ADVERTISEMENT

Whoever is in charge of Clemson football

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a pretty lousy conference for football this year for sure - even some of the perennially competitive schools are just downright terrible. But it's not as though you guys could win it this year. So I guess my point is ... What's your point??
They're "wannabes that will never be". Too many of the schools are basketball oriented. Or something!

I agree they are better than us. Much better. I still don't see them running the table in the playoffs though, assuming they get there. There's some really good teams out there that would woodshed this Clemson team if the got their hands on them.

yep, their skill players make the miami defense look like they're standing still out there.

"woodshed Clemson" are u kidding me. They are definitely playing this year like one of top 4 teams. Nobody will beat them this regular season and conference championship.

Few in the country could beat them... As soon as people take off the garnet glasses and admit this the sooner the better.

Alabama is the only team I can see that could beat them , maybe

I hate that the tigers are this good... but this is a fact

guess who else plays their corners way off like that? You better wake up Hoke!

What irks me is that although they have a makeshift OL with a bunch of freshmen and scrubs, Caldwell has them playing much better than ours.....MUCH better. And has for the past two years when we were supposed to have a good to great OL. Whomever accepts our HC position needs to find what it will take to get Caldwell....as well as Lawing.

Reactions: kick#
clemmy would be 4-2 with an SEC schedule.

So what do you think their final record would be in the SEC and who would beat them? I don't really see anyone but Bama that would have a great shot cause they are the most complete team in the SEC. LSU strength plays into Clemson being they can't pass the ball. The best RB in the nation will get his but Clemson would slow them down by stacking the box and be able to score more then them. Besides those I don't see it

"woodshed Clemson" are u kidding me. They are definitely playing this year like one of top 4 teams. Nobody will beat them this regular season and conference championship.

Few in the country could beat them... As soon as people take off the garnet glasses and admit this the sooner the better.

Alabama is the only team I can see that could beat them , maybe

I hate that the tigers are this good... but this is a fact
Notre Dame took them to the wire. We can sit here and speculate why all day but they did. You don't think Baylor, Stanford, Michigan State, TCU and Utah would give them a game? I'm not saying Clemson will face a test the rest of the regular season or the ACCCG but you can bet your bottom dollar they better buckle it up tight if they make the playoffs. If you think they'd dominate those teams I mentioned you're crazy.

clemmy would be 4-2 with an SEC schedule.
... And I would have chiseled abs if I gave up drinking. There is not an asterisk after the season that says *would be 2 loss team in SEC. The only way they slow down is if they go on probation. The NCAA has been hands off recently. I guess everyone is crooked.

Reactions: cockynSC66
Notre Dame took them to the wire. We can sit here and speculate why all day but they did. You don't think Baylor, Stanford, Michigan State, TCU and Utah would give them a game? I'm not saying Clemson will face a test the rest of the regular season or the ACCCG but you can bet your bottom dollar they better buckle it up tight if they make the playoffs. If you think they'd dominate those teams I mentioned you're crazy.

He said no one would take them to the woodshed. Their are a lot of teams that would give Clemson a good game and teams that can beat them, but Clemson is good enough to be able to give every top team a game as well. I don't think any of those teams would take them to the woodshed. They could beat them but not kill them is the point. It would be a good game.

Yes, they would beat all those teams on a neutral field...the only possible close game would be Stanford

You need to reread my post carefully before you respond. Your response did not address anything in my post as the previous poster mentioned

I don't think there is any doubt that there are many teams that would give Clemson a good game and maybe beat them. But you said several teams would "woodshed" them. I think that is where people have a disagreement with you. You are insinuating that there are teams that would crush Clemson. I think any objective fan would acknowledge that Clemson is one of the best teams in the country and would compete with anyone. I'm not even saying they would win but they would compete. Obviously, I HOPE they win them all but I'm not obnoxious enough to say it will happen. I gave Carolina credit during your 11 win seasons. It's weird that so many Carolina fans refuse to acknowledge that Clemson is good right now. Good luck with your coaching search. I think it helps both programs when we are both powerhouses.

Reactions: jackrabbit slim
You need to reread my post carefully before you respond. Your response did not address anything in my post as the previous poster mentioned
I addressed everything in your post except "wood shedding Clemson" and I believe Baylor would. Clemson has shown a tendency to let their foot off the gas when they go up by a certain amount and they never can get back in the grove. You wouldn't do that against Baylor because you'd need to score on every possession to keep up and I don't see them doing that.

I don't think there is any doubt that there are many teams that would give Clemson a good game and maybe beat them. But you said several teams would "woodshed" them. I think that is where people have a disagreement with you. You are insinuating that there are teams that would crush Clemson. I think any objective fan would acknowledge that Clemson is one of the best teams in the country and would compete with anyone. I'm not even saying they would win but they would compete. Obviously, I HOPE they win them all but I'm not obnoxious enough to say it will happen. I gave Carolina credit during your 11 win seasons. It's weird that so many Carolina fans refuse to acknowledge that Clemson is good right now. Good luck with your coaching search. I think it helps both programs when we are both powerhouses.
I'm not saying Clemson isn't any good, I'm saying the one true test they've had against ND they failed to put them away. Dabo has shown that he won't blow teams out when he had the chance and I think they will regret not doing that in the playoffs. I honestly feel that if Clemson played all 4 quarters like they do the first half then yeah they'd be the best team but they've shown that they dial it way back in the second half and I'm telling you right now if you did that against a team like Baylor they'd make you pay dearly for it.

Reactions: gamecockblack
I agree they are better than us. Much better. I still don't see them running the table in the playoffs though, assuming they get there. There's some really good teams out there that would woodshed this Clemson team if the got their hands on them.

They would? Like WHO?? Bama. Um....

I'm not saying Clemson isn't any good, I'm saying the one true test they've had against ND they failed to put them away. Dabo has shown that he won't blow teams out when he had the chance and I think they will regret not doing that in the playoffs. I honestly feel that if Clemson played all 4 quarters like they do the first half then yeah they'd be the best team but they've shown that they dial it way back in the second half and I'm telling you right now if you did that against a team like Baylor they'd make you pay dearly for it.

Well, we'll see, if Baylor holds up their end they will get a chance to play Clemson in the final Four

Well, we'll see, if Baylor holds up their end they will get a chance to play Clemson in the final Four
Baylor will also play a top 5 team don't forget. Clemson is good but they'll have the second weakest schedule, maybe weaker than Ohio State when all is said and done. They'll be about even schedules I suspect.

Reactions: Cock_Donor
What irks me is that although they have a makeshift OL with a bunch of freshmen and scrubs, Caldwell has them playing much better than ours.....MUCH better. And has for the past two years when we were supposed to have a good to great OL. Whomever accepts our HC position needs to find what it will take to get Caldwell....as well as Lawing.

Take away Watson and I bet they don't look nearly the same. Watson is the total package.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT