ADVERTISEMENT

3rd and 3 and Roper goes for a long pass

7 pts against La Tech is inexcusable

I don't care how many starters are out. We have too 30-40 talent.

We should score at least in high twenties

Defense is ok. Need players

Offense is in shambles and I feel bad for these kids because they are being put in a position to lose by a complete bust at OC

Coaches will say it was an RPO. And that Bentley chose that. Another way to escape blame

In that situation, I don't mind taking the shot. Pull in the D on play action and take a shot. You hit it, great. You miss it, you punt. It's intercepted, if the route is deep enough it is just like a punt. There was still 7-8 minutes on the clock.

3rd and three and down in the game is not the time to gamble throwing a deep ball. Have the tight end and whatever other big bodied wr go 5 yards, hook, and drill the ball into their stomach. Go deep on first down, or 2nd and 4 or less. Also, we gotta start using the middle of the field more. College LBS do not get back in pass protection fast enough and the 12-15 middle pass is always open. You can pick up big chunks of yardage there all day long

I posted this about Kurt Roper and I just see where the guy is a great offensive coordinator in the past at Duke...

2008 Co-offensive coord. Kurt Roper & Luke team was 4-8

2009 Co-offensive coord. Kurt Roper & Luke team was 5-7

2010 Co-offensive coord. Kurt Roper & Luke team was 3-9

2011 Co-offensive coord. Kurt Roper & Luke team was 3-9

2012 Offensive coord. Kurt Roper team was 6-7

2013 Co-offensive coord. Kurt Roper & Scottie Montgomery team was 10-4

2014 Offensive coord. Scottie Montgomery team was 9-4

2015 Offensive coord. Scottie Montgomery team was 8-5

2016 Offensive coord. Zac Roper team was 4-8

2017 Offensive coord. Zac Roper team was 4-0 so far...

Reactions: drawplay000
Mdsalt, if the middle window is always open, then why does anyone run anything else? What about our offense has given you the confidence to think that 3 yards was a given? Fact is, Smith was open. He turned inside looking for the ball but it was thrown outside. Who is to blame , I don't know. Different coaches teach it different ways. Usually if there is help over the top it is thrown to the outside and away from the S. if there is no help it is thrown inside to give more room to go get it. Either way, it was there and we didn't execute. Again not a fan of Roper, but with 7 min left, I have no issues. And I for one am glad we finally started stretching the field.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT