ADVERTISEMENT

Will a Gamecock fan make a "Leonard's Loser" for Saturday's game?

mktmaker

Jun 5, 2001
For you "young'uns"...

From wikipedia:

Leonard Anthony Postero, Sr. (December 11, 1922 – July 20, 2001) was a native of Athens, Georgia, known for his syndicated radio show, Leonard's Losers.

In 1958, Postero taped his first Leonard's Losers radio show at WRFC-AM in Athens. The show described college football matchups and then predicted which team would lose. Postero taped his show using a pseudonym of "Leonard Postosties" and was introduced by his sidekick "Percy Peabody" (also voiced by Postero). The show's "schtick" was a rural delivery style (à la Jerry Clower) and comedic scripts using alternate team nicknames related to the school mascot or the school itself. Some of these references included "riflemen" for the University of Tennessee Volunteers, "red clay hounds" for the University of Georgia Bulldogs, "giant water lizards" for the University of Florida Gators, "pachyderms" for the University of Alabama (because of their elephant mascot), and "the Pope's pupils" for the University of Notre Dame (for its status as a Catholic university). Leonard claimed that he possessed a "little smart pill machine" to come up with his prognostications and always closed his broadcast with a plea to his sidekick to "get me outta here, Percy." A game might be described as follows:

"Phillip Fulmer leads his Rifleman into the Athens Kennel for a shooting match with Jim Donnan's Pack of Drool Dogs. The Volunteer Army has owned the K-9s of late, while the Red Clay Hounds think it's about time to sink their teeth into the Big Orange Rifle Brigade. The Knoxville Army is angry after last week, but the Athens Dawgs will get the job done. Leonard's Loser? Tennessee"

At the height of its popularity, Leonard's Losers was carried on over 1400 radio stations, including Armed Forces Radio. Postero also published a weekly newsletter called Leonard's Losers.

Following is a sample from 1992.

Remember it's all in fun.

A couple of Kentucky fans made their contributions.

I will post them if you like, but I don't want to wear out my welcome.

Reactions: gamecock ed
Go right ahead and post what you got.

Remember...I can't take credit (or blame) for either of these:

South Carolina versus Kentucky.

Will Muschamps' Baintee Roosters invade Kentucky's Kroger Field, lookin' for a shoppin' cart full of chicken feed to haul back to Cock land.

The Roosters boast a high flyin' passing act that would make Steve Superior proud, but this years' version of the Mildcats have turned into real Wildcats, especially at home.

Expect the Big Blue Cats to dominate up front, puttin' a hurtin' on the Roosters on both lines, and watch Benny Snell lead the Cats as they put a scratchin' on the invading Cocks.

These Cats leave Kroger with a shoppin' bag with enough chicken to last a month!

Leonard's Loser, by double digits, South Carolina.

...and...

Will Muschamp's flock of Rowdy Roosters fly into Lexington on Saturday night intent on raining an egg storm on Mark Stoops furry feline parade.The pugilistic Pullets are gonna encounter a bunch of souped up Wildcats and 62,000 of their closest friends who are all set to show Col. Sanders that they know a thing or two about how to fry chicken. When all is said and done Mark Stoops' secret recipe will cook the Gamecock's goose one more time....Leonard's loser.....South Carolina.

Remember...I can't take credit (or blame) for either of these:

South Carolina versus Kentucky.

Will Muschamps' Baintee Roosters invade Kentucky's Kroger Field, lookin' for a shoppin' cart full of chicken feed to haul back to Cock land.

The Roosters boast a high flyin' passing act that would make Steve Superior proud, but this years' version of the Mildcats have turned into real Wildcats, especially at home.

Expect the Big Blue Cats to dominate up front, puttin' a hurtin' on the Roosters on both lines, and watch Benny Snell lead the Cats as they put a scratchin' on the invading Cocks.

These Cats leave Kroger with a shoppin' bag with enough chicken to last a month!

Leonard's Loser, by double digits, South Carolina.

And...

...and...

Will Muschamp's flock of Rowdy Roosters fly into Lexington on Saturday night intent on raining an egg storm on Mark Stoops furry feline parade.The pugilistic Pullets are gonna encounter a bunch of souped up Wildcats and 62,000 of their closest friends who are all set to show Col. Sanders that they know a thing or two about how to fry chicken. When all is said and done Mark Stoops' secret recipe will cook the Gamecock's goose one more time....Leonard's loser.....South Carolina.

Dude you're good!! Some of us have already heard BOTH those anyway!!

Gaim

62,000...lolz

Yeah...our AD -- who has no genitalia -- reduced the seating capacity.

Capacity 61,000 (2015–present)
62,093 (2014)[1]
67,942 (2009–2013)
67,606 (2003–2008)
67,530 (1999–2002)
55,453 (1998)
57,800 (1991–1997)
56,696 (1979–1990)
58,000 (1973–1978)

Sorry to disappoint.

I went to a game there probably 6 years ago. It’s a beautiful stadium, if your into small venues in the middle of a horse field.

I went to a game there probably 6 years ago. It’s a beautiful stadium, if your into small venues in the middle of a horse field.
That's Lexington for sure in certain parts!! Won a few bucks at Keeneland on couple different occasions - lucky as hail both times!!!

I definitely remember listening to Leonard’s Losers on the radio when I was a kid. My dad and I would always hope he picked us and when he did we would high five and hope he was right! Unfortunately, in the middle to late 90’s he was often wrong! It was still funny and fun to listen too!

Yeah...our AD -- who has no genitalia -- reduced the seating capacity.

Capacity 61,000 (2015–present)
62,093 (2014)[1]
67,942 (2009–2013)
67,606 (2003–2008)
67,530 (1999–2002)
55,453 (1998)
57,800 (1991–1997)
56,696 (1979–1990)
58,000 (1973–1978)

Sorry to disappoint.
You mean the AD who had a $110 million renovation, with luxury suites and club seating added for more revenue, a $50 million football training facility, and a $49 million state of the art baseball stadium built, opening tomorrow BTW for a scrimmage vs Xavier, that 'No genitalia' AD ???

Reactions: IrishPokerDog
Leonard was great! I didn`t know his last name. I think he called himself "Leonard PostToasties" on the show, so I guess that`s why., Get me outta here, Percy!!!!

Reactions: mktmaker
The Mildcats of the Bluegrass State are feeling mighty proud of themselves at the moment and it's a good time to knock them off their high horse. The Gamecocks have played it close to the vest this week and will let it all out on Saturday night. Carolina 34 Kentucky 24.

The Mildcats of the Bluegrass State are feeling mighty proud of themselves at the moment and it's a good time to knock them off their high horse. The Gamecocks have played it close to the vest this week and will let it all out on Saturday night. Carolina 34 Kentucky 24.

C'mon, Leghorn!

I love your enthusiasm.

I'm going to offer some unsolicited coaching. Remember, use your best exaggerated deep south drawl.

You have to start with:

"South Ca'lina at Kentucky"

and most importantly end with,

"Leonard's Loser...Kentucky!"

(Leonard never predicted a score.)

Last edited:
You must have been listening to 107.5 the other day. Will/Bill was wetting himself with excitement.

Clemsux fans love to boast about beating SEC teams under their own circumstance, when they play “insert here” 3 shitty ACC teams the next 3 weeks. Bobby Bowden philosophy to its finest.

Clemsux fans love to boast about beating SEC teams under their own circumstance, when they play “insert here” 3 shitty ACC teams the next 3 weeks. Bobby Bowden philosophy to its finest.

Bro..
Please,, sound out my user name,, and then apologize for cussing me..

Maybe, if u have to explain something for 18 years, then u probably should re-evaluate what you’re trying to explain.

It’s almost like I’m a special ed teacher..
its folks like you that inspire me.
window lickin, crayon eating, helmet wearin lil rascals!
yer welcome.

Leonard's Losers, Bob Fulton, Larry Munson, Keith Jackson. That was a golden time.

That said, I'm partial to Suggs and Ellis.

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT