ADVERTISEMENT

Another Dabo lie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dabo has publicly stated that if his player isn't projected first round, and have first round potenetial then he advises that they come back. You all are just looking for stuff to hold against him. What a joke you all are. Spiller got paid, Vic got paid, and Hopkins got paid. They were all not projected first round Jr. year and all were first rounders the following year w/ 2 top 10 picks. You all are just angry because players that have no business leaving early leave because they don't want to be in that dump called Columbia.

I don't know how you can objectively watch each coaches interviews and how they act on the field and think that Spurrier is a way better guy. Spurrier is a drunk old HAG.

If Dabo kept Blackshear like spurrier is doing then all we would hear is how Dabo's morals are wrong and we are recruiting thugs. You all are the most hypocritical fan base I have ever encountered.

And Clemson posters are here because all you all seem to talk about is Clemson. How about you try talking about your own boring team and see if you see any of these clemson posters here...
Thanks, guy who joined three days ago, but we'll talk about what we want to talk about on OUR board. Nobody is forcing you to come over to OUR board and see what we're talking about. Now, shoo.

This isn't my timeline. This is an ESPN article about the event. The article states "But even though information moves fast in the digital age, the correction came too late for Swinney, who unloaded earlier Thursday when asked about the comments."

This statement explains Swinney made his rant "earlier Thursday" before the comments were cleared up. Also, if they had been cleared up before Dabo's rant wouldn't one of the media have said something when Dabo started with questioning if Spurrier had really said it or not?

I read the ESPN article but as a fan, we knew it was Todd that made the comment. It was posted on this board. Considering how much you guys are saying you follow our board, you would have read it too.

Thanks, guy who joined three days ago, but we'll talk about what we want to talk about on OUR board. Nobody is forcing you to come over to OUR board and see what we're talking about. Now, shoo.

I never said you couldn't talk about what you all want to talk about. Somebody asked why there were so many Clemson fans on here. That was my response.

Check my post history and see if I have responded to any other thread other than one about Clemson. You all seriously lack reading comprehension. Every post someone responds to about me misquotes what I said.

There is no satire in this thread. The Dabo Book of Lies and Clemson Propaganda has well documented sources that illustrate the truth and not the BS he spews.....

I know it is tigernet but it was an interview with Dabo about players leaving early. http://www.tigernet.com/story/football/To-stay-stay-question-12303

" Swinney said early last month that he sees only one player worthy of leaving - Watkins.
'I don't think any of those guys should come out other than maybe Sammy,' Swinney said.
So one player in 7 years? Someone convinced dumbo he looked stupid the previous year telling "nuk" to come back to clemsux and the guy proved dumbo wrong. You know dumbo had either talked to sam and knew he wasn't going to convince him to stay, or he'd heard he was going pro & dumbo knew it was a lost cause.

So in 7 years, how many other players did dumbo advise to leave early?

lol.

Nobody responded to my comment. So should spurrier be bashed for not trying to convince people to stay? It seemed to have affected Hampton and Quarles negatively when they didn't get drafted.

lol.

Nobody responded to my comment. So should spurrier be bashed for not trying to convince people to stay? It seemed to have affected Hampton and Quarles negatively when they didn't get drafted.
How do you know he didn't advise them to stay? He's said if a guy is a first round pick and wants to enter the draft, Spurrier supports that.

Well it was my assumption that since you all are bashing Dabo for trying to convince kids to stay for their senior year, then Spurrier probably doesn't do that or you all would be hypocrites.

Well it was my assumption that since you all are bashing Dabo for trying to convince kids to stay for their senior year, then Spurrier probably doesn't do that or you all would be hypocrites.
Oh, you ASSumed. Gotcha. Dumbo says so in press conferences. We've found only 1 time in 7 years as his head coach that he thought a player should enter the draft early. Spurrier is pretty clear if the player isn't a first rounder. The hypocrites are in taterville.

Dabo made it clear as well by saying "if they're not a first rounder, then I think they should come back". So they said the same exact thing??

Hopkins was picked as an early second rounder, but he snuck in the first. You are nitpicking he says just to bash him.

Dabo made it clear as well by saying "if they're not a first rounder, then I think they should come back". So they said the same exact thing??

Hopkins was picked as an early second rounder, but he snuck in the first. You are nitpicking he says just to bash him.
Do you mean to tell me, since dumbo has been HC, the mighty clemsux tiggers have had just 1 junior who was a potential 1st round pick? How can that be?!? They're so great when they're recruited, but by their junior year, they aren't first round yet?

Sure seems like dumbo is always saying the player need to stay at clemsux another year.

And what about Kyle Parker? Dumbo needed him for football & cost Kyle a million-? in the baseball draft. And then dumbo played him hurt Some quick taking there. Don't forget he even announced Kyle was better than half the starting QB's in the NFL. LMAO. dumbo's all about dumbo.

You all act like he is forcing them to stay. He is not the only one involved in the decision process. There families and outside sources are as well. Kyle Parker said after the fact that he was glad that he stayed the extra year at Clemson.

Pinion left early last year. He was going to be vital to our team this year? Do you think Dabo was pointing a gun to his head, forcing him to stay?

You all act like he is forcing them to stay. He is not the only one involved in the decision process. There families and outside sources are as well. Kyle Parker said after the fact that he was glad that he stayed the extra year at Clemson.

Pinion left early last year. He was going to be vital to our team this year? Do you think Dabo was pointing a gun to his head, forcing him to stay?
There's definately some high pressure, used car salesman techniques used. That's dumbo. Just like with recruits. (Telling Clowney he loves him!!!). So while a gun might not be used, dumbo knows how to be very persuasive to impressionable teenagers, and their families, for that matter.

Reactions: blud_runs_orange
Dabo has said the same thing about the first two rounds. He doesn't have an issue, but if he disagrees with that assessment then he will voice it.

So what about Deandre Hopkins?? He did his best to try and get him to come back saying that he was not ready when everyone knew he was ready. I think it has been proven that he was. Good looking out Dabo. Nice guy.

How about before you ask a question, read at least a few posts up. Deandre Hopkins was originally projected as an early 2nd rounder. With an impressive combine, he snuck in to the end of the first round. Good for him, that is awesome. Just because Dabo gives them advice, it doesn't mean he's trying to manipulate them into coming back. Every coach in the country does this except for Spurrier apparently...

How about Vic Beasley? He came back and was a top 10 pick

How about CJ Spiller? He came back and was a top 10 pick

How about Stephone Anthony?

You all are just jealous that all of your players want to get the hell out of Columbia as quickly as they can...

Congratulations....You just won an award for proving you have the smallest brain of any poster since this site began.

Dabo begged CJ Spiller to come back even though he plays the most injury prone position with the shortest career lifespan in football. Spiller had nothing else to do @ the college level to prove he was an NFL first rounder.

So by the same token, couldn't you bash Spurrier for not trying to get guys to come back for the betterment of their career? Didn't Vic Hampton and Kelsey Quarles go undrafted when they left early? I thought they were pretty good players and probably would have been drafted if they would have stayed.

Man you really are a mouth breather and cant read! He says if you are slotted in the first 3 rounds you should go. Neither Quarles or Hampton were slotted that high. If they dont listen to his advice that is their problem and both did suffer because of it. Where was he looking out for Hopkins saying he wasnt ready? If he got injured is Dumbo going to pay him that money that he lost??

"Just because Dabo gives them advice, it doesn't mean he's trying to manipulate them into coming back"

In some of the cases that is EXACTLY what he was doing. Nice try but we are smarter than to believe all this nonsense. I know you probably sleep in your Tater underwear and drink the kool-ade but not gonna fly here.

So one player in 7 years? Someone convinced dumbo he looked stupid the previous year telling "nuk" to come back to clemsux and the guy proved dumbo wrong. You know dumbo had either talked to sam and knew he wasn't going to convince him to stay, or he'd heard he was going pro & dumbo knew it was a lost cause.

So in 7 years, how many other players did dumbo advise to leave early?
Second person to say this. Nuk left after his junior year idiots

I mean it's just ridiculous.

1. Dabo ruins kids by making them stay another year. But then people talk about Nuk who did leave after his junior year despite what Dabo said... Kind of ruins the argument that he can make kids stay.

2. Dabo is a hypocrite liar when he says that he advises only early first round draft picks to leave early. Nuk leaves early and gets drafted second to last pick of the first round when he was graded out as a second rounder. I don't see hypocrisy or lies there, it's exactly what Dabo said. Then Nuk clearly proves that Dabo doesn't force anyone to stay around despite his advisement. There are many other examples of the same thing happening, thinking any coach can make a kid stay is ridiculous.

The point is that he left! Despite what Dabo advised. He has no power over what anyone does

And that advisement follows his exact stated policy that he believes you should stay if you're not an early first rounder. He is very open about it. No hypocrisy and no lie

I mean it's just ridiculous.

1. Dabo ruins kids by making them stay another year. But then people talk about Nuk who did leave after his junior year despite what Dabo said... Kind of ruins the argument that he can make kids stay.

2. Dabo is a hypocrite liar when he says that he advises only early first round draft picks to leave early. Nuk leaves early and gets drafted second to last pick of the first round when he was graded out as a second rounder. I don't see hypocrisy or lies there, it's exactly what Dabo said. Then Nuk clearly proves that Dabo doesn't force anyone to stay around despite his advisement. There are many other examples of the same thing happening, thinking any coach can make a kid stay is ridiculous.
"dumbo doesnt force anyone". yeah, right. like he can stop being a used car salesman when it's time for the draft. he's all about keeping the best players at clemsux. if you think he doesn't pressure those kids, you're beyond help.

Yet so many players have left early under him, I mean we just had our punter leave early this past season. I guess some are immune to his hypnosis. These young adults can't make decisions for themselves

The point is that he left! Despite what Dabo advised. He has no power over what anyone does
No, the point is dumbo advised a first rounder to STAY. Of course he cant make the kid stay, but he can tell him all kinds of horror stories about leaving too early and not getting picked up, then cant play college anymore. at least "nuk" was smart enough not to fall from dumbo's selfish advise.

Yet so many players have left early under him, I mean we just had our punter leave early this past season. I guess some are immune to his hypnosis. These young adults can't make decisions for themselves
yes, thankfully some of the teenagers see through dumbo's selfish advise and make their own decisions. they just remember "nuk" and they're gone. LMAO.

And if he tells these horror stories all of the time and screws kids over, then why are these players so eager to visit Clemson and still stay close with Dabo. Former players have nothing but good things to say about him

Reactions: blud_runs_orange
So what are these horror stories that Dabo tells to get kids to stay? You obviously are very involved in our athletic department since you know that.

This is seriously the dumbest thread ever. Are you one of the ones that think bush was responsible for 911?
you tell me about the great advise he gives them. recruits have said how they use high pressure. pulling a recruit's offer because he visited another school. Yet, dumbo didnt do the same to another recruit with a higher ranking. hypocrite. this is how your coach acts. yet you want to defend him & act like he's an angel when it comes to giving recruits advise? drink more kool-aid, dude.

d
And your alchoholic of a coach did the same exact thing except in worse taste as it was right before signing day. It was so bad that the coach banned him from recruiting their school. So do you hate spurrier too?
love it. he's 5-1 against dumbo as head coach. suck it.

Last edited:
You all keep throwing out the word hypocrite when it's actually you all that are hypocrite. You know, about how you all say Dabo is a bad person for pulling an offer, but when spurrier does the same thing it's ok?

you tell me about the great advise he gives them. recruits have said how they use high pressure. pulling a recruit's offer because he visited another school. Yet, dumbo didnt do the same to another recruit with a higher ranking. hypocrite. this is how your coach acts. yet you want to defend him & act like he's an angel when it comes to giving recruits advise? drink more kool-aid, dude.

Looks like a little Spelling 101(advice) is needed. Probably wouldn't hurt to throw in some sentence structure also.

Reactions: cp1275
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT