ADVERTISEMENT

Zero clemson bball players would start

Plus the best 6th man around and a freshman freak off the bench.

But really, Brownell out if no ncaat?

I was thinking the same thing Friday night. He's losing to USC, and hasn't really elevated them in the ACC.

I sat near Brownell at an Anderson University basketball game a couple of years ago. Supposedly his daughter was looking at Anderson. My daughter cheered there. He really comes across as a good guy.

Reactions: garnet4me
I was thinking the same thing Friday night. He's losing to USC, and hasn't really elevated them in the ACC.

I sat near Brownell at an Anderson University basketball game a couple of years ago. Supposedly his daughter was looking at Anderson. My daughter cheered there. He really comes across as a good guy.
Brownell is a classy guy and coach. He doesn't recruit well, and I bet he is on a hot seat.

Reactions: Rooster Louie
Program had some momentum a few years back. Seems stale lately. He does a great job at developing players but he isn't winning games.

Reactions: Rooster Louie
Brownell is a classy guy and coach. He doesn't recruit well, and I bet he is on a hot seat.

Program had some momentum a few years back. Seems stale lately. He does a great job at developing players but he isn't winning games.

His team's play tough defense. I actually like that style of ball. However, he can't seem to get the players needed to compete in the ACC.

Last edited:
I've heard he is getting a break this year because of having to play in Greenville. Will probably get a year or two in their new arena to see if that helps with recruiting.

I hope so. Frank can compete with him in state, or perhaps out recruit him. And, Brownell seems like a good guy. Probably as good as clemson can get or deserves in basketball.

Probably couldn't start for your women's team either. I hope Brownell is gone. Nice guys need to be fired sometimes.

I think he gets one more year, but he's had time to recruit & develop talent. It just hasn't really panned out. He's great between the ears, to the original posters comment... I've always thought that in order to be competitive in basketball, you have to have at least 2 guys on your team that would start for any team you play (generally speaking). Once Purnell's players graduated, Clemson has not had those two guys.

Reactions: Matte Black
I think he gets one more year, but he's had time to recruit & develop talent. It just hasn't really panned out. He's great between the ears, to the original posters comment... I've always thought that in order to be competitive in basketball, you have to have at least 2 guys on your team that would start for any team you play (generally speaking). Once Purnell's players graduated, Clemson has not had those two guys.
I'm a subscriber to this line of thinking. This post wasn't any kind of "Nana boo boo" crap mentioned earlier, I overlook that stuff because most of our fans are basketball stupid. Clemson is a team with little talent, in a conf that is strong in bball, with a coach who has put in some time and been allowed more than most. I feel like his seat should be scorching by now.

Just wait until the next 10 games are played. His seat will be so hot it will be on fire. They are 7-4 now. They will go 2-8 in next ten and it could be worse. That will put them at 9 -12. The get bitch slapped at Georgia tonight on the SECN then at UNC, games with fsu, louisville, syracuse, duke, miami, virginia, Pitt. LMAO. If ONLY the a she she was a football confrence and had these powerhouse teams.

Taters don't put the fund$ into the players like in football

I've heard he is getting a break this year because of having to play in Greenville. Will probably get a year or two in their new arena to see if that helps with recruiting.
That's about my line of thinking. It does kind of feel like their program has stalled, but he's a good guy and maybe a new arena will get things moving again. If he loses to us again and they wash out in the ACC next year, though, I think he's done for.

The really ironic thing is that Greenville probably provides more of a home-field advantage for them than Littlejohn does. There aren't a lot of people in South Carolina who will drive two hours into the middle of nowhere for a basketball game, but there are a ton who will make a twenty minute drive into a major city for one.

Kacinas couldn't sniff Blossomgames jock strap. He's one of the best players in the league.
How long did it take you to dig up a post from December?

Blossongame is playing better than he was in December, the Clemson team as a whole is playing better. They played Brownell right off of any hot seat talk in about a month.

How long did it take you to dig up a post from December?

Blossongame is playing better than he was in December, the Clemson team as a whole is playing better. They played Brownell right off of any hot seat talk in about a month.
I notice it as soon as I posted, I don't know why it was at the top of the page. I could have hit something. Thought it was new.

Blossomgame just had a very good game against Notre Dame.

30 points 6 rebounds 2 blocks

Brownell gets at least one more year. Can't hold a year with no home games in Littlejohn against him.

Reactions: citadel87
Please tell us where you came up with that first and thirty-five monicker!

Brownell may get the ACC Coach of the Year this year. To have that squad in the upper half of the conference standings is tremendous. Their team next year will look very different, with the number of transfers and new recruits coming in. I suspect they will be much better.

for the Frank. And they're in a bball conf. How hot is Brownells seat?

They beat Duke the other day. Descent class coming in too. He isn't going anywhere.

Oh and just because they are in a basketball conference doesn't mean they will be good at basketball. See Vandy in basketball.

They beat Duke the other day. Descent class coming in too. He isn't going anywhere.

Oh and just because they are in a basketball conference doesn't mean they will be good at basketball. See Vandy in basketball.
This discussion took place in December.

And I think you meant to say "vandy in football".

Brownell may get the ACC Coach of the Year this year. To have that squad in the upper half of the conference standings is tremendous. Their team next year will look very different, with the number of transfers and new recruits coming in. I suspect they will be much better.

They loose Nnoko and Roper, Blossomgame should turn pro, I'm guessing second round draft pick. There is talent coming in yes, but they will be much worse next year.

Blossomgame just had a very good game against Notre Dame.

30 points 6 rebounds 2 blocks

Brownell gets at least one more year. Can't hold a year with no home games in Littlejohn against him.
He has a couple of transfers that are sitting out this year that will be game changers next week..........So I'm told.

I still can't believe they're spending that much on Littlejohn and they're losing 1,500 seats.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT