ADVERTISEMENT

Women beat Duke by 20 - now that is impressive!

They looked great against Western Carolina and even better against Duke Like last year when Coates went down, coach Staley has made some excellent adjustments. The identity of the team changed without Spann on the floor. More full court press on defense and, on offense, getting the ball into the post. Jennings is starting to assert herself. It will be interesting to see what coach does when she gets more pieces.

Had to listen to the game on the radio due to work yesterday, but from what I could gather the defense was stellar.... that's a great sign especially considering Cuevas and Spann were still out with injury. Heard the guy say that Duke was the best 3 point shooting team in the ACC, and USC held them to 1-10 and didn't give their best shooter any good looks. Apparently Bianca Jackson has become a defensive stopper! That's great to hear. Hope they can get healthy in time for SEC!

Reactions: netcock
I tried to tell the nellies this team will be just fine...It's a great team, a great program with a great HBC and a lot of great players..This team will get better and better...If we can get a break and stay healthy, this team can win another National Championship

Had to listen to the game on the radio due to work yesterday, but from what I could gather the defense was stellar.... that's a great sign especially considering Cuevas and Spann were still out with injury. Heard the guy say that Duke was the best 3 point shooting team in the ACC, and USC held them to 1-10 and didn't give their best shooter any good looks. Apparently Bianca Jackson has become a defensive stopper! That's great to hear. Hope they can get healthy in time for SEC!

I hope you recorded it...I watched the replay as soon as i got home from the game...I wanted to see if they were as impressive on TV as they were live...The CLA was electric...The gamecocks were locked in for 40 minutes...It was a great performance versus a terrific team...Lexi Brown was held to 1 three...Greenwell got off only 1 three and made none...

When Bianca Jackson gets her confidence to be more assertive on offense, she will be a star...She is very talented and played like a coaches daughter...KiKi and Lele gave us great minutes off the bench...A'ja and Alexis were so dominant, Duke brought in post players just to foul and see if they could slow us down

I tried to tell the nellies this team will be just fine...It's a great team, a great program with a great HBC and a lot of great players..This team will get better and better...If we can get a break and stay healthy, this team can win another National Championship
One less Adderall is indicated.:D;)

Reactions: DrMickey

Did you see that Notre Dame challenged UCONN yesterday? It was a close game late in the 4th. Samuelson was injured again (what's up with the Samuelson's sisters and foot injuries?). UCONN doesn't look unbeatable right now. Our team just needs to keep improving and, like you say, get healthy.

Did you see that Notre Dame challenged UCONN yesterday? It was a close game late in the 4th. Samuelson was injured again (what's up with the Samuelson's sisters and foot injuries?). UCONN doesn't look unbeatable right now. Our team just needs to keep improving and, like you say, get healthy.

I recorded it and watched last night...I hate ND...But the Irish got jacked...Once ND went into the 4rth qtr up 8, the refs refused to call a foul on UCONN until there was only 37 sec lefts...There is no way any team can play 9 minutes into the 4rth qtr of a hotly contested game without fouling...It was ridiculous...The Irish got tired and missed a of good shots late...But they were the better team...

They are markedly better than we are apparently.
The ND game was not a bad loss and understandable. No back up point and starter gets in early foul trouble. Turnovers and an inability to pressure on the perimeter D. In a rematch with Cuevas we win by double digits

The ND game was not a bad loss and understandable. No back up point and starter gets in early foul trouble. Turnovers and an inability to pressure on the perimeter D. In a rematch with Cuevas we win by double digits

He prolly knows that...He posted that pretentious nonsense to see what kind of responses he could get...

If Jennings and Wilson can dominate against a zone the way they did yesterday, SC will be in a good shape. Good to see that one of the freshmen (Jackson) played really well. I'll definitely feel better once the other 2 players are back so there are more options.

I agree with poster about UCONN, if they get healthy, they have the most talent. First things first. SEC will be a bigger challenge this year having to play Missouri, Tennessee and Kentucky twice. We'll see how it shakes out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT