ADVERTISEMENT

ACC 12-1 in the tourney so far...

at the risk of repeating myself... "Deserve" or "not deserve" should be irrelevant. You're either in based on subjective criteria or you're out. Take the politics out of it.
LMAO< yeah right.. So 24 wins isnt enough, I disagree with it NOT BEING biased.... Is it fair?? NO, Is it Unbiased NO... is it the way it is and always will be, YES!

LMAO< yeah right.. So 24 wins isnt enough, I disagree with it NOT BEING biased.... Is it fair?? NO, Is it Unbiased NO... is it the way it is and always will be, YES!
Actually, I was making a case to take the bias out of it. It is totally biased and objective who on the bubble gets in... and then where teams get seeded. If there were some hard criteria for getting in, the kids who lay it on the line day after day wouldn't have to wonder whether somebody on a committee thinks they did enough. Does it need to be this way and should it stay this way? Absolutely not.

Reactions: cockofdawn
at the risk of repeating myself... "Deserve" or "not deserve" should be irrelevant. You're either in based on subjective criteria or you're out. Take the politics out of it.
And we could have easily been in over a couple teams, but after watching the first two rounds I think the committee got it right. You could have put us in over Tulsa or Vandy, but frankly I think St. Mary's and Monmouth deserved bids over us so I'll repeat myself in saying that I think the committee got it right.

And we could have easily been in over a couple teams, but after watching the first two rounds I think the committee got it right. You could have put us in over Tulsa or Vandy, but frankly I think St. Mary's and Monmouth deserved bids over us so I'll repeat myself in saying that I think the committee got it right.
No way Vandy should have been in over SC.. SC had better record (24 wins vs 19 wins), Finished Higher in SEC and Beat Vandy head to head,, so they in Fact DID Not get it right..

No way Vandy should have been in over SC.. SC had better record (24 wins vs 19 wins), Finished Higher in SEC and Beat Vandy head to head,, so they in Fact DID Not get it right..

I think we were more deserving than Vandy base on resume, but I don't believe we're playing any better than them at the end of the season. So I don't know...could you imagine what the fallout would have been around here if we had lost to Wichita State by 20 in the play-in game?

I'm ready to move on and focus on winning the NIT.

Reactions: 5pointsalum16
Don't forget that Vandy lost to UT in their first game of the SEC tourney. They got in solely on what the committee "thought" they could do. Nothing else... but they will tell you otherwise. Who gets in with 19 wins?!?

I think we were more deserving than Vandy base on resume, but I don't believe we're playing any better than them at the end of the season. So I don't know...could you imagine what the fallout would have been around here if we had lost to Wichita State by 20 in the play-in game?

I'm ready to move on and focus on winning the NIT.
Doesn't - ok well it shouldn't - matter how we were playing at the end of the season (and see above for another counterpoint). We didn't even make the NIT last year, and we were hot at the end of the season. The selection process is only marginally better than the football playoffs.

ACC is about to be 12-1 in the Tourney w 6 teams into the sweet 16, a new tourney record. No wonder Clemmy can't ever win the conference, it's stacked. Kinda like us in football, Just too tough a conference.
It's impressive but a lot of it has to do with match-ups. I don't think the ACC teams have beaten anyone significant yet. We'll see how they fair this weekend. I know Duke was fortunate to get a #12 seed team that upset Baylor. Syracuse got a #15 seed team that upset MSU. Notre Dame got a #14 seed team that upset WV. Even Miami got a #11 seed WSU team that upset Arizona. The best wins so far have been UNC beating a #9 Providence and UVA beating a #9 Butler. Let's hold back the ACC lovefest until after they beat someone significant.

They have all developed an exemplary school for African American Studies. They followed Chapel Hill's curriculum.

It's impressive but a lot of it has to do with match-ups. I don't think the ACC teams have beaten anyone significant yet. We'll see how they fair this weekend. I know Duke was fortunate to get a #12 seed team that upset Baylor. Syracuse got a #15 seed team that upset MSU. Notre Dame got a #14 seed team that upset WV. Even Miami got a #11 seed WSU team that upset Arizona. The best wins so far have been UNC beating a #9 Providence and UVA beating a #9 Butler. Let's hold back the ACC lovefest until after they beat someone significant.

No, no, no....you sound like a Big Ten or PAC12 football fan explaining why the SEC went 11-2 or whatever it was during the bowl season. Don't be that guy.

Our team plays an ACC team tonight. Win and we're 2-0 against the ACC this season.

Winning multiple games in the tournament is always significant (even as a number 1 seed) - to have six teams do it certainly shows great strength down the line in the ACC (and far more overall strength than any other conference). Especially this year, when the parity is jumping off the board, beating the team that beat WV or Mich St. is a great win.

Well......They were given 7 bids, so the law of averages was on their side. Also when you have cheating ass schools like UNCheat, Syracuse, and Louisville, this what you get. I dare say they are way worse cheaters than the SEC is in football. Fake classes, prostitutes....dear lord. UNCheat's entire foundation of a winning basketball tradition is tainted going back to St. Dean

Winning multiple games in the tournament is always significant (even as a number 1 seed) - to have six teams do it certainly shows great strength down the line in the ACC (and far more overall strength than any other conference). Especially this year, when the parity is jumping off the board, beating the team that beat WV or Mich St. is a great win.
We're still talking about SFA and Middle Tennessee St. Any team is capable of having a great night and upsetting someone. Doing it twice is asking a lot. Yes, the ACC is 12-1 in the tournament but they have not beaten a team greater than a #9 seed.

Don't forget that Vandy lost to UT in their first game of the SEC tourney. They got in solely on what the committee "thought" they could do. Nothing else... but they will tell you otherwise. Who gets in with 19 wins?!?

Doesn't - ok well it shouldn't - matter how we were playing at the end of the season (and see above for another counterpoint). We didn't even make the NIT last year, and we were hot at the end of the season. The selection process is only marginally better than the football playoffs.
What problem do you have with the CFB playoff??

Well......They were given 7 bids, so the law of averages was on their side. Also when you have cheating ass schools like UNCheat, Syracuse, and Louisville, this what you get. I dare say they are way worse cheaters than the SEC is in football. Fake classes, prostitutes....dear lord. UNCheat's entire foundation of a winning basketball tradition is tainted going back to St. Dean
You sound like a jealous girlfriend. Get over it...they are good.

We're still talking about SFA and Middle Tennessee St. Any team is capable of having a great night and upsetting someone. Doing it twice is asking a lot. Yes, the ACC is 12-1 in the tournament but they have not beaten a team greater than a #9 seed.
Syracuse beat a 7 seed, but yeah sure. Good lord this board amazes me. When someone or something is doing well and you as a person can't commend them for it, it shows exactly who you are as an individual lol. The SEC and the ACC are mirror images of each other in basketball and football. We get the fall, they get the winter. Let's move on lol.

What problem do you have with the CFB playoff??
More baiting! Of course, the house tater doesn't see anything wrong with the current playoff system. It's how your clemsux tiggers made it to the national title game because of their "strength of schedule". App St, furman 'n all. Still hilarious!

More baiting! Of course, the house tater doesn't see anything wrong with the current playoff system. It's how your clemsux tiggers made it to the national title game because of their "strength of schedule". App St, furman 'n all. Still hilarious!
Bro if you don't think Clemson and Alabama were the two best teams in college football last season, you are completely blind. It was an incredible National Championship game and I'm glad I got to see it. No system on our planet is perfect, but the CFB playoff this past season was as close to perfect as you can get.

Bro if you don't think Clemson and Alabama were the two best teams in college football last season, you are completely blind. It was an incredible National Championship game and I'm glad I got to see it. No system on our planet is perfect, but the CFB playoff this past season was as close to perfect as you can get.
LMAO. Bro.

Last edited:
finishing First in the ACC is meaningless, The ACC champion is determined by the Winner of the Tournament, If you dont like it, go to the Southern which is where Clemson belongs and maybe could actually win a BB Title..
What you are implying means the Carolina Panhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ACC_Men's_Basketball_Tournamentthers are NFL Champions??

No where did I say that wasnt the case.... No where did I say I "didn't like it". Why are you not able to have a conversation without attacking others?

Your attack is misplaced I simply replied to a poster that said we would never even finish a top the regular season.

No where did I say that wasnt the case.... No where did I say I "didn't like it". Why are you not able to have a conversation without attacking others?

Your attack is misplaced I simply replied to a poster that said we would never even finish a top the regular season.
ATTACK, LMAO.. if you consider that an attack, you need to go back to bed..

ATTACK, LMAO.. if you consider that an attack, you need to go back to bed..

You are right you were being very polite /s

It was a very immature response attempting to put words in my mouth that I never once said. Way to ignore most of my response though.

Have a nice day thankfully most posters on here are able to have a conversation with others without childish tactics like you displayed above. There are just a few who jump on anyone that doesn't have a Carolina screen name. Being unable to take opposing view points and opinions is a sign of ignorance.

You are right you were being very polite /s

It was a very immature response attempting to put words in my mouth that I never once said. Way to ignore most of my response though.

Have a nice day thankfully most posters on here are able to have a conversation with others without childish tactics like you displayed above. There are just a few who jump on anyone that doesn't have a Carolina screen name. Being unable to take opposing view points and opinions is a sign of ignorance.
LMAO, attack, again, you consider that an attack, maybe you need to go back to all your Praise over on tigernet..
All i was responding to was you saying you finished First in the ACC regular season...

We have finished the regular season 1st in the ACC before.

LMAO, attack, again, you consider that an attack, maybe you need to go back to all your Praise over on tigernet..
All i was responding to was you saying you finished First in the ACC regular season...

We have finished the regular season 1st in the ACC before.

And we did finish first in the regular season one year is that not a fact? I never said it was a "Championship". You chimed in to a conversation in which I wasn't even talking to you throwing out accusations that were completely false.

And we did finish first in the regular season one year is that not a fact? I never said it was a "Championship". You chimed in to a conversation in which I wasn't even talking to you throwing out accusations that were completely false.
I have no clue how you finished, What was YOUR PPG?? were YOU a good rebounder?? I could not care less, I was stating a point, sorry you took it as an attack..

giphy.gif

I have no clue how you finished, What was YOUR PPG?? were YOU a good rebounder?? I could not care less, I was stating a point, sorry you took it as an attack..

If you have no clue how we finished then why chime in in the first place?

You are right this was a polite adult way to enter into a conversation "If you dont like it, go to the Southern which is where Clemson belongs and maybe could actually win a BB Title.." /s

Why are you so angry? Are you not capable of having a conversation like an adult? Also there you go again with the stupidity over my use of the term "we". I am a Clemson alumnus I use that term to describe the University for which I am forever attached to. Sorry that bothers you so much. I think I will do both of us a favor though and just put you on ignore. You can join posters such as SS1 and UG2 who are unable to have conversations without childish responses. I enjoy being able to talk to fans from other fan bases and would rather not get banned due to your childish baiting. Many posters on this site are great to talk to. I am sorry you don't qualify.

You are right this was a polite adult way to enter into a conversation "If you dont like it, go to the Southern which is where Clemson belongs and maybe could actually win a BB Title.." /s

Why are you so angry? Are you not capable of having a conversation like an adult? Also there you go again with the stupidity over my use of the term "we". I am a Clemson alumnus I use that term to describe the University for which I am forever attached to. Sorry that bothers you so much. I think I will do both of us a favor though and just put you on ignore. You can join posters such as SS1 and UG2 who are unable to have conversations without childish responses. I enjoy being able to talk to fans from other fan bases and would rather not get banned due to your childish baiting. Many posters on this site are great to talk to. I am sorry you don't qualify.
LMAO, then IGNORE me. I responded to the fact that being first in the ACC isnt an ACC championship, You then said I was ATTACKING you.. LOL.. Dont come to the Gamecock site and talk trash if you dont want to have trash talked back... So quit crying and either "Use the ignore function" on me, or go back to taternet..

Reactions: UpstateGamecock2

giphy.gif

LMAO, then IGNORE me. I responded to the fact that being first in the ACC isnt an ACC championship, You then said I was ATTACKING you.. LOL.. Dont come to the Gamecock site and talk trash if you dont want to have trash talked back... So quit crying and either "Use the ignore function" on me, or go back to taternet..

Link to me talking trash? I have never done that on this forum. There you go again with false accusations. Have a nice day good bye.

It's a Carolina board. We don't care what you think.

Upsets happen every year. What doesn't happen every year is 6 teams from the same conference making the Sweet 16.

Reactions: 5pointsalum16
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT