ADVERTISEMENT

Would you rather?

Would you rather listen to an ESPN broadcast of our game or Todd Ellis with the tv on mute?

• Total voters
I wish they would just broadcast the sounds from the stadium. I don't need to hear people rattle on, especially now, since they seem to want to talk over the football with their political opinions. Just the same noise you would hear if you were sitting in the crowd.

I voted for Todd, but if it's the ABC/ESPN prime time game, I might go with the ESPN crew, but if it's just one of the random ESPN crews covering the lesser games, I think I'd rather listen to a homer. I do like the CBS coverage, though.

Todd Blackeledge and Sean McDonough are good. Nessler and Danielson are good. I WISH Gus Johnson called SEC Games. He is the most exciting voice in football. Everyone else is cookie cutter. Todd seems like a good guy and I am grateful for all he has put forth for our university but he is NOT a Radio Play by Play man. Giving the job to Todd just because he was a good Gamecock is disappointing. Give it to someone who is good at it. I'm sure Todd could excel in another area within the university .

Reactions: howard13
I like Todd and his homerism. I went to school with him and he is a genuine nice guy. He's ten times better than that boring Charlie McAlexander we had in the lean years.

My personal opinion is Charlie Mac was 10x better than Todd. Charlie was especially good calling basketball games. "Watson Pounds it down with the right hand...."

I can’t stand listening to Todd but I hate all homer announcers . It drives me nuts for some reason . The more the homerism the more I hate it . Mick Huber and Eli Gold are the absolute worst . Much rather listen to the network guys .

I still like Todd. Not the best voice. A little goofy, sure. But he’s a gamecock. Feel the same way with the coaches show. It’s laughable at times, but I still like Todd.
I feel the same. He’s all Gamecock all the time. Tommy as well. I’d much rather listen to the call from a couple of passionate GAMECOCKS than anyone else. Well except Musberger, that night in 2012 he sounded like a Gamecock, man that was awesome!!

I can’t stand listening to Todd but I hate all homer announcers . It drives me nuts for some reason . The more the homerism the more I hate it . Mick Huber and Eli Gold are the absolute worst . Much rather listen to the network guys .
If you hate homer announcers then I guess you just watch the Gamecocks on mute huh? The reason I say that is because most of the time the broadcast is like a homer station for the team Carolina is playing.

Reactions: colafalcon
If you hate homer announcers then I guess you just watch the Gamecocks on mute huh? The reason I say that is because most of the time the broadcast is like a homer station for the team Carolina is playing.

Not sure I agree . Especially on SEC network . I think the announcers do a pretty good job calling it down the middle . I don’t know , I just don’t like it . The worst is when the coaches show is on and if we get obliterated and they only show our “Highlights” even if there were only one or two Good plays . Drives me nuts . I think the coach should have to explain why we blew a coverage or why we missed 5 tackles on one play or why our QB threw a pick right to a defender . It’s almost comical

Not sure I agree . Especially on SEC network . I think the announcers do a pretty good job calling it down the middle . I don’t know , I just don’t like it . The worst is when the coaches show is on and if we get obliterated and they only show our “Highlights” even if there were only one or two Good plays . Drives me nuts . I think the coach should have to explain why we blew a coverage or why we missed 5 tackles on one play or why our QB threw a pick right to a defender . It’s almost comical
I absolutely agree about the coaches show, would love to hear him explain some of those things.

I like Todd and his homerism. I went to school with him and he is a genuine nice guy. He's ten times better than that boring Charlie McAlexander we had in the lean years.

I like Todd Ellis better because he is a died in the wool Gamecock but I also liked Charlie Mac.

Reactions: SCexpat38
Anybody but Todd. Has to be the worst announcer in college football. Wish they would get a real professional in the job of calling games.
ANYbody but Todd, but they HAVE to be a professional... makes sense.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT