ADVERTISEMENT

Caslen - Biggest regret of his life was coming to USC

Yes, and I am one of those people. And yes I follow SC politics, why?
In most areas of the state you can't win a race for dogcatcher with a (D) after your name.....much less getting a conservative legislature or board to approve a national democrat to the president of the flagship university.

In most areas of the state you can't win a race for dogcatcher with a (D) after your name.....much less getting a conservative legislature or board to approve a national democrat to the president of the flagship university.

You say that like it’s a bad thing! Ha

Reactions: SparkleCity
You say that like it’s a bad thing! Ha
I would prefer a few more traditional Libertarians or Rockefeller-type Republicans than the more populist leaning Republicans we are currently seeing. That's just a personal preference based on my political beliefs. Alas, that is not the State of South Carolina either.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
With all due respect to said former SC senator. Given the current conditions of our country SC is no longer to large but is now too small to be an insane asylum.

As a former senator from the state said, “ S.C. too small to be its own republic, too large to be an insane asylum.”

You know, if you look real hard, there are roads that will take you right out of the state. They will take you to states where your property tax is as much as your mortgage. Where the police refuse to deal with crime unless it involves near-death violence or theft over $1000. Where people think there are 31 genders and can't figure out what bathroom to use.

Yep. Quite a few roads will take you right out of SC to the "sanity" you desire.

You know, if you look real hard, there are roads that will take you right out of the state. They will take you to states where your property tax is as much as your mortgage. Where the police refuse to deal with crime unless it involves near-death violence or theft over $1000. Where people think there are 31 genders and can't figure out what bathroom to use.

Yep. Quite a few roads will take you right out of SC to the "sanity" you desire.
Wow, didn’t know something as innocuous as a quote from Senator Pettigru from the 1850’s would trigger you. I’ll make sure and put a warning label up for you next time.

I was being sarcastic maybe facetious. However it wouldn't surprise me based on your foghorn leghorn idiot governor.

Reactions: rogue cock
Wow, didn’t know something as innocuous as a quote from Senator Pettigru from the 1850’s would trigger you. I’ll make sure and put a warning label up for you next time.

Triggered? I'm just trying to help you. It's not like I'm declaring an entire state insane or something. lol. That would be crazy/. I would hope you would do the same for me. There are other states that would give me what I want. That's how our country was set up. Different strokes for different states. One size fits all usually makes nobody happy. Not a chance I stay in a lib state. Zero. Of course, I'm smart enough to figure out that I could fix that issue myself.

Triggered? I'm just trying to help you. It's not like I'm declaring an entire state insane or something. lol. That would be crazy/. I would hope you would do the same for me. There are other states that would give me what I want. That's how our country was set up. Different strokes for different states. One size fits all usually makes nobody happy. Not a chance I stay in a lib state. Zero. Of course, I'm smart enough to figure out that I could fix that issue myself.
You are not trying to help me, you are being a dismissive asshole. Don’t piss on my leg and try and tell it’s raining. I’ve heard people saying America/SC love it or leave it for all my life...
Vietnam, Civil rights, when Bush got us into Iraq and Afghanistan and many other ginned up culture shibboleths.

The people who say that GENERALLY are such (In the present day vernacular) snowflakes that they cannot tolerate any viewpoint but their own

Senator Pettigru was nicknamed the last sane man in S.C. He was derided and told to leave the state. His response was, “Why would I leave the people I love, at the very moment they need to hear a different voice

Crazy how those places tend to be better places to live than SC.

You are not trying to help me, you are being a dismissive asshole. Don’t piss on my leg and try and tell it’s raining. I’ve heard people saying America/SC love it or leave it for all my life...
Vietnam, Civil rights, when Bush got us into Iraq and Afghanistan and many other ginned up culture shibboleths.

The people who say that GENERALLY are such (In the present day vernacular) snowflakes that they cannot tolerate any viewpoint but their own

Senator Pettigru was nicknamed the last sane man in S.C. He was derided and told to leave the state. His response was, “Why would I leave the people I love, at the very moment they need to hear a different voice

Declaring the entire state insane is not a "different voice", it's your typical liberal disdain and hate that isn't anything new or "progressive". It's not a "viewpoint", it's hateful, smug liberal bullshit.

And NOBODY is less likely to listen to a different voice than a liberal. We see how libs handle "different voices" in government. In corporate America. In the military. On social media. In academia. So spare me the "different voice" line of crap. We've seen how places turn out when people listen to those voices. If you prefer that, have at it, but don't declare the state insane because we don't.

But we know, Bush's fault. lol. That one never gets old. Guess who else voted to go into both Iraq and Afghanistan? And allowed it to fester for 8 years as VP? And completely botched the withdrawal in every possible way conceivable?

Declaring the entire state insane is not a "different voice", it's your typical liberal disdain and hate that isn't anything new or "progressive". It's not a "viewpoint", it's hateful, smug liberal bullshit.

And NOBODY is less likely to listen to a different voice than a liberal. We see how libs handle "different voices" in government. In corporate America. In the military. On social media. In academia. So spare me the "different voice" line of crap. We've seen how places turn out when people listen to those voices. If you prefer that, have at it, but don't declare the state insane because we don't.

But we know, Bush's fault. lol. That one never gets old. Guess who else voted to go into both Iraq and Afghanistan? And allowed it to fester for 8 years as VP? And completely botched the withdrawal in every possible way conceivable?
Sir, this is an Arby's.

Declaring the entire state insane is not a "different voice",
Wow you really are quite a literalist. Do the words poetic license, irony, fable or parable mean anything to you?

I posted a very well known S.C. Quote that illustrates that we in this state have a long long history of contentious political discourse. And instead of chuckling and going “yea that’s who we are in S.C.” you deem that I am not worthy to live in YOUR state and start in with name calling.
I think your humor-quotient is quite different from mine and your response was over the top and unwarranted. It rings alarm bells of an insecure and defensive attitude
You remind me of a story a minister friend recently told me. That for four years he prayed for DT as he led our country every Sunday in worship.
The first Sunday he prayed the same thing for Biden, numerous people sought him out and told him Biden was not their president. They told him he was sinning to pray for Biden and several threatened to leave the church if he EVER prayed for Biden again.

Tigerdroppings where many LSU alumni and students and supports hangout. They despise the guy.
Oh ok. Internet sports message board. Super reliable source you got there.

I know someone on their Board of Supervisors and know two people on faculty there. They were all and still are very pleased with the choice of Dr Tate.

And if you are reading such strong hate comments on a sports message board, the guy has been there for 3 months. Interesting these internet warrior sports fans would feel so strongly about his job performance in 90 days. Might have something to do with something else.

Hmmmmm

That's unfortunate. Now you've lost your only credible excuse for being ignorant.

Wrong. Nothing "unfortunate" about it. I'm beyond fortunate. Living other places and choosing to live in SC doesn't make you ignorant. Quite the opposite. That's why people are bailing on lib crapholes and moving to places like SC. Much more ignorant to live somewhere you constantly bash when you KNOW there are other options. THAT is ignorant.

But thanks for proving my point.

I know someone on their Board of Supervisors and know two people on faculty there. They were all and still are very pleased with the choice of Dr Tate.

And if you are reading such strong hate comments on a sports message board, the guy has been there for 3 months. Interesting these internet warrior sports fans would feel so strongly about his job performance in 90 days. Might have something to do with something else.

Hmmmmm
Hmmmm indeed

Glass ceilings and good old boy culture I am sure played a role in Tate and Gabel’s decisions to take their much sought after talents elsewhere.

Declaring the entire state insane is not a "different voice",
Wow you really are quite a literalist. Do the words poetic license, irony, fable or parable mean anything to you?

I posted a very well known S.C. Quote that illustrates that we in this state have a long long history of contentious political discourse. And instead of chuckling and going “yea that’s who we are in S.C.” you deem that I am not worthy to live in YOUR state and start in with name calling.
I think your humor-quotient is quite different from mine and your response was over the top and unwarranted. It rings alarm bells of an insecure and defensive attitude
You remind me of a story a minister friend recently told me. That for four years he prayed for DT as he led our country every Sunday in worship.
The first Sunday he prayed the same thing for Biden, numerous people sought him out and told him Biden was not their president. They told him he was sinning to pray for Biden and several threatened to leave the church if he EVER prayed for Biden again.
Hopefully he continued to pray for our country and the President…and those not liking it left the church.

Hmmmmm
They’re mad over the vaccine proof and mask mandates at football games and parking from what I understand.

Wrong. Nothing "unfortunate" about it. I'm beyond fortunate. Living other places and choosing to live in SC doesn't make you ignorant. Quite the opposite. That's why people are bailing on lib crapholes and moving to places like SC. Much more ignorant to live somewhere you constantly bash when you KNOW there are other options. THAT is ignorant.

But thanks for proving my point.
The people moving into the South are turning the South blue. Look at VA, NC and now GA.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT