ADVERTISEMENT

Why the heck do we have/need a freakin' DJ?

Being a DJ who interviewed for the job, the primary reason has already been given....to blow the minds of the recruits. DJs at sporting events is trending nationally, so if it wasn't going to happen this year, it would have happened eventually. Georgia has a DJ booth in their dang locker room.

Being a huge fan of the Gamecocks and having been to most games for the past 30 years, I can say this. When neither the band nor Sandstorm are playing, the music lately has been dreadful. I hate I didn't get the job, but I'm looking forward to seeing what this guy brings to the environment.

Why do you seem perturbed by the fact that we have one? God forbid we enhance the gameday experience while also appealing to recruits. Oh, and maybe the DJ will play something besides Sweet Caroline to fire up the team. All seems like a good thing. What am I missing here?

I guess I'm just out of the loop.

Kentucky hired one for Mark Stoops first year out of Nashville named I kid you not, Dee Jay Silver for the games. He basically made a playlist and sent it along with his assistant to play at the games. #NeverAgain.

God forbid we enhance the gameday experience while also appealing to recruits. Oh, and maybe the DJ will play something besides Sweet Caroline to fire up the team. All seems like a good thing. What am I missing here?
(underline added) I don't have a dog in this fight, but I think reasonable people can disagree as to whether a DJ will enhance the experience. And while we all agree that appealing to recruits is it important, it's not the _main_ purpose of the gameday experience. The main purpose of the experience is to create something customers (us) want to pay for. If you tell some segment of the fans "if you want to win, you're going to have to have a less enjoyable experience," they will respond by saying you've created a tail-wagging-the-dog situation. The same is true if you tell some portion of the fan base that winning means pricing the games beyond their affordability.

Let me be clear; I'm not arguing for or against a DJ. But 17 year old recruits shouldn't guide the ship. Ticket buyers should.

It's possible the DJ won't even be heard throughout the stadium, just the student section. I know that was the case when I was in school with the mic man and such

(underline added) I don't have a dog in this fight, but I think reasonable people can disagree as to whether a DJ will enhance the experience. And while we all agree that appealing to recruits is it important, it's not the _main_ purpose of the gameday experience. The main purpose of the experience is to create something customers (us) want to pay for. If you tell some segment of the fans "if you want to win, you're going to have to have a less enjoyable experience," they will respond by saying you've created a tail-wagging-the-dog situation. The same is true if you tell some portion of the fan base that winning means pricing the games beyond their affordability.

Let me be clear; I'm not arguing for or against a DJ. But 17 year old recruits shouldn't guide the ship. Ticket buyers should.

Ticket buyers are guiding the ship. Ticket buyers want a winner. To be a winner, we need to appeal to 17 year old recruits.

The circle of life.

I care about winning 1000000x more than I care about the music at the stadium.

Last edited:
Ticket buyers are guiding the ship. Ticket buyers want a winner. To be a winner, we need to appeal to 17 year old recruits.

The circle of life.

I care about winning 1000000x more than I can about the music at the stadium.
Agree. Similar to the jersey argument. If the recruits like it and we can sign more as a result, I'll be happy with the ensuing results on the field.

Reactions: funktavious
Expat nailed it. Rod and I are just old. If having a DJ this year swings a big-time recruit to our program then let's get two.

Reactions: sgacock
First game is a sell out, 15,000 student tickets sold, must be the DJ

giphy.gif

Roger that but if the 17 years old recruits don't come play there won't be any ticket buyers so it is all about them.:D

Reactions: 67gamecock
Agree. Similar to the jersey argument. If the recruits like it and we can sign more as a result, I'll be happy with the ensuing results on the field.

I was recently browsing Youtube videos of our recent games against Bama (We're actually 3-3, believe or not). In every game we have a different uniform ensemble and in every game Bama, of course, has the same uniforms. Bama seems to be doing OK with the same jerseys every season. But I get it...we're not Bama. So I'm all for doing everything we can in order to eliminate the excuses for not winning. If that means a DJ, then go ahead. Hopefully that will mean less Sandstorm. *fingers crossed*

Reactions: rogue cock
My inquiring mind wants to know.
Are you going to the game? If you aren't, it won't matter while you sit in front of your TV set. If you have tickets and go to the game, experience this addition to the festivities then cast judgment. You actually might like it. It may cause you to feel young again and get your T level up. So just chill bro!!!

Reactions: USCocks33
I was recently browsing Youtube videos of our recent games against Bama (We're actually 3-3, believe or not). In every game we have a different uniform ensemble and in every game Bama, of course, has the same uniforms. Bama seems to be doing OK with the same jerseys every season. But I get it...we're not Bama. So I'm all for doing everything we can in order to eliminate the excuses for not winning. If that means a DJ, then go ahead. Hopefully that will mean less Sandstorm. *fingers crossed*

Amen on the less sandstorm

Reactions: DarkCock
I think this DJ will be awesome. Can't wait for him to play Alice's Restaurant during the first official's review :)

Reactions: Crutcher1
He better not mess up the pregame or sandstorm stuff or his ass will get booed out of the freaking stadium

Reactions: 81gococks
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT