ADVERTISEMENT

40% of Gas Stations Are Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have yet to find a station that was slap out of gas- closest I have come was just now when the station I filled up at only had regular/ 87… That is what I buy anyway so 🤷‍♂️
Don’t go to Columbia or Sumter then. All you see is empty gas stations with caution tape blocking off the pumps. One of the few stations with gas is directing traffic that’s out into the highway. It’s bad in this area.

I first had shingles in my 20's, again in my 30's, and yet again in my late 50's. Each time I was diagnosed by a doctor and told it is inaccurate that you can only have shingles once as most people believe.

My doctor told me a new two shot shingles vaccine, that was much more effective than what is available today, was on the horizon but had to be placed on the proverbial back burner due to Covid.

Don’t go to Columbia or Sumter then. All you see is empty gas stations with caution tape blocking off the pumps. One of the few stations with gas is directing traffic that’s out into the highway. It’s bad in this area.
I am in Columbia and have not seen any stations/pumps closed yet nor have I seen excessive lines. I got gas the other night in Luggoff, and earlier today right in downtown Columbia… Where did you see all that?

You know I kind of understand that . My problem is filling up an entire truck bed while other are simply trying to fill up so they can get their family to safety . Nothing brings out the worst in mankind than watching folks at a Texaco or Circle K a few days before a landfall .
Yeah luckily as soon as you can out of immediate coastal area all the gas stations have gas. Honestly I don’t remember Beaufort running out of gas but we’re not a big city.

My doctor told me a new two shot shingles vaccine, that was much more effective than what is available today, was on the horizon but had to be placed on the proverbial back burner due to Covid.
There is a new one being advertised....supposed to be more effective than the old one. And it is effective for 5 years. Shingrix and it is a 2-shot vaccine.

I had the old one. Need to go get the new one.

Don't know if that is the one you are talking about.

There is a new one being advertised....supposed to be more effective than the old one. And it is effective for 5 years. Shingrix and it is a 2-shot vaccine.

I had the old one. Need to go get the new one.

Don't know if that is the one you are talking about.

Kind of sounds like the one my doctor was telling me about.

Reactions: rogue cock
My daughter went to Chick Fil A Monday, they were OUT of Nuggets (Chick fil A).. I went to Bojangles yesterday, they were out of Supremes. My wife went to Food Lion Saturday and couldnt buy chicken wings.. But hey, Maybe they were all a Coincidence..
The chicke nugget making machine thingy blowed a hammie...no shortage.

Shingles vaccine is for people over 50 that have had chicken pox. People who have had shingles can tell you it is a terrible thing.
Oh, for sure. My dad had them when he was in his mid-60s and it was awful. For about 3 weeks, he couldn't even bear to wear a shirt and he continued to have "sensitivity" on his chest and back for months. I guarantee you if you asked him whether he would rather deal with covid or shingles, he would choose covid. Oddly enough, he is fully vaccinated for covid but has never followed through on getting the shingles vaccine.

185930728_1511900782478794_7819757472711461878_n.png

That’s only part of the equation. I won’t lecture. Instead I’ll ask a question. What was the root cause of oil prices crashing?
The prices were crashing because demand was being reduced and Russia and OPEC were in a pissing contest over oil pricing.

However that doesn’t change the incorrect position of the poster I was responding to or that the prior administration actively negotiated to increase gas prices for consumers.

Reactions: mavcock
The prices were crashing because demand was being reduced and Russia and OPEC were in a pissing contest over oil pricing.

However that doesn’t change the incorrect position of the poster I was responding to or that the prior administration actively negotiated to increase gas prices for consumers.
Again I’m not saying you’re wrong. And your point in your answer is also part of the equation. As was our oil independence. That was a contributing factor to the Russia/OPEC points you mentioned.

Being the most important commodity in the world, it’s a complex situation. As long as our oil independence is included as a contributing factor I can agree with your points.

I drive by about 15 gas stations on the way to work and back. Only seen 2 with long lines the rest people casually buying gas
Wow! I drive from Gilbert to West Columbia daily and pass 19 stations. Over the last three days all but one or two were out of gas including this morning. On two trips all were out of gas in the afternoon. I did manage to get gas this morning at the Circle K across from the library in Lex. It and the Murphy by I-20 had gas. Lines were not long so hopefully people are over panicking. I waited to get gas until I was below a 1/4 tank. The other two Murphys I pass were out as well as all the other gas stations.

And a 63% approval rate better that he one term twice impeached former president.
Another “poll” huh. It’s funny the lengths folks will go to to try to rationalize and convince themselves of what they want to believe, or what they are told to believe. That “approval rating” is like saying skies are clear as the rain drips off your nose and the lightening flashes overhead. 0-2 on the juvenile impeachment attempts also.

Just drove in the sunoco off two notch coming from downtown and the cheap way both have gas and no line

What part of town are you in? Because not really seeing it where I am (Downtown and St. Andrews). I do know all the Irmo/Ballentine/Chapin stations were hit or miss Tuesday, and Lexington proper is a mad house. But otherwise it does not seem as bad as other cities. What I've found is most are out of 87 and diesel, but have mid-grade and premium. I ended up getting mid-grade Tuesday when I needed to fill up. My car with 160K miles on it probably thinks it's in heaven LOL.

Wow! I drive from Gilbert to West Columbia daily and pass 19 stations. Over the last three days all but one or two were out of gas including this morning. On two trips all were out of gas in the afternoon. I did manage to get gas this morning at the Circle K across from the library in Lex. It and the Murphy by I-20 had gas. Lines were not long so hopefully people are over panicking. I waited to get gas until I was below a 1/4 tank. The other two Murphys I pass were out as well as all the other gas stations.
OK...are they out of all gas, or just out of 87? I'm finding people say stations are completely out, when in reality they are only out of 87.

WAIT thats Imppossible.. "gamecocklifer" said gas was everywhere... Hell he made it sdoung like galons of Gas were being discarded because of abundance taking up space in Pumps..
I literally just drove by 5 stations with gas in the Northeast area

Reactions: Dizzy01
OK...are they out of all gas, or just out of 87? I'm finding people say stations are completely out, when in reality they are only out of 87.
Bags on pumps. No one getting gas. Ones with gas had most/all pumps in use. Lines were much shorter today at the two stations with gas. So hopefully panic buying is letting up. There were probably other stations that had gas that were not along my route to work.

Reactions: USCBatgirl21
that will piss off any sane person....fact.
I went to sonic in Chapin the other day for the new strawberry cheesecake blast and they said they were out of cheesecake bites. This is getting out of hand. We, in America, cannot survive without our cheesecake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT