ADVERTISEMENT

why do people think Fedora would leave UNC?

Pay is ok, not elite, team might have more sanctions coming, not great fan support and the list goes on. Many openings out there.

Coaches want to win National Titles. You can't win a National Title if your program is banned from post-season play.

One reason to leave is timing. When a coach is perceived as the "hot" coach, he has to strike while the iron is hot. If Fedora is looking to move up, either in salary or P5 conferences, then now is a good time for him. If he's content with the ACC and his salary, possible sanctions, then just stay put.

Not a fan of Fedora at all. 8-4, 7-6, 6-7, 11-1 is his record as a head coach at UNC, and his success for this season is because of his team being filled with juniors and seniors. Tanner would make a massive mistake hiring him and now that Richt is fired, of course, they're idiots out there saying we should go after him. Yes, let's hire a coach that couldn't win at GEORGIA, a team chock full of 4 & 5* talent. Man, we really did pick a screwed up time to go shopping for a HC.

Reactions: bmhood1984
Not a fan of Fedora at all. 8-4, 7-6, 6-7, 11-1 is his record as a head coach at UNC, and his success for this season is because of his team being filled with juniors and seniors. Tanner would make a massive mistake hiring him and now that Richt is fired, of course, they're idiots out there saying we should go after him. Yes, let's hire a coach that couldn't win at GEORGIA, a team chock full of 4 & 5* talent. Man, we really did pick a screwed up time to go shopping for a HC.
That's 32-18 - much better than Fuente's record at Memphis. But a lot of people here and elsewhere were salivating over him, and indeed he landed a very good job.

That's 32-18 - much better than Fuente's record at Memphis. But a lot of people here and elsewhere were salivating over him, and indeed he landed a very good job.

Wasn't a fan of Fuente either. Smart or Herman for me. If we miss on both of them, then we better get on our knees for Chip Kelly.

Football was not not even mentioned in the notice of allegations. They've served there probation and out of the woods.

Fedora knows now what Bear Bryant found out when he was at Kentucky. UNC is a basketball-first school and always will be.

Football was not not even mentioned in the notice of allegations. They've served there probation and out of the woods.

You should probably read the NOA again. And the punishment they served was from a separate incident.

"The AFRI/AFAM department created anomalous courses that went unchecked for 18 years. This allowed individuals within ASPSA to use these courses through special arrangements to maintain the eligibility of academically at-risk student-athletes, particularly in the sports of football, men's basketball and women's basketball.

http://www.cbssports.com/images/UNC-NCAA-NOA.pdf

Perhaps Fedora knows the hammer is being dropped. Even the thought of it could make him bolt. He had nothing to do with that bs. Also....we play in a bigger stadium, with more fans, in the best football conference in the land. The East is somewhat up for grabs, and we are not nearly as bad off talent wise as some would have you believe.

What do you mean Richt couldn't win at Georgia? Is your only measurement stick National Championships? In 125 years of college football Georgia has won 2 Natty's. In the modern era (post 1950) they have won as many as Clemson - - 1. So because Mark Richt couldn't add a second one he is a loser? He had a higher winning percentage than Vince Dooley and won six division titles and 2 SEC titles. I'm no idiot and I would take Mark Richt in a New York minute as our coach. We would win and the program would be run with integrity. Do you want to win at any cost? If you do then there is a team in the upstate that would be glad to have you are a fan.

UGA has its pick of top rated football talent. There is much more than in the state of Alabama. How many championships have they won in the last 30 years..? Cmon
The Dawgs have woefully underachieved.

Reactions: bmhood1984
UGA has its pick of top rated football talent. There is much more than in the state of Alabama. How many championships have they won in the last 30 years..? Cmo
The Dawgs have woefully underachieved.

I am a Carolina graduate and have suffered through some 59 years (I was 6 at my first game) of mediocrity on the football field. I would kill to have underperformed like Ga. did during the Richt era.

NC is a Bssketball School and he actually said he is tired of answering questions about the scandels that took place "before I got here"

I read somewhere that 4 years is his stay. SE would not be always wanting a better job. How if he could get S Beamer and E Johnson on staff plus maybe some others from UGA and VT. SE had no chance to mold a staff to his liking. Wonder what former assistances here would think of being on his staff.

I read somewhere that 4 years is his stay. SE would not be always wanting a better job. How if he could get S Beamer and E Johnson on staff plus maybe some others from UGA and VT. SE had no chance to mold a staff to his liking. Wonder what former assistances here would think of being on his staff.
Very far-fetched - all of it.

Wasn't a fan of Fuente either. Smart or Herman for me. If we miss on both of them, then we better get on our knees for Chip Kelly.

Fedora would make a lot more sense than hiring Kirby Smart. Fedora is a proven winner as a head coach. Smart has never been a head coach.

Fedora would be an idiot to leave UNC for USC. Can recruit well there. Cream puff schedule most years, like this one. But Fedora can be an idiot. Example is the USC game when we had no answer stopping Hood from running the football, and for some reason he decides to go Air Fedora in the red zone. So he can be decent at UNC and look like world beaters with that schedule. Not the case here.

Well...You can also make the case that he has lost one game and is 14.

Fedora would be an idiot to leave UNC for USC. Can recruit well there. Cream puff schedule most years, like this one. But Fedora can be an idiot. Example is the USC game when we had no answer stopping Hood from running the football, and for some reason he decides to go Air Fedora in the red zone. So he can be decent at UNC and look like world beaters with that schedule. Not the case here.
All he has to do is take care of his SEC-West games. The East ain't no tougher than what he's used to seeing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT