ADVERTISEMENT

107.5 and Pearson Fowler. Viennacock, please just keep scrolling.

I agree to however you can ALWAYS take a negative outlook/opinion.

For instance USC won 6 games this year.
At one point, on 107.5, when I was listening, Pearson went on a campaign to convince people that our wins weren't good enough wins. In his superior intellect, he deemed our wins, insufficient, inadequate.
He also, at one point in the season, decided we should just stop playing. Save money. Forfeit the rest of the season.

And yes Peasrson has a right to his opinion.
I just don't think he needs to be a host on "the home of the gamecocks" for 4 hours everyday.

I have a right to my opinion as well.
I heard that monologue, and I almost ran off the road. His punch line: we were a below average 6-6 team. It was truly infuriating. Maybe they can't afford anybody else, but I cannot imagine that he plays well with the fan base.

Reactions: cockymom2boys
I stopped listening to them I switched to JB and Goldwater… JB and Darren are awesome and their show is so much better.
I like watching them on YouTube when I can. I can fast-forward through the commercials and quest I have no interest in.. I like JC and Keith when they are on.Also, the young dude talking golf, since I'm a golfer.

Just don't listen.

Some are just there to antagonize Gamecock fans. They aren't really the "Home of the Gamecocks". They pander to the taters because they know there is a large tater listening audience, and nothing makes the tater listeners happier than spinning everything Carolina into a negative. Audio click bait.

Reactions: Cocky704
I've already let it be known what I think about Pearson. He's a know-it-all, arrogant, little twerp. I headed out to lunch today at around 12:30 today and was yelling at my radio within 5 minutes because of his incredibly negative attitude. It was all about the negative consequences of yesterday's commitments. I'm afraid that he's rubbing off on Patrick. I headed home shortly after 1. Phil was trying to be positive, but Pearson was doing everything he could to rain on the parade. They need to tell this creep to go elsewhere. Somewhere that a Furman BA degree will earn you a living.
I agree 💯.
It is ridiculous.
I t stopped listening several weeks ago from 12-4.
I love USC sports and would listen while I walk my dogs, in the car, do house work, etc. ( I stopped working almost 3 years ago.)
But I can't listen to Pearson.

Just don't listen.

Some are just there to antagonize Gamecock fans. They aren't really the "Home of the Gamecocks". They pander to the taters because they know there is a large tater listening audience, and nothing makes the tater listeners happier than spinning everything Carolina into a negative. Audio click bait.
As I've said, I have stoped listening for 4 hours.
I turned it on yesterday 15 minutes early to listen to Heath' s show.

Reactions: GoCocksFight2021
I stopped listening to them I switched to JB and Goldwater… JB and Darren are awesome and their show is so much better.
i must live under a rock. thank you for the info about jb and goldwater. i stopped the 107.5 awhile ago because that station is not the home of the gamecocks.

i listened to the jb and goldwater show yesterday and at the end of the show couldn't wait until today to listen to them i believe at 12 noon.

Reactions: GVLGamecock04
i must live under a rock. thank you for the info about jb and goldwater. i stopped the 107.5 awhile ago because that station is not the home of the gamecocks.

i listened to the jb and goldwater show yesterday and at the end of the show couldn't wait until today to listen to them i believe at 12 noon.
You bet! yes... 12-2 Monday - Friday.

I have no idea how you people listen to sports talk radio. 3 minutes of inane commentary followed by 10 min of commercials for local businesses.

“After the break…”
Haha.

I don't watch daytime tv so, for me, I just have it in the background while I do other things.

Reactions: leftneck
I really don't listen anymore to 107.5 but Pearson is just young. It is what it is.

He doesn't have a huge reference base of Gamecock history to call on when discussing some things and it shows. That's the bad part about having someone so young on such a show.

I like someone with contrarian views. But having such views requires real skill and talent to make it come off smoothly, unforced, and in such a manner where you don't just alienate nearly everyone and it comes across as being contrary for the sake of just taking a different opinion. That's not a skill Pearson has at the current time. That doesn't mean he won't develop that skill. It takes time and not everyone can do it. A lot of very good hosts can't do it. Pearson probably could, in time.

I actually liked him when I've heard him. I think he'd be a really solid "3rd" on a show. His lack of experience at the current time doesn't lend itself well to hosting at noon or being a 2nd on an afternoon show.

I have no idea how you people listen to sports talk radio. 3 minutes of inane commentary followed by 10 min of commercials for local businesses.

“After the break…”
I'd love to know the breakdown each hour. That's the biggest reason I rarely listen, besides the fact that only Heath comes across as a true professional. Between the actual ad breaks and the on-air promos by the hosts, I would bet the ad to discussion breakdown is 50/50.

Management won’t care if you just contact them alone. Controversy drives listening.

If you want to have any shot at effecting change, figure out who is advertising during the 1-4 show and reach out to those businesses directly. Let them know you will be boycotting them on the basis of their support for the show, and copy Cumulus Media management. Otherwise it’s just spitting in the wind.

As a reminder, this tactic worked in getting Ron Morris reassigned when enough people told Jewelry Warehouse they wouldn’t shop there any longer b/c of their advertising in The State, and JW then pulled their ads. People whined nonstop about Morris for years on end, but targeting the advertising is what actually got him off our beat.

As a reminder, this tactic worked in getting Ron Morris reassigned when enough people told Jewelry Warehouse they wouldn’t shop there any longer b/c of their advertising in The State, and JW then pulled their ads. People whined nonstop about Morris for years on end, but targeting the advertising is what actually got him off our beat.

^^^THIS.

Management won’t care if you just contact them alone. Controversy drives listening.

If you want to have any shot at effecting change, figure out who is advertising during the 1-4 show and reach out to those businesses directly. Let them know you will be boycotting them on the basis of their support for the show, and copy Cumulus Media management. Otherwise it’s just spitting in the wind.

I'm not the biggest fan of Pearson or the morning show (never listen to the morning show and rarely the afternoon shows), but intentionally trying to get them fired seems a bit excessive. They're not *that* bad.

Reactions: Scooter2001
Fwiw I just spoke to the program director.
May not do any good but at least I did something. I really am hopeful, for the 1st time since Spurrier, that we have a chance at developing a positive program at USC. We don't need "the home of the Gamecocks" undermining that. I don't expect homers, but I do expect fairness and it's my opinion we don't get that from Pearson.
If anyone wants the program director's name/number let me know.
I'm not going to post it on here but I'm sure we can figure out a way to pm.

As I've said, I have stoped listening for 4 hours.
I turned it on yesterday 15 minutes early to listen to Heath' s show.

Sorry. I wasn't directing that at you personally. It was more of a suggestion to everybody. No way we should have to listen to some of that stupidity on the "home of the Gamecocks".

I'm not the biggest fan of Pearson or the morning show (never listen to the morning show and rarely the afternoon shows), but intentionally trying to get them fired seems a bit excessive. They're not *that* bad.
I'm not intentionally trying to get "them" fired.
Just trying to get 1 person to stop spewing his negativity on "home of the Gamecocks."
Whether or not he decides to reduce his negative outlook is totally up to him.

That's an incredibly spiteful thing to do to a lot of hard working local business owners just because you're so insecure about your own opinions that you can't handle someone disagreeing with you

No interest in seeing anyone fired. But I am well and truly sick of local media feasting on their ability to support themselves through ginning-up the fan base with a relentlessly negative bias on USC. It’s a tried and true approach around here; has been for decades dating back to Herman Helms.

And so do you, continue to sing the same ole song. Maybe you should try a different one.
We get it, you DO like Pearson.
What I can't understand is why you keep reading my posts, and commenting on them.
Do us both a favor and use the ignore button on me.
You are initiating all these Pearson post, not me. You have a vendetta against him. I am simply defending him because I disagree with view of Pearson.

You are initiating all these Pearson post, not me. You have a vendetta against him. I am simply defending him because I disagree with view of Pearson.
I certainly have NO vendetta against Pearson.
You don't know me at all.
But just like you defend Pearson's right to voice his opinion, I have a right to voice mine.

I certainly have NO vendetta against Pearson.
You don't know me at all.
But just like you defend Pearson's right to voice his opinion, I have a right to voice mine.
You have shouted from the mountain top. I think everyone understands your vendetta. Time to move on. Suggestion- avoid the temptation of listening so that you can avoid starting additional threads.

Last edited:
You have shouted from the mountain top. I think everyone understands your vendetta. Time to move on. Suggestion- avoid the temptation of listening so that you can avoid starting additional threads.
Once again, so have you. Everyone understands you support Pearson. Time for you to stop commenting on my threads.
Thank you for your suggestion but I'm curious as if you have a reading comprehension problem. I HAVE stopped listening to Pearson, including today, right now. I listened to recruiting day coverage thru 12p with no complaint. In fact, I've never complained about any other radio personality in Columbia. EVER.

So take your own advice. Avoid the temptation of commenting on my threads.

Reactions: WingchunCock
No interest in seeing anyone fired. But I am well and truly sick of local media feasting on their ability to support themselves through ginning-up the fan base with a relentlessly negative bias on USC. It’s a tried and true approach around here; has been for decades dating back to Herman Helms.
Well, in his defense, old Herman pretty much never witnessed a single positive development with our football program. Maybe the 1969 ACC title when we lost four games lol. Can't blame him too much for reporting reality.

That's an incredibly spiteful thing to do to a lot of hard working local business owners just because you're so insecure about your own opinions that you can't handle someone disagreeing with you

You don't get it. Keep on trolling with your negative bias. I for one have stopped listening to 107.5 because of you and know plenty of others.

Would like for the station to do something, you're worse to me than MarcRyanOnAir.

No need to have someone who is not a Carolina fan working as part of "The Home of the Gamecocks" , especially one that gets more comments and replies on twitter from Clemson fans agreeing with him than Carolina fans.

You can also be objective, not a a sunshine pumper. There are plenty of people that are that, the JB podcast is quite well at it.

I don't want to hear or talk about Carolina football from someone who is active about how he isn't a fan of the school.

@Pearson Fowler

Last edited:
Shoe could supply a link to some of his staffs’ pod casts and pay Shoe for the right to broadcast it.

The type of reply we all expected from you. It's not a disagreement, we don't believe you're being honest.

It's not about a difference in opinions. It's about your attitude, your hyperbole and and your utter contempt from anyone that is not you.

1. You pat yourself on the back for having "no feelings" for Carolina. It's not a matter of you embracing a journalistic attitude of being impartial, it's a matter of you conveying it as moral superiority.
2. You talk about how much you don't care about any input from the listeners because the only input you care about is from your family or people in the industry you respect. I mean screw the people that actually give you ratings.
3. You revel in basking in the role as an intellectual contrarian, always trying to take the unpopular view. You even joke about how much you entertain your friends by purposely irritating other people. If you want to be Howie Hottake, then why don't you move to another market and start working like the CBS and ESPN guys to just run zero sum game radio.
4. Your over-the-top takes: (1) equating that the Satterfield pass play against Tennessee was as bad as a coach who used racial slurs; (2) chastising Beamer for using the word "narrative" and then bragging about how much you work on mastering the English language as a point to emphasize how Beamer should emulate you and retire words you don't like; (3) saying that a Championship Committee member "wasn't even using a single brain cell" when he said Notre Dame would be less valuable without Kelly. Preston corrected you but you doubled-down on it; (4) the absolute glee you seemed to have with today de-commit and Maryland signing; and (5) the worst of all - "Brent Johnson taught me" that if 50% people feel you're too hard and 50% think you're soft means you're doing a great job as if being the Angel Hernandez of sports radio is a good thing.
5. You try and find a way to talk about the NBA all the time. Dan Patrick is on right before and has actual NFL insider guests but then you downplay actual local events to talk about your own NBA opinions -- most people don't care. I know your not a fan of any team and only players but we kind of have the opposite thing going on around here.

In all, we think you're all about you. The reason many people like Heath is because they think he's trying to bring you information or have you think about something. The reason many people don't feel the same way about you is because you seem to just love the sound of your own voice. You were supposed to be the engineer from 1-4 but somehow you parlayed that into trying to talk as much as the actual hosts -- now you get second billing.

Many of us only have a few minutes, etc., during the day and turn the radio on to hear some news and when we hear you those few moments are soured. You don't care what we thing and won't change, the station keeps giving you more and more power. So, aside from going after the advertisers what do you suggest we do to take the station back?

Last edited:

I don't listen, mainly because of your negativity, but I want to be fair to you and ask you what said that about us being 0-8 when we were really 4-4?

Why do yall worry about Pearson says? It isn't like recruits or anyone in college listens to sports radio. It is an outlet for older adults. Pearson isn't Kornblut, Rick Henry, Heath, or anyone else in the Midlands who has spent years earning the respect of those around them.

Pearson is just a young guy trying to make a living in an industry that is struggling. More and more advertisers leave radio every year so I don't think you need to contact a bunch of them to put a poor guy in the streets

Reactions: PC31
Why do yall worry about Pearson says? It isn't like recruits or anyone in college listens to sports radio. It is an outlet for older adults. Pearson isn't Kornblut, Rick Henry, Heath, or anyone else in the Midlands who has spent years earning the respect of those around them.

Pearson is just a young guy trying to make a living in an industry that is struggling. More and more advertisers leave radio every year so I don't think you need to contact a bunch of them to put a poor guy in the streets

Because this whole new wave of "Reaction" radio hosts is crap.

107.5 is actively losing listeners and it removes a portion of the fanbase from being up to date or even fans that relies on sports radio to hear about whats going on and get excited about their team.

He might "make a living" from doing this, but it is detrimental to USC & 107.5. That's it.

4. Your over-the-top takes: (1) equating that the Satterfield pass play against Tennessee was as bad as a coach who used racial slurs; (2) chastising Beamer for using the word "narrative" and then bragging about how much you work on mastering the English language as a point to emphasize how Beamer should emulate you and retire words you don't like; (3) saying that a Championship Committee member "wasn't even using a single brain cell" when he said Notre Dame would be less valuable without Kelly. Preston corrected you but you doubled-down on it; (4) the absolute glee you seemed to have with today de-commit and Maryland signing; and (5) the worst of all - "Brent Johnson taught me" that if 50% people feel you're too hard and 50% think you're soft means you're doing a great job as if being the Angel Hernandez of sports radio is a good thing.

What? You have to be kidding me. There has to be some misunderstanding.

Maybe he will explain that and the 0-8 comment.

Like I said, I don't listen, but is it true what Rileycock said? That you said the Satterfield pass play against Tennessee was as bad as a coach who used racial slurs?

Is that true?

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you one easy way, for Christmas, to avoid radio hosts like Pearson or Patrick who clearly like to throw out opinion as if it is fact…It’s called SiriusXM. Ask Santa for it. Aside from listening to Heath, it’s a great way to stay informed and listen to real sports stations across the country.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT