ADVERTISEMENT

107.5 and Pearson Fowler. Viennacock, please just keep scrolling.

The type of reply we all expected from you. It's not a disagreement, we don't believe you're being honest.

It's not about a difference in opinions. It's about your attitude, your hyperbole and and your utter contempt from anyone that is not you.

1. You pat yourself on the back for having "no feelings" for Carolina. It's not a matter of you embracing a journalistic attitude of being impartial, it's a matter of you conveying it as moral superiority.
2. You talk about how much you don't care about any input from the listeners because the only input you care about is from your family or people in the industry you respect. I mean screw the people that actually give you ratings.
3. You revel in basking in the role as an intellectual contrarian, always trying to take the unpopular view. You even joke about how much you entertain your friends by purposely irritating other people. If you want to be Howie Hottake, then why don't you move to another market and start working like the CBS and ESPN guys to just run zero sum game radio.
4. Your over-the-top takes: (1) equating that the Satterfield pass play against Tennessee was as bad as a coach who used racial slurs; (2) chastising Beamer for using the word "narrative" and then bragging about how much you work on mastering the English language as a point to emphasize how Beamer should emulate you and retire words you don't like; (3) saying that a Championship Committee member "wasn't even using a single brain cell" when he said Notre Dame would be less valuable without Kelly. Preston corrected you but you doubled-down on it; (4) the absolute glee you seemed to have with today de-commit and Maryland signing; and (5) the worst of all - "Brent Johnson taught me" that if 50% people feel you're too hard and 50% think you're soft means you're doing a great job as if being the Angel Hernandez of sports radio is a good thing.
5. You try and find a way to talk about the NBA all the time. Dan Patrick is on right before and has actual NFL insider guests but then you downplay actual local events to talk about your own NBA opinions -- most people don't care. I know your not a fan of any team and only players but we kind of have the opposite thing going on around here.

In all, we think you're all about you. The reason many people like Heath is because they think he's trying to bring you information or have you think about something. The reason many people don't feel the same way about you is because you seem to just love the sound of your own voice. You were supposed to be the engineer from 1-4 but somehow you parlayed that into trying to talk as much as the actual hosts -- now you get second billing.

Many of us only have a few minutes, etc., during the day and turn the radio on to hear some news and when we hear you those few moments are soured. You don't care what we thing and won't change, the station keeps giving you more and more power. So, aside from going after the advertisers what do you suggest we do to take the station back?
Amen.Amen.Amen. Excellent post!

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you one easy way, for Christmas, to avoid radio hosts like Pearson or Patrick who clearly like to throw out opinion as if it is fact…It’s called SiriusXM. Ask Santa for it. Aside from listening to Heath, it’s a great way to stay informed and listen to real sports stations across the country.
I have it. What channel do you recommend? None of them talk about the Gamecocks IIRC.

Because this whole new wave of "Reaction" radio hosts is crap.

107.5 is actively losing listeners and it removes a portion of the fanbase from being up to date or even fans that relies on sports radio to hear about whats going on and get excited about their team.

He might "make a living" from doing this, but it is detrimental to USC & 107.5. That's it.

How is it detrimental to USC? Seriously, what data do you have to know that the thoughts of a young radio host with little following hurts Carolina? It isn't as if this is Finebaum who has thousands of listeners across the United States.

You are talking about a guy that is on air mid day at a time only the most rabid of Gamecock fans or lonely old men are listening. What Pearson says does nothing to hurt USC. It is just a random guy and his opinion

No need to have someone who is not a Carolina fan working as part of "The Home of the Gamecocks" , especially one that gets more comments and replies on twitter from Clemson fans agreeing with him than Carolina fans.

You can also be objective, not a a sunshine pumper. There are plenty of people that are that, the JB podcast is quite well at it.

I don't want to hear or talk about Carolina football from someone who is active about how he isn't a fan of the school.

@Pearson Fowler
I think this is the key. I don't want to get pro-USC propaganda from the radio where only positive coverage is allowed. I don't need the hosts to be Gamecock Larry with an almost irrational positive view of Carolina. But neither do I want the constant negative spin on everything, which i believe is your complaint here.

I don't think being a Carolina fan should be a requirement. Heath doesn't hide the fact he's a Colorado fan, but he's extremely objective. He comes across fair, no matter whether that ultimately is positive or negative to the university.

I think this is the key. I don't want to get pro-USC propaganda from the radio where only positive coverage is allowed. I don't need the hosts to be Gamecock Larry with an almost irrational positive view of Carolina. But neither do I want the constant negative spin on everything, which i believe is your complaint here.

I don't think being a Carolina fan should be a requirement. Heath doesn't hide the fact he's a Colorado fan, but he's extremely objective. He comes across fair, no matter whether that ultimately is positive or negative to the university.
Have you listened to Pearson's show, just out of curiosity?
I agree the hosts don't have to be a Carolina fan. I love Heath and he is very open about being a Colorado fan.

Have you listened to Pearson's show, just out of curiosity?
I agree the hosts don't have to be a Carolina fan. I love Heath and he is very open about being a Colorado fan.
I have, but not a lot. I agree with many of the negative complaints posited here and just don't turn it on. Honestly, I don't even listen to Heath much anymore. There's just way too many commercials.

Reactions: cockymom2boys
That's an incredibly spiteful thing to do to a lot of hard working local business owners just because you're so insecure about your own opinions that you can't handle someone disagreeing with you

You aren't "disagreeing". You are obsessively negative to the point of clear bias.

Like I said in the another thread, when you choose to be the turd in the punch bowl, don't cry when people call you a turd and try to dump you in the toilet. Has nothing to do with being "insecure" and everything to do with people universally not liking turds.

Last edited:
I have, but not a lot. I agree with many of the negative complaints posited here and just don't turn it on. Honestly, I don't even listen to Heath much anymore. There's just way too many commercials.

One thing I will say about Heath is that he is prepared and treats the people and the programs he discusses fairly. Gets a little preachy sometimes, but who in media isn't these days.

Day after day, week after week, the one thing you count on if you're a football coach at South Carolina is a bucket of hostility from the Midlands media.

Day after day, week after week, the one thing you count on if you're a football coach at South Carolina is a bucket of hostility from the Midlands media.

Yeah, it's amazing. You don't see this at Clemson, that's for sure. Only we get that kind of treatment.

I don't like boycotts, but at minimum the advertisers should be aware of what they are funding. I don't think some have a clue.

Last edited:
My son told me that someone posted this post on Twitter and called me a "Karen."
I can't verify this because I don't have a Twitter acct. But the source is my son so I certainly believe him lol.

It amuses me greatly that any woman who has an opinion, no matter how politely she communicates the opinion, is labeled a "Karen" by some. ( I do think I was polite in most of my responses on this thread.)

Also I'm assuming the person who posted it on Twitter is one of the minority on here who have encouraged me to "move on.". Once again, too bad he doesn't take his own advice.

So, whoever took this time to post this on Twitter, thank you. You provided much amusement to my son and me. He knows his mountain climbing, kayaking, backpacking, road cycling, gamecock loving, nurse mom is pretty cool already. Now I can add Twitter fame to that.

My son told me that someone posted this post on Twitter and called me a "Karen."
I can't verify this because I don't have a Twitter acct. But the source is my son so I certainly believe him lol.

It amuses me greatly that any woman who has an opinion, no matter how politely she communicates the opinion, is labeled a "Karen" by some. ( I do think I was polite in most of my responses on this thread.)

Also I'm assuming the person who posted it on Twitter is one of the minority on here who have encouraged me to "move on.". Once again, too bad he doesn't take his own advice.

So, whoever took this time to post this on Twitter, thank you. You provided much amusement to my son and me. He knows his mountain climbing, kayaking, backpacking, road cycling, gamecock loving, nurse mom is pretty cool already. Now I can add Twitter fame to that.
I know there are extremes but it’s pretty annoying that as women we can’t speak our minds these days. I wonder what the male equivalent of a Karen is…

So u see it as a good thing?
Anyway Pearson wasn't referring to a 6 win season as a good thing.
As I said, he referred to himself as the "rain cloud of USC sports "

And u didn't answer my question about is today the day to be negative, in your opinion?
Pearson is immature and that "rain cloud" label he gives himself is a perfect example.

So u see it as a good thing?
Anyway Pearson wasn't referring to a 6 win season as a good thing.
As I said, he referred to himself as the "rain cloud of USC sports "

And u didn't answer my question about is today the day to be negative, in your opinion?
You're wasting your time. @uscwatson21 is negative about everything. Jesus could return and he'd find fault with him.

Ikr. But IMHO we need to make an issue of this situation. Coach Beamer is trying to change the culture. That's hard to do when you are being undermined by the hometown radio station. No it doesn't have to be 💯 positive but Pearson is brutally negative.
I'll give Dabo credit for shutting down radio people in the upstate who weren't supportive.

You have shouted from the mountain top. I think everyone understands your vendetta. Time to move on. Suggestion- avoid the temptation of listening so that you can avoid starting additional threads.
It's not your place to tell her what to do.

My son also saw the Twitter post about this thread reposted on the Big Spur. I'm getting famous lol. Seriously, whoever took this time to make a post on Twitter AND the Big Spur, no words. I'm not a member on the Big Sour so I haven't seen either. I'll probably get him to show me when he comes home for Christmas.

Reactions: Kitchenlabs
As it is not your place or her place to tell me what to do (refer to subject line).
The subject line said for YOU to stay out of it. She also requested that you put her on ignore. Again, after her very clear request you think you're entitled.🙄

The subject line said for YOU to stay out of it. She also requested that you put her on ignore. Again, after her very clear request you think you're entitled.🙄
Exactly cowboy. It's not her place or your place to tell me what to do. Sorry dude. Me thinks the pot is calling the kettle black.

But mcbear is correct.

Also, notice the only thing that got a response. He doesn't defend, not even once, anything he has said. Never even took on post to explain some of his comments. The only thing he cared enough to respond to threat to boycott and force businesses to pull ads.

That says a lot. I personally don't like that tactic, but it was the only thing that got rid of Morris. It's already hard enough being a Gamecock fans without some media jackass poking you in the eye every day to get attention and make a buck on the station that is supposed to be the Home of the Gamecocks. Like I said, I bet most advertisers don't realize what they are sometimes funding.

But mcbear is correct.

Also, notice the only thing that got a response. He doesn't defend, not even once, anything he has said. Never even took on post to explain some of his comments. The only thing he cared enough to respond to threat to boycott and force businesses to pull ads.

That says a lot. I personally don't like that tactic, but it was the only thing that got rid of Morris. It's already hard enough being a Gamecock fans without some media jackass poking you in the eye every day to get attention and make a buck on the station that is supposed to be the Home of the Gamecocks. Like I said, I bet most advertisers don't realize what they are sometimes funding.
He is too young to even be aware of Ron Morris and what caused the whole jewelry Warehouse scenario.

He is too young to even be aware of Ron Morris and what caused the whole jewelry Warehouse scenario.

The difference is people still were reading newspapers and Ron Morris was the biggest name at The State. This is 2021 and people don't listen to mid day radio in advertisers target demo.

The advertisers you hear on 107.5 are mostly advertisers who sign deals to be on all the Cumulus Networks. They aren't really worried about what someone on a mid day sports show says

The difference is people still were reading newspapers and Ron Morris was the biggest name at The State. This is 2021 and people don't listen to mid day radio in advertisers target demo.

The advertisers you hear on 107.5 are mostly advertisers who sign deals to be on all the Cumulus Networks. They aren't really worried about what someone on a mid day sports show says
You have a short memory. Tommy Moody, Benji Norton, and Bob Shields were all let go/reassigned because of low ratings and local complaints. The same can happen to Pearson.

You have a short memory. Tommy Moody, Benji Norton, and Bob Shields were all let go/reassigned because of low ratings and local complaints. The same can happen to Pearson.

Those 3 were together for 9 years. Ratings had nothing to do with it as Brent Johnson said. They made 98.5 a classic rock station which was a natural fit for Benji. Tommy stayed on 107.5 and Bob's health battles were starting.

Also, that was 5 years ago when radio had a lot more of a pull than it does today. The explosion of podcasts over the last few years and radio advertisers dwindling has changed things a lot. People don't listen to sports talk radio like they used to and Pearson is honestly a nobody that I am shocked anyone is concerned about

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT