ADVERTISEMENT

Why do some REALLY want muschamp gone this year?

Reviewed..... number 19,16,16 classes for a guy who didn't recruit hard by most on here. vs A guy who "recruits his ass off" 26, 16,18. Hell Holtz was recruiting MUCH better classes than Muschamp. But let's not let facts get in the way of they Muschamp is the best recruiter we have ever had false narrative.

Dude your wasting your time . Solid facts and statistics are way above this crowds head . Spurrier never had a class outside of the top 25 but he’s a horrible recruiter?? Spurrier destroyed this program but this program was only remotely relevant and competitive when he was here. Will Muschamp is a great coach but he’s barely above .500 after 7 years even after he inherited a national powerhouse at UF . All these facts are gonna confuse people.

Dude your wasting your time . Solid facts and statistics are way above this crowds head . Spurrier never had a class outside of the top 25 but he’s a horrible recruiter?? Spurrier destroyed this program but this program was only remotely relevant and competitive when he was here. Will Muschamp is a great coach but he’s barely above .500 after 7 years even after he inherited a national powerhouse at UF . All these facts are gonna confuse people.

I don't get it. Maybe it's a defensive mechanism for some fans to stay optmistic about the future with Mushcamp, so they make up shit?

I do think we should give Muschamps another 2 years.

I don't get it. Maybe it's a defensive mechanism for some fans to stay optmistic about the future with Mushcamp, so they make up shit?

I do think we should give Muschamps another 2 years.

Here’s what it is .. old school diehard fans are perfectly happy with 6-6 and 7-5 because that’s what they view as a good season . The new school saw decent success with Lou and SOS and expect to be able to hang with the big boys every year . I think he’s gonna get 2 more years regardless . Eventually the excuse Mobile is gonna run out of gas however . I just don’t think we will ever be a successful program until we start demanding better than 7-5 , but most of us won’t . Ha ha

Here’s what it is .. old school diehard fans are perfectly happy with 6-6 and 7-5 because that’s what they view as a good season . The new school saw decent success with Lou and SOS and expect to be able to hang with the big boys every year . I think he’s gonna get 2 more years regardless . Eventually the excuse Mobile is gonna run out of gas however . I just don’t think we will ever be a successful program until we start demanding better than 7-5 , but most of us won’t . Ha ha
Funny thing in an odd sort of way is that you joined in September of this year and have done NOTHING but post negative comments about Muschamp...and I mean nothing. You talk about Muschamp not getting the benefit of the doubt....well, neither do you. There are several on here who have an orange aura about them, so you're in good company.

What you are going through is similar to what Texas has gone through with its post Mack Brown coaching issues, I see the same problem with Texas posters. Everyone wants to compare the new coach to Darrell Royal. Well, Darrell Royal did X, Darrell Royal did Y. If you are always going to compare your new coach to the greatest coach your school has ever had (Spurrier), you will always be disappointed. What you need to compare Muschamp to is the coach that would be available if you fire him. In recruiting, how confident are you the next coach can bring in a Hilinski from across the country? How confident are you that the next coach can lock down your state's 5-star Zacch Pickens and not lose him to Georgia or Clemson? How confident are you the next coach will be able to bring in 4-star recruits out of Florida, Tennessee (2) and North Carolina? Maybe Spurrier could bring in top 25 recruiting classes with regularity, why do you expect the next coach after Muschamp to be able to do that?

If some had their way even Spurrier would be gone in three years, it took him, what six years to win nine games?

If Muschamp's team beats UT-C tonight and then either Clemson and/or Akron, he will have won more games in his first 3 years than did Spurrier. If they make a bowl he'll be the first USC football coach to do so in his first 3 years.

Listen to Erik Kimrey's podcast. All the former players he has on have the highest praise for the direction Muschamp has the program in. They're there, watching practice and meeting the staff. If anyone would know, it is them. Factor in the unfortunate fact Clemson and now UGA are playoff level teams. Spurrier et al never faced those teams on that level. And in 2019, they'll be on our schedule again, along with Alabama and the 25 Million dollar man from College Station. UF and UT made changes at HC that seem to be working out. 2019 may see a decline in Wins, but the WM recruits are coming in and getting experience.

What you are going through is similar to what Texas has gone through with its post Mack Brown coaching issues, I see the same problem with Texas posters. Everyone wants to compare the new coach to Darrell Royal. Well, Darrell Royal did X, Darrell Royal did Y. If you are always going to compare your new coach to the greatest coach your school has ever had (Spurrier), you will always be disappointed. What you need to compare Muschamp to is the coach that would be available if you fire him. In recruiting, how confident are you the next coach can bring in a Hilinski from across the country? How confident are you that the next coach can lock down your state's 5-star Zacch Pickens and not lose him to Georgia or Clemson? How confident are you the next coach will be able to bring in 4-star recruits out of Florida, Tennessee (2) and North Carolina? Maybe Spurrier could bring in top 25 recruiting classes with regularity, why do you expect the next coach after Muschamp to be able to do that?
I get what you're saying. But if and when the time comes for a change, you've just got to do it. You can't be held hostage by a recruiting class.

Funny thing in an odd sort of way is that you joined in September of this year and have done NOTHING but post negative comments about Muschamp...and I mean nothing. You talk about Muschamp not getting the benefit of the doubt....well, neither do you. There are several on here who have an orange aura about them, so you're in good company.

I’ve been a member since 2009 , my account got hacked so I had to start over but thanks for your concern . I call it like I see it . If I see good things I give us props and if see bad things I address those as well . Problem is there have been way more bad things than good things this year unfortunately. Of course you would never notice because the garnet glasses you have are probably a little thick . I gave him the benefit of the doubt . Hit me up next week when Clemson drops 60 on us and see what everybody else thinks .

I’ve been a member since 2009 , my account got hacked so I had to start over but thanks for your concern . I call it like I see it . If I see good things I give us props and if see bad things I address those as well . Problem is there have been way more bad things than good things this year unfortunately. Of course you would never notice because the garnet glasses you have are probably a little thick . I gave him the benefit of the doubt . Hit me up next week when Clemson drops 60 on us and see what everybody else thinks .
If true, then I truly apologize for piling you in with the orange trash that come here to stir up trouble while posing as Carolina fans....and there have been a lot of them recently. But all I have to go on is your post history.

Reactions: Gaimcock
I get what you're saying. But if and when the time comes for a change, you've just got to do it. You can't be held hostage by a recruiting class.

I agree, and if two years from now there is no progress, that might make sense. This is just too early.

If true, then I truly apologize for piling you in with the orange trash that come here to stir up trouble while posing as Carolina fans....and there have been a lot of them recently. But all I have to go on is your post history.

Trust me ... I went to every home game during the 0-11 season and sat in the hurricane with the rest when ECU demolished us that year at home . Honestly I was pretty high on Muschamp going into the year but other than the OL being greatly improved there has been very little I can see to positively commit on . Even in our wins we play like we are always unprepared . I just don’t see a lot of positives going forward . Hope I’m wrong .

For the sake of your happiness they hope the hit us up for 80. I always thought all Gamecocks had garnet glasses or at least the real ones do just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you're right

If Muschamp's team beats UT-C tonight and then either Clemson and/or Akron, he will have won more games in his first 3 years than did Spurrier. If they make a bowl he'll be the first USC football coach to do so in his first 3 years.

Listen to Erik Kimrey's podcast. All the former players he has on have the highest praise for the direction Muschamp has the program in. They're there, watching practice and meeting the staff. If anyone would know, it is them. Factor in the unfortunate fact Clemson and now UGA are playoff level teams. Spurrier et al never faced those teams on that level. And in 2019, they'll be on our schedule again, along with Alabama and the 25 Million dollar man from College Station. UF and UT made changes at HC that seem to be working out. 2019 may see a decline in Wins, but the WM recruits are coming in and getting experience.
Muschamp ‘s son is also his qb. He isn’t going to criticize.

For the sake of your happiness they hope the hit us up for 80. I always thought all Gamecocks had garnet glasses or at least the real ones do just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you're right

Doesn’t mean your right either . If you say all real fans have Garnet Glasses then guess what ... you’re part of the problem . There’s not ONE college football team in America that has supported such a mediocre product for so long and so passionately. It’s really a miracle and trust me I’m guilty as anybody . The Swamp was half full last week after losing to Mizzou , I went to Bama games during the Shula era before Saban and they were giving away tickets . I love my team but I’m not gonna pat them on the back and tell them “Good Job” when they blow 17pt leads or give up 500+ yards against half the teams on the schedule. Do I encourage my dog when he’s digging holes in my yard?? I’ve always said that Muschamp will get 5 years regardless . He deserves that . Problem is if he goes 6-6 the next two years and wins two weedwacker bowls the Garnet Glasses will be perfectly OK with it . That’s why we’ve been a .500 team for a century , because those are the expectations . Why ??? Clemson is 100 miles up the road and they are an Elite Program and we are a blip on the Radar right now . Why ?? It pains me so much to say this but the truth is they demand more and expect it . Why don’t we ?? . Sorry it just really bothers me . Now go ahead and bash away !! Thanks .

Doesn’t mean your right either . If you say all real fans have Garnet Glasses then guess what ... you’re part of the problem . There’s not ONE college football team in America that has supported such a mediocre product for so long and so passionately. It’s really a miracle and trust me I’m guilty as anybody . The Swamp was half full last week after losing to Mizzou , I went to Bama games during the Shula era before Saban and they were giving away tickets . I love my team but I’m not gonna pat them on the back and tell them “Good Job” when they blow 17pt leads or give up 500+ yards against half the teams on the schedule. Do I encourage my dog when he’s digging holes in my yard?? I’ve always said that Muschamp will get 5 years regardless . He deserves that . Problem is if he goes 6-6 the next two years and wins two weedwacker bowls the Garnet Glasses will be perfectly OK with it . That’s why we’ve been a .500 team for a century , because those are the expectations . Why ??? Clemson is 100 miles up the road and they are an Elite Program and we are a blip on the Radar right now . Why ?? It pains me so much to say this but the truth is they demand more and expect it . Why don’t we ?? . Sorry it just really bothers me . Now go ahead and bash away !! Thanks .
Maybe Spurrier should have cut his salary and hired the coaches that Dabo cut his salary to hire instead of the Bad News Bears replacements he got when Beamer, Gillespie, EJ, and Lawing left.

Langston Moore also has nothing but positives to say about his and his staff's coaching. I trust his opinion more than any on here. What does Muschamp have on him?
Not Muschamp. The University. If the radio station wants to be the flagship station, they better toe the party line. They defended Chad until the bitter end. They've been defending pretty much everything from the end of the Spurrier era to what we're seeing now. In fact, the only time I recall any of them really and consistently criticizing a coach was the end of the Horn era.

Listen to what David Cloninger said about Chad -- before the commercial break. When they came back, he was a LOT less critical. Someone had a talk with him.

Not Muschamp. The University. If the radio station wants to be the flagship station, they better toe the party line. They defended Chad until the bitter end. They've been defending pretty much everything from the end of the Spurrier era to what we're seeing now. In fact, the only time I recall any of them really and consistently criticizing a coach was the end of the Horn era.

Listen to what David Cloninger said about Chad -- before the commercial break. When they came back, he was a LOT less critical. Someone had a talk with him.
Sadly, the University no longer makes that decision, IMG does.

Maybe Spurrier should have cut his salary and hired the coaches that Dabo cut his salary to hire instead of the Bad News Bears replacements he got when Beamer, Gillespie, EJ, and Lawing left.

I agree . Promoting Whammy and his crew was the downfall of this program . If we had a real deal DC the 2014 team is another 10 win team .

Right now, yes. Even if we were to somehow finish 0-3, he'll back next year. If all we get next year is more of the same, I'll be ready to show him the door.

Dos Hilinski start? I think this is the best young qb you have had in a while. I think you should let Muschamp have a chance with a top tier qb. He got you the qb. Even very good Freshmen take a while to get going see Daniels at Southern Cal. I would give Muschamp at least long enough to play games with a somewhat experienced Hiliniski. I don't know that next year alone does that.

I would note that Coach Herman was 1-4 against ranked teams last year and is 5-1 against ranked teams this year. So it can take time to turn around.

Last edited:
Dos Hilinski start? I think this is the best young qb you have had in a while. I think you should let Muschamp have a chance with a top tier qb. He got you the qb. Even very Freshmen take a while to get going see Daniels at Southern Cal. I would give Muschamp at least long enough to play games with a somewhat experienced Hiliniski. I don't know that next year alone does that.

I would note that Coach Herman was 1-4 against ranked teams last year and is 5-1 against ranked teams this year. So it can take time to turn around.
1. Getting the talent isn't the question -- yet. Developing it is a whole other issue so far.

2. So you're comparing Herman's 2 years to Muschamp's 3? I think that underscores my first point.

1. Getting the talent isn't the question -- yet. Developing it is a whole other issue so far.

2. So you're comparing Herman's 2 years to Muschamp's 3? I think that underscores my first point.

You haven't had a top qb until Hilinski, so you don't know what Muschamp can do with one.

Improvement needs time to kick in. Maybe Strong left better structure for Herman than was left for Muschamp.

But comparing Texas to South Carolina diminishes your point. Texas is a state full of D-1 talent and UT gets its pick of the litter, especially with a coach with a pulse. Strong may not have been a great coach for UT, but there is little doubt that he is a good recruiter.

You haven't had a top qb until Hilinski, so you don't know what Muschamp can do with one.

Improvement needs time to kick in. Maybe Strong left better structure for Herman than was left for Muschamp.
I've asked before why you're so invested in us keeping Muschamp here. I don't get it. But ok.

But comparing Texas to South Carolina diminishes your point. Texas is a state full of D-1 talent and UT gets its pick of the litter, especially with a coach with a pulse. Strong may not have been a great coach for UT, but there is little doubt that he is a good recruiter.
No it doesn't. The whole question is whether or not Muschamp can develop talent and outcoach a good team. Good coaches can show signs of that early on with whatever talent they inherit. So far, he hasn't shown he can do that -- here or at Florida.

No it doesn't. The whole question is whether or not Muschamp can develop talent and outcoach a good team. Good coaches can show signs of that early on with whatever talent they inherit. So far, he hasn't shown he can do that -- here or at Florida.
Yeah...it does. It actually helps to inherit top notch talent. And I remember everyone laughing at the crap-show that Urban left at Florida. Evidently, you have chosen to forget that.

Reactions: Gaimcock
Yeah...it does. It actually helps to inherit top notch talent. And I remember everyone laughing at the crap-show that Urban left at Florida. Evidently, you have chosen to forget that.
So prove me wrong then. In year three, what good team have we out-schemed and outcoached? (Remember, my question was about developing talent.) Muschamp is supposed to be a defensive genius, yet his units have looked horrible all year outside of Horn. In every big game, we have completely lost our composure and usually gotten blown out. Last week, we had Florida on the ropes and went "Muschamp" conservative. Blew a 17 point lead and lost a potential big win over a ranked team.

You can talk about inheriting talent all you want when it comes to Herman. But don't forget how he consistently best good teams his only two years st Houston.

So prove me wrong then. In year three, what good team have we out-schemed and outcoached? (Remember, my question was about developing talent.) Muschamp is supposed to be a defensive genius, yet his units have looked horrible all year outside of Horn. In every big game, we have completely lost our composure and usually gotten blown out. Last week, we had Florida on the ropes and went "Muschamp" conservative. Blew a 17 point lead and lost a potential big win over a ranked team.

You can talk about inheriting talent all you want when it comes to Herman. But don't forget how he consistently best good teams his only two years st Houston.
In year three, the majority of the upper class players are still Spurrier recruits. The last couple of years of Spurrier recruits which were evaluated by Whammy and crew. Let him get his players in here.

In year three, the majority of the upper class players are still Spurrier recruits. The last couple of years of Spurrier recruits which were evaluated by Whammy and crew. Let him get his players in here.
Once again, see my post about developing talent. It's year three. The Spurrier excuse is past its sell-by date. It's time to show improvement.

Once again, see my post about developing talent. It's year three. The Spurrier excuse is past its sell-by date. It's time to show improvement.
He's developed defensive talent EVERYWHERE he's been. And when I look at our depth chart I still see a lot of Spurrier recruits on the two deep.

You're right. The buck stops at the OC. Not the head coach.
Bet you didn't criticize Spurrier when Nix's defenses were giving up tons of yards and points and Spurrier kept on saying that he doesn't get involved with the defense. Of course you didn't....you weren't on here at the time, but would love to hear your opinion on that one.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT