked,
"Who is more important to our program the next few years?"

My Opinion: Dawn Staley as far as winning multi National Championships!

SmokinSmile:cool::p:D;)
In all honesty you’re right. If we lost Dawn it would not only kill WBB, it would be a huge blow to the fans. Everyone on our football staff is replaceable, Dawn isn’t.

The job Kimrey is mentioned for is an on field coaching position. Those are not covered by the rule you quoted. Only strength and conditioning and OFF field staff positions are covered. The thought is that teams are limited to on field coaches and would not waste a position for an athlete.

Reactions: GeoCocky
Kimery could not be hired in any position, no matter the sport. Get Chris or another expert to verify. I was wrong and got blasted for saying we would win 4 of the next 5 WBB NCs. Was told we could not beat UConn. Oregon would be much tougher.
Read your link. It even lists the exception switching from a countable coaching position to a non countable. 11.4.3.2 Exception -- Reassignment. An institution may reassign an individual associated with a prospective student-athlete from a countable coaching staff position to a noncoaching staff position or strength and conditioning staff position, provided the individual has been a countable coach at the institution for at least the previous two academic years.

Read your link. It even lists the exception switching from a countable coaching position to a non countable. 11.4.3.2 Exception -- Reassignment. An institution may reassign an individual associated with a prospective student-athlete from a countable coaching staff position to a noncoaching staff position or strength and conditioning staff position, provided the individual has been a countable coach at the institution for at least the previous two academic years.
no problem, you go with that.

no problem, you go with that.
I will. It was your link. This is an article discussing that. "The IAWP rule proposal does not prohibit hiring high school coaches for an on-field assistant coaching position — which was the path of Morris and Malzahn — or limit recruiting from the coach’s former high school in that instance."
https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/100348806

Last edited:
As long as it’s an on field position he can be hired.

He can’t be hired for a S/C or QC position.

Who is more important to our program the next few years? Kimery on staff and send the Hammond signees packing? You make the choice.
”In football, during a two-year period before a prospective student-athlete's anticipated enrollment and a two-year period after the prospective student-athlete's actual enrollment, an institution shall not employ (or enter into a contract for future employment with) an individual associated with the prospective student-athlete in any athletics department staff position or in a strength and conditioning staff position.”

NCAA Bylaw 11.4 (https://web3.ncaa.org/lsdbi/search/proposalView?id=100331)

Why did you alter the wording?

an individual associated with the prospective student-athlete in any athletics department noncoaching staff position or in a strength and conditioning staff position.

Reactions: GeoCocky
you r right.

In my mind, it is the head football coach, however that is. All other sports are something to do during the off season.

I think Staley is smart enough and fully capable of deciding what she wants to do in future years and capable of doing that. She is a great basketball coach that we should be proud and happy to have at Carolina. How do all the AD suggesters know that she should be the AD or that she would want the job or that she would be a good fit in it?

Staley for A.D.
giphy.gif

We did this already. The sentiment is just wrong.

What happened here??? Somebody deleted posts? I seriously thought two different discussion got mashed together. It is like a women’s basketball thread and football thread got in a wreck..

What happened here??? Somebody deleted posts? I seriously thought two different discussion got mashed together. It is like a women’s basketball thread and football thread got in a wreck..
Yep. Originally it was a thread saying who was more important. Kimrey or the recruits from Hammond since you could not have both.
"Who is more important to our program the next few years? Kimery on staff and send the Hammond signees packing? You make the choice. ”In football, during a two-year period before a prospective student-athlete's anticipated enrollment and a two-year period after the prospective student-athlete's actual enrollment, an institution shall not employ (or enter into a contract for future employment with) an individual associated with the prospective student-athlete in any athletics department staff position or in a strength and conditioning staff position.”
He was wrong about that though. You can have both if you hired Kimrey in an on the field position. After he was convinced he deleted/changed his posts.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT