ADVERTISEMENT

A'ja Wilson is AP NPOTY

She deserves all honors. As petty as it sounds, the next big time recruit we have a shot at may want her number though. Maybe hang her jersey, but retire the number? If she sweeps all the big time awards, and goes #1 in the draft, then I guess she would have basically won the WBB Heisman, so retire away.

You have a point but nobody has ever meant as much to any team as she did if there was a Heisman I think she would have won it. There could be another recruit who wants her number and if the recruit is important enough A'ja will un-retire it to help the team like Steve Fuller did for Watson at Klempson. JMO

Thought they retire jerseys, not numbers. Maybe that's just for football.

Big George won the Heisman... Hugh Green was AP player of the year
That's hard to believe that the guy who wins the Heisman is not player of the year - at least by some organization, whether it is AP of not.

Maybe mentioned elsewhere. A'ja also won the Wade Trophy.
13223778.jpeg

That is awesome!

I kinda wish we could just stop making the comparison between A'ja and various other sports. Her accolades are astonishing but it can be apples to oranges to try and compare all the different sports and mens/womens. Let's celebrate her and not bring up constant comparisons IMO; I'm already exhausted by this conversation

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT