ADVERTISEMENT

Why I see us with a chance to win in Tillman .

MANAFOLD

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2004
Clemson is much like Tennessee. Although a good team , much of the glitter comes from hype. Clemson stands 8-0. Tennessee has lost three games. Clemson has won three games by the smallest of margins. Tennessee, two.

If the Tigers would have played Florida, Texas A&M, Alabama and Georgia this year, would they be 8-0. I think not. I believe we may very well prove to be the best team they play this season. I believe we definitely have a chance to win this game.

One thing for certain, from here on Dabo will loose sleep knowing he will face the Boom and the Gamecocks every year. We will ride into DREAM VALLEY behind a BENTLEY this year.

Clemson is much like Tennessee. Although a good team , much of the glitter comes from hype. Clemson stands 8-0. Tennessee has lost three games. Clemson has won three games by the smallest of margins. Tennessee, two.

If the Tigers would have played Florida, Texas A&M, Alabama and Georgia this year, would they be 8-0. I think not. I believe we may very well prove to be the best team they play this season. I believe we definitely have a chance to win this game.

One thing for certain, from here on Dabo will loose sleep knowing he will face the Boom and the Gamecocks every year. We will ride into DREAM VALLEY behind a BENTLEY this year.
Agreed! The Taters have benefited from an overrated ACC schedule. You know it's bad when they brag about Troy hahahaha. Welcome to ACC football.

Reactions: RaginRooster
Any team is beatable. That's why the game is played. Personally, I'm calling for a loss but I think Bentley will make it look respectful.

Lost me here... Clemson is much like Tennessee.
Is there a chance ? Yes--- just go ask the Citadel. Any team can upset another one on any given day. That's the reason we play the game.

Reactions: gamecockblack

LOL, man...we can dream!

9cc1b87e41774ce9cdbba5e1b1410838.jpg

Reactions: cockofthegoat
Probably not going to beat those guys BUT if an undefeated SC team ever shows up to play a 3-9 Clemson team- there wouldn't even be Tiger bones left.

Rack me

Probably won't happen this year but one day that program will implode. Can't wait for them to have a year like Tennessee is having right about now.

Reactions: UpstateGamecock2
You are right they are a lot like Tennessee. Hobbs and Watson are similar but Watson may be a bit better. The overall talent of the two is equal. Tennessee played Alabama and Texas a and m. Taters were struggling bad s d should have lost to n c state and got by an average noles team.

So yes Manifold u are exactky right. We are probably easily one of the best teams they have to play. Not that we r great but we r improving for sure. But reality is their schedule is just thst weak. Akways is

Reactions: RaginRooster
So you guys really believe we are better than Louisville, Auburn and Florida State? Lol. Glad the extreme optimism is back I guess. I guess we should be ranked just outside the top 4 in the playoff rankings tomorrow night then.

I'm thinking they get 3 in a row this year. Do we have a chance sure but they just have more experience than we do at the present. I was thinking early in the season we had 0 shot but it's up to 25%. Next year however I truly believe well be a top 25 team and will drill them at Willie B

What about last year. To my surprise we were in the game last year. We were at home but we're better this year and the taters aren't as good. You never know. I'm not betting on it though.

Is there a chance ? Yes--- just go ask the Citadel. Any team can upset another one on any given day. That's the reason we play the game.
Compare the schedules.

Clemson should beat us. If Clemson was In our shoes starting a FR QB and FR RB who did not see a snap until several games into the season I would expect us to win One thing for sure we wil show up. And if we don't win I Hope it is a rough enough game Clemson loses the following week regardless

You are right they are a lot like Tennessee. Hobbs and Watson are similar but Watson may be a bit better. The overall talent of the two is equal. Tennessee played Alabama and Texas a and m. Taters were struggling bad s d should have lost to n c state and got by an average noles team.
I can think of at least 3 plays that Watson would have made that Dobbs didn't. And they were critical incompletions that would have kept drives alive. He had guys open but didn't hit them. I don't think they're the 3rd best team in the nation, but until someone beats them, they will be right there.

Clempson has played a tough schedule and anyone who says different isn't stating facts. Give them credit for finding a way to win every game. However, other facts are for whatever reason Auburn wasn't the team they are now. Louisville lost by a couple yards and a no call PI on 3rd down. FSU lost by a single play. The Cook big run brought back saved clempson again and NC State is the worst. Missed 3 field goals and a chip shot to win. This clempson team reminds me of cam and auburns national title team. They were good,very good. However, they were very lucky. All the breaks went Auburns way. I would be shocked if clempson doesn't play Bama again. You will need luck to go your way to beat them this time. I could see a scenario where Michigan or Ohio state may beat clempson in a semi final game. The rest of clempsons schedule is a cakewalk including Virginia Tech in the ACC championship game.

I can think of at least 3 plays that Watson would have made that Dobbs didn't. And they were critical incompletions that would have kept drives alive. He had guys open but didn't hit them. I don't think they're the 3rd best team in the nation, but until someone beats them, they will be right there.

I think Bentley would have hit our wide open TE also that BMAC threw a few yards short. Wish they kept Bentley in for all 3rd downs in last two games.

That's very impressive.

Now, as to the Opie comparing Clem & Tennessee........not really a good comparison.

We played UT @ home & Clem will be on the road. UT's QB couldn't hit this bull with a football. Watson may be the best passer in the nation. 2016 Cocks vs. 2016 Clem 25 times.....I think we'd win 1 or 2. Just reality.

Reactions: clemtiger117
That is not true. It is a loser's mentality that has no place among Gamecock fans.
Just watch each week how certain teams are suddenly elevated because they are about to play the media darlings. It's all about money. The voters know what they are doing and they do it to justify the playoff teams. Pay attention and you will see it. In a perfect world, there will be 4 undefeated playoff teams, but there probably won't be. That's when the justification has to take place. How many did FL ST give up to Louisville on defense? 60+? What were they ranked before they played Clemson? No top 25 team should ever give up that many points.

Clempson has played a tough schedule and anyone who says different isn't stating facts. Give them credit for finding a way to win every game. However, other facts are for whatever reason Auburn wasn't the team they are now. Louisville lost by a couple yards and a no call PI on 3rd down. FSU lost by a single play. The Cook big run brought back saved clempson again and NC State is the worst. Missed 3 field goals and a chip shot to win. This clempson team reminds me of cam and auburns national title team. They were good,very good. However, they were very lucky. All the breaks went Auburns way. I would be shocked if clempson doesn't play Bama again. You will need luck to go your way to beat them this time. I could see a scenario where Michigan or Ohio state may beat clempson in a semi final game. The rest of clempsons schedule is a cakewalk including Virginia Tech in the ACC championship game.

You are probably the most sensible person on here...MANAFOLD is trying to get a rise out of the Clemson fans, but you sir are just stating facts.

I don't find it plausible to really blame the refs like you are doing...but they have had A LOT of luck in the upstate this year...No reason for anyone to be comparing them to sub par teams though...if you guys think they aren't good this year, then you will be shocked when we play them....

If we manage to beat Florida on the road, then we have a chance. Even, then I'd still take Clemson. With us being at home last year was the main reason it was close imo. Clemson would have crushed us if it was at their place. Not a 50 point beat down, but they would have won by 14-17. This year we are definitely improved but far from Clemson's level. A win at Florida would certainly change my thinking.

If Clemson had played this year the teams Tennessee has, yes, they would look much like Tennessee.

If we manage to beat Florida on the road, then we have a chance. Even, then I'd still take Clemson. With us being at home last year was the main reason it was close imo. Clemson would have crushed us if it was at their place. Not a 50 point beat down, but they would have won by 14-17. This year we are definitely improved but far from Clemson's level. A win at Florida would certainly change my thinking.
nobody can convince me we are far below Clemson's level. Can't wait until we get to prove it.

Clemson's play this year has made their schedule look tough.

But Tennessee has played a much harder schedule than Clemson. With their schedule I say you might be 5-3 instead of 8-0.. That being said, I don't see you having such an easy win over us by any means. Like in Texas, you kill our QB, we will kill Watson back.
We have to get 3 or 4 TO to have a chance to pull the upset.

Arguing with a tater fan is like arguing with a Hillary supporter. Clemson has a tough schedule this year ...we get it. You guys have a good team ..we get that. But why do you want to waste your time coming over here and arguing with us that you had a tough schedule? Seems to me that you are not all that confident that the team that came a gnat's hair from losing to NC State might show backup. Go undefeated in the SEC and then come back and talk. You guys know you couldn't do it.

of course he is right...SEC East is Horrible and they can't beat anyone in the ACC , Big east or even the pop warner team down the street. I can read since I took hooked on phonics in the 11th grade. Not sure how they rank these things and not really interested to do the research but I have to believe that playing SEC teams week in and week out has GOT to be tougher than playing ACC teams week after week except for the 4 top schools. It is unanswerable question so I accept that the EAST sucks and should be reclassified as a SAC conference.

Reactions: EssoClub2
So yes Manifold u are exactky right. We are probably easily one of the best teams they have to play. Not that we r great but we r improving for sure. But reality is their schedule is just thst weak. Akways is

lol Clemson has played a very hard schedule so far this year.... Ranked Number one by a few places.

Talk about the SEC east all you want too. But the facts are Clemson would lick the SEC commissioner game balls to join.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT