ADVERTISEMENT

Caslen - Biggest regret of his life was coming to USC

Being in favor of fairness is a good thing BUT there was no fairness involved in Caslen’s candidacy. He was unqualified and foisted upon the process by corrupt collusion
"Fairness" in this episode has more than one facet. I was addressing a different facet. If you are saying that the process was incorrect and maladroit, I would not deny that.

Even if Caslen pulled no favors(which I just do not believe) by accepting McMaster’s multiple interferences he becomes nothing more than an unqualified toady begging patronage.

Also he had to see what upheaval his candidacy caused. ANYONE with an ounce of integrity or wisdom would have withdrawn. Not Caslen, he was not going to surrender his political plum integrity be damned.
If I had been Caslen…after all the protests, etc…I would have turned down the job. He knew many were opposed to him.

Reactions: winloseortie
This exemplifies why USC will never be consistently competitive in football. The BOT voted for this guy to lead our university and he absolutely despised us. Bravo to the Post & Courier for exposing this piece of shit. Sorry admins, but Robert Caslen is a sorry piece of shit.

Caselen was treated badly and unfairly. But why would he say such a thing? Unprofessional, from a man of his stature.

Post & Courier Article

I have read all of the above comments but as someone stated it was highly unprofessional. The comment Caslen made about the university is reprehensible and can cause damage to USC. I still can't believe he made that comment. I've never heard a university president ever make such a comment publicly in such a condescending matter about a university.

I have read all of the above comments but as someone stated it was highly unprofessional. The comment Caslen made about the university is reprehensible and can cause damage to USC. I still can't believe he made that comment. I've never heard a university president ever make such a comment publicly in such a condescending matter about a university.
This is what happens when narcissistic/toxic personalities get taken to task. They lash out, point fingers and gaslight at every turn. They're completely incapable of self reflection and admitting fault.

Caslen can't cause USC damage, at least not anymore. He has zero credibility at this point.

Reactions: winloseortie
I mean what do you expect? You have a dog shit governor who sounds like foghorn leghorn doing the hiring.

I’m so glad I don’t live in SC. I so poorly run. However we’re prob about to buy a 3rd home in Charleston soon. Little downtown pied a terre for weekend get aways in fall and winter when we don’t use our other weekend house in NC.
TAX THE RICH! Just kidding.

LSU despises their new president.
Be that as it may -- and I don't know how things are going at LSU -- their situation cannot possibly be worse than ours, which was an undeniably shocking public embarrassment (with the bonus of driving off our biggest donor) and has us looking for another president after only what, a year and a half? I would have much rather taken my chances on Tate, because the damage Caslen managed to do in such a short tenure is considerable.

Last edited:
He could have had 15 PhDs and been perfect and it wouldn't have mattered. He was hated for who he was from the start. Never had a chance. We have had a string of "qualified" President that got us to where we are now and we are none the better for it. "Higher" education will never accept someone who isn't politically aligned with their liberal stupidity they push on kids today. Unfortunately for him, he gave them plenty of reasons to club him with their hatred. But even if he had handled everything perfectly, it wouldn't have matter.

The biggest irony is the same people that don't think someone like Caslen can run a University for the reasons listed have ZERO problem with a moron like Joe Biden, who has been caught plagiarizing MULTIPLE times and literally wrecked everything he has touched for 50 years in his swamp creature career, running our entire COUNTRY. Absolute proof of a double standard. They are fine with a failure, as long as it's a failure that supports their political agendas.

He could have had 15 PhDs and been perfect and it wouldn't have mattered. He was hated for who he was from the start. Never had a chance. We have had a string of "qualified" President that got us to where we are now and we are none the better for it. "Higher" education will never accept someone who isn't politically aligned with their liberal stupidity they push on kids today. Unfortunately for him, he gave them plenty of reasons to club him with their hatred. But even if he had handled everyth.ing perfectly, it wouldn't have matter.

The biggest irony is the same people that don't think someone like Caslen can run a University for the reasons listed have ZERO problem with a moron like Joe Biden, who has been caught plagiarizing MULTIPLE times and literally wrecked everything he has touched for 50 years in his swamp creature career, running our entire COUNTRY. Absolute proof of a double standard. They are fine with a failure, as long as it's a failure that supports their political agendas.
Generalize much? Most people I know, including me, didn't support Caslen or Biden. Caslen was simply not qualified for the position on any level. Joan Gabel was much, much more qualified and is the current President of the University of Minnesota, an AAU member university.

He could have had 15 PhDs and been perfect and it wouldn't have mattered. He was hated for who he was from the start. Never had a chance. We have had a string of "qualified" President that got us to where we are now and we are none the better for it. "Higher" education will never accept someone who isn't politically aligned with their liberal stupidity they push on kids today. Unfortunately for him, he gave them plenty of reasons to club him with their hatred. But even if he had handled everything perfectly, it wouldn't have matter.

Lol. You are the other side of the rube coin that you hate.

You didn't attend a University did you?

Generalize much? Most people I know, including me, didn't support Caslen or Biden. Caslen was simply not qualified for the position on any level. Joan Gabel was much, much more qualified and is the current President of the University of Minnesota, an AAU member university.
What President Biden has to do with the selection of the USC President…I do not know! The Stable Genius was the USA President then…and some say McMaster wanted Caslen to get this position because he did not get one in the Trump administration. It really doesn’t matter who one voted for President of the United States. We, the alumni, did not have a vote for USC President.

I was searching for information about a local city council member recently, and Google autofilled "political party" after this person's name, leading me to believe that many people really care about the national political beliefs of their dog catchers and members of parks committees. We are stupid and love junk-food politics. Clearly, this is a priority for some people for a university president.

I was excited for him to run the university because he was a military guy and not a life long professor who has never held a real job. But I cant say I was thrilled on how he got here, and I was even less thrilled with his performance. He should have politely declined any interview about his time here and moved on with his life. That guy completely showed his ass in a way that is surprising for a many who spent such a long time in the military.

Sorry it didn't work out for him here, but the only person he should be blaming is himself. Had he come in and performed as many of us had hoped and improved the academic standing of the university I believe the politically liberal aligned supporters of the University would have come around on him. Instead he embarrassed himself and the University in a very public way and left the promise to improve the school unfulfilled.

I was searching for information about a local city council member recently, and Google autofilled "political party" after this person's name, leading me to believe that many people really care about the national political beliefs of their dog catchers and members of parks committees. We are stupid and love junk-food politics. Clearly, this is a priority for some people for a university president.
Completely agree. It has never made sense to me either.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2

COVID taught Americans a valuable lesson about that very topic. Turns out, a whole hell of a lot of state and local government officials tend to follow the lead of their national counterparts. And it had nothing to do with science, because they wouldn't follow the same rules they pushed on others on behalf of those national political parties.

The military and higher ed are CRAP institutions now. Higher Ed got ruined starting in the 60/70's and is a full blown dumpster fire now. The military got ruined starting with the Clinton Admin and then got totally off the rails under Obama. Look at what these dirt bags did in Afghanistan. Putrid.
They both will cover up anything and have no morals. Very Sad.

Reactions: GoCocksFight2021
The military and higher ed are CRAP institutions now. Higher Ed got ruined starting in the 60/70's and is a full blown dumpster fire now. The military got ruined starting with the Clinton Admin and then got totally off the rails under Obama. Look at what these dirt bags did in Afghanistan. Putrid.
They both will cover up anything and have no morals. Very Sad.
To quote Billy Joel

The good old days weren’t always good and tomorrow is not as bad as it seems

Our BOT members need to take classes on how to hire the right people. Ray Tanner as athletic director is a fine example. Other SEC football programs have left ours in the dust since he has been in position, yet the university still retains him. Heck, not JUST sec programs! Clemson, Coastal to name a few local ones.
Yes, RT hired an unqualified loser as FB coach despite knowing full well he was a loser then compounds that by giving him an undeserved multi-million $ buyout. USC fired his mistake at the cost of millions. Yet this walking talking unqualified AD still has a job.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT