ADVERTISEMENT

Why we MUST Fire Muschamp...Even With COVID

Carolina4

Oct 9, 2006
This year we’ll have the least competition in history of hiring coaches. Any other year we’d have a handful of jobs that are better or equal to ours. This year will be the fewest jobs open in America. Next year might be the most as schools will fire coaches that should’ve been fired previously. We have a chance to get OUR GUY whomever that is. We wait a year, we aren’t getting our candidate. We might be back to 5th or 6th choice.

It sucks to lose the $ during these hard times. But it might pay off in the end to make the move now while other schools are waiting.

It’s not a bad point. I think the university would receive a ton of criticism from top to bottom (which perhaps could actually be positive for a little scrutiny around here) if they made a coaching change this year. I see it hard for the powers that be to justify dropping $20+ million to buyout muschamp and whoever they decide to hire when they’ve furloughed hundreds of university employees this year and are still looking at further cuts to make up for losses due to COVID.

but who knows! It’s 2020 anything could happen right?

It’s not a bad point. I think the university would receive a ton of criticism from top to bottom (which perhaps could actually be positive for a little scrutiny around here) if they made a coaching change this year. I see it hard for the powers that be to justify dropping $20+ million to buyout muschamp and whoever they decide to hire when they’ve furloughed hundreds of university employees this year and are still looking at further cuts to make up for losses due to COVID.

but who knows! It’s 2020 anything could happen right?

it’ll face criticism. But in the end, they may lose more if they don’t make a move. I’ve never seen the fanbase this low in my entire life. And the play on the field isn’t far behind it.

Good leaders make good decisions regardless of whether it’s criticized or not. Now is the time to make the move. Ray has to go first. That needs to happen this week.

Post Game Presser:

Muschamp: They got whipped up front on offense, A&M scoring late in half was dagger, feels like this was best team they've played all year.

Muschamp: Feels if they had made some catches early in the game, that might have changed some things, Hill needs to be more accurate, they'll make any decisions on QB after looking at film Sunday.

Muschamp: Needed to run some stretch and perimeter plays, need to have receivers block better, no disappointed in his players' effort, thought they played hard

Muschamp: Got to do whatever it takes to win games at quarterback, have to look at what they're doing and who is doing it.

Muschamp: Said he hopes the fanbase is pissed off, that's OK, first three years won more games than any other coach at USC, they are recruiting well, they've had two bad games back to back.

Muschamp: Sent White out for that field goal late in the game to help him get his confidence that, they don't have a 41 point play in their playbook.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
This year we’ll have the least competition in history of hiring coaches. Any other year we’d have a handful of jobs that are better or equal to ours. This year will be the fewest jobs open in America. Next year might be the most as schools will fire coaches that should’ve been fired previously. We have a chance to get OUR GUY whomever that is. We wait a year, we aren’t getting our candidate. We might be back to 5th or 6th choice.

It sucks to lose the $ during these hard times. But it might pay off in the end to make the move now while other schools are waiting.
Muschamp has Covid19? No way, even COVID19 can spot a loser

Post Game Presser:

Muschamp: They got whipped up front on offense, A&M scoring late in half was dagger, feels like this was best team they've played all year.

Muschamp: Feels if they had made some catches early in the game, that might have changed some things, Hill needs to be more accurate, they'll make any decisions on QB after looking at film Sunday.

Muschamp: Needed to run some stretch and perimeter plays, need to have receivers block better, no disappointed in his players' effort, thought they played hard

Muschamp: Got to do whatever it takes to win games at quarterback, have to look at what they're doing and who is doing it.

Muschamp: Said he hopes the fanbase is pissed off, that's OK, first three years won more games than any other coach at USC, they are recruiting well, they've had two bad games back to back.

Muschamp: Sent White out for that field goal late in the game to help him get his confidence that, they don't have a 41 point play in their playbook.
Tired of the garbage.

Reactions: Crazy Cock 89
it’ll face criticism. But in the end, they may lose more if they don’t make a move. I’ve never seen the fanbase this low in my entire life. And the play on the field isn’t far behind it.

Good leaders make good decisions regardless of whether it’s criticized or not. Now is the time to make the move. Ray has to go first. That needs to happen this week.
That’s true! They could definitely lose way more money if they don’t act soon. Are people really going to want to buy season tickets next year after two years of this nonsense?

That’s true! They could definitely lose way more money if they don’t act soon. Are people really going to want to buy season tickets next year after two years of this nonsense?
You would have to have too much money on hand to support this or be beyond forgiving! Can’t fault you... but NO more money out of my pocket. PERIOD. Hire Jamey Caldwell at Coastal Carolina. Watched him for years at Charleston Southern.... fine young man! Just don’t put a STUPID HIGHER than needed buyout.

Negotiate a 1-2m a year for ever how many years left. Cut your losses and move on. In a few years the university shouldn't fell it as bad as more money comes in to make up for it.

fell=feel, auto correct again. Before the professor comes in and chews me out me.

Last edited:
Negotiate a 1-2m a year for ever how many years left. Cut your losses and move on. In a few years the university shouldn't fell it as bad as more money comes in to make up for it.

Maybe Will would negotiate buyout. This kind of plan works. Need to make it happen.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
The fantasy that we “Can’t Afford” the buyout is just BS. That buyout can be paid out over a 10 or 15 year span . We aren’t handing his fat ass a suitcase with 13 million bucks in it . Yes we absolutely can despite Covid and could have last year . We just won’t because our leadership knows the fanbase in Columbia are a bunch of Sheep that will show up and throw money at a bad product year after year so what’s the point . Tell me I’m wrong . Bah bah .

The fantasy that we “Can’t Afford” the buyout is just BS. That buyout can be paid out over a 10 or 15 year span . We aren’t handing his fat ass a suitcase with 13 million bucks in it . Yes we absolutely can despite Covid and could have last year . We just won’t because our leadership knows the fanbase in Columbia are a bunch of Sheep that will show up and throw money at a bad product year after year so what’s the point . Tell me I’m wrong . Bah bah .
Like the old saying"where there's a will, there is a way". At the moment were not willing.

Like the old saying"where there's a will, there is a way". At the moment were not willing.

Exactly , they weren’t willing in Tuscaloosa before Saban and when the fans boycotted two straight home games they got “Willing” quickly . When FSU’s top 15 boosters organized a No show for the Miami game last year to get rid of Taggert it happened a day later . Problem is that will never happen at USC . It hasn’t happened in 100 years and won’t happen now .

PERIOD. Hire Jamey Caldwell at Coastal Carolina. Watched him for years at Charleston Southern.... fine young man! Just don’t put a STUPID HIGHER than needed buyout.
Heck, give him a heavy-incentive-based contract, at least for the short term. Give him a base salary of $2 million (that's not chump change). Bonus of $500K for every win over 6. $250K additional bonus for every win over 8. Another $250K bonus for every win over over 10.

If he goes 6-6, we're saving a lot of money over our current guy. If he goes 10-2, he makes $4.5million (with a chance to earn more in a bowl game). If he goes 12-0, he makes $6.5 million (with a chance to earn more in the post-season). Win the national championship, and he'll make about $10 million and be the highest paid coach in the country that season. After a very successful season or two, you'd have the option of giving the coach a more traditional big contract. But at least he's earned it at that point.

Reactions: importcock
Exactly , they weren’t willing in Tuscaloosa before Saban and when the fans boycotted two straight home games they got “Willing” quickly . When FSU’s top 15 boosters organized a No show for the Miami game last year to get rid of Taggert it happened a day later . Problem is that will never happen at USC . It hasn’t happened in 100 years and won’t happen now .

posted a thread during the game. It needs to happen. This year is the easiest..only impacts 25k people instead of 70k. Suck it up and refuse to enter the stadium against Missouri or Georgia. Hell, boycott both. Tailgate on the horseshoe in front of Caslen’s house.

if there’s one thing we’ve learned over the past few years it’s that people have power if they are willing to use it. 50k in Caslen’s front yard should do the trick. Time for Gamecock fans to suck it up for a few hours so we can save ourselves years.

Seriously...students, alumni, fans...everyone should be outside his home protesting this damn debacle. The only way we’ll change is if they feel the pressure. Have to make it known and stop supporting them. No support, no program. They know that. Make those bastards look the students and alumni in the eyes and tell them Will is the best we can do.

posted a thread during the game. It needs to happen. This year is the easiest..only impacts 25k people instead of 70k. Suck it up and refuse to enter the stadium against Missouri or Georgia. Hell, boycott both. Tailgate on the horseshoe in front of Caslen’s house.

if there’s one thing we’ve learned over the past few years it’s that people have power if they are willing to use it. 50k in Caslen’s front yard should do the trick. Time for Gamecock fans to suck it up for a few hours so we can save ourselves years.

Seriously...students, alumni, fans...everyone should be outside his home protesting this damn debacle. The only way we’ll change is if they feel the pressure. Have to make it known and stop supporting them. No support, no program. They know that. Make those bastards look the students and alumni in the eyes and tell them Will is the best we can do.

Better yet we should pick a weekend where both us and Coastal plays at home and we should all go there instead . Flood the town . That would definitely get the point across that we support winners

Reactions: ManInBlack00

Yup. Hire a good coach and all will be forgiven as soon as he starts winning. End of story.

Heck, give him a heavy-incentive-based contract, at least for the short term. Give him a base salary of $2 million (that's not chump change). Bonus of $500K for every win over 6. $250K additional bonus for every win over 8. Another $250K bonus for every win over over 10.

If he goes 6-6, we're saving a lot of money over our current guy. If he goes 10-2, he makes $4.5million (with a chance to earn more in a bowl game). If he goes 12-0, he makes $6.5 million (with a chance to earn more in the post-season). Win the national championship, and he'll make about $10 million and be the highest paid coach in the country that season. After a very successful season or two, you'd have the option of giving the coach a more traditional big contract. But at least he's earned it at that point.
It sounds good, but can you imagine if a player drops a pass that costs his coach 500k.

Facts!

Reactions: Crazy Cock 89
Why wait? How can it get any worse?
Ideally, a new AD would be doing the hiring and firing. We arent going to replace the AD within the next few weeks. Its reasonable to think both could be replaced by the end of the year. If removing Tanner doesnt fly as an option, the sooner we part ways with Muschamp the better... wouldnt be my first option but it would be a step in the right direction.

Sadly, a lot of people would be dumb enough to still by season tickets next year and beyond.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT