ADVERTISEMENT

92.7 FM. Johnston

nikolas22

Dec 2, 2013
Has anyone heard that it is going off the air? We get the USC football and basketball games on there, Sports Talk, etc. Someone on my local Facebook site posted they were stopping next week. Hope that is wrong!

Last edited:
Haven't heard anything about that. I listen to Sports Talk on there and I know they normally do Strom Thurmond High School football games in the fall

Can't post a link but a quick Google search says someone did by the station and looks to change the format to religious programming

Last edited:
My station in North Augusta as well. Normally games are blocked when trying to stream so not sure how to listen now.

Reactions: nikolas22
South Carolina – The Power Foundation has filed an $180,000 deal to buy oldies WKSX-FM, Johnston, SC (92.7) from Edgefield-Saluda Radio Co. The Power Foundation owns the gospel “The Life FM” network which it is expected to install on WKSX-FM. The station serves the Augusta, GA market. Broker: Mark Jorgeson

Gonna miss Frank Davis on WKSX. He's been a long time Gamecock club member (I bought season tickets from him one year). He does a lot of local advertising on WKSX and is reason the Carolina games and Sportstalk were broadcasted on there.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
I've listened to that station for over 30 years. Me and my dad would listen to sports talk with Kornblut every evening together. Feels like part of my life is being taken away.

Reactions: Wjmfour1 and PC31
You live in Johnston? Surprised any signal gets there. My cell phone gives me the middle finger going through there.

You live in Johnston? Surprised any signal gets there. My cell phone gives me the middle finger going through there.
Ha I drive thru Johnston about 4 times a month and get little phone reception too. That radio signal from the station is quite strong though. You can easily pick it up in Aiken and I've been on I-20 almost to Columbia and have been able to hear it.

Reactions: nikolas22
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT