ADVERTISEMENT

another hurricane. Will taters use their resources

section907

Sep 16, 2000
to dry out tailgate parking lots again and use extra state resources to make sure their game is played - AGAIN????

Or will they help out other Carolinians that may need help.

to dry out tailgate parking lots again and use extra state resources to make sure their game is played - AGAIN????

If your gonna trash talk at least get the facts right. It wasn't a hurricane. It wasn't even a tropical storm. It was a large extratropical system that stalled over SC. No wind just a ton of rain.

Just curious how they react given a second chance. While SC was cleaning up, Pickens was oblivious .
so CU should have cancelled their game so they could dry out parking lots in flood stricken areas? But didn't SC use state resources to make sure their game vs LSU was played too even if it meant moving it 4 states away? But in case you didn't know, CU loaded football equipment trailers with water, toiletries and pet food which was delivered to Columbia as well as monetary donation to the Red Cross of the Carolinas.

Reactions: SCexpat38

well..yes, yes, we will. Dabo is flying the state plane down to Columbia now to make the arrangements.

Reactions: LazyIslander
Home game is different than a road game. Cops for traffic could be out helping stranded citizens or clearing dangerous situations.

Except for the token cop to protect Spurrier I doubt state resources were used much for a road game.
hmmm...I guess Citadel and Wofford were guilty too then - PC and Coastal held their games too.

but a road game requires a lot of people and resources to prep for travel...Im sure those people could have been used for clean up efforts or just being with their families...OK, Im being sarcastic.

My point is the OP presented CU as if they decided to play football instead of contribute to disaster relief like everyone else. Put the rivalry aside for a moment. The disaster areas received help from all over the state (including Clemson) in the form of donations, services, manpower, etc. But that doesn't mean the world stops everywhere else. I donated several cases of water but I did yard work on Oct 10, 2015 instead of putting my boot on the ground. My point is don't act like CU turned a blind eye...they helped just like everyone else and they also continued with business as usual.

Last edited:
your gonna trash talk at least get the facts right. It wasn't a hurricane. It wasn't even a tropical storm. It was a large extratropical system that stalled over SC. No wind just a ton of rain.

You’re correct but it did pull moisture from a nearby hurricane and is trash talking if it’s True ? Other than not naming the storm correctly , everything else s True.

Btw. The nearby hurricane was Joaquin . Since facts matter

If you're truly worried about resources, you should read up on how $10 million was diverted from FEMA to ICE right before hurricane season.

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-admi...-fema-fund-ices-immigration-crackdown-1117527

This is a laughable statement. See below....

"We have plenty of resources, both monetary, staff and commodities, to respond to the storm," Jeff Byard, FEMA's associate administrator for the Office and Response and Recovery, told reporters during a morning briefing as Hurricane Florence barreled toward the Carolina coast. "We have plenty of resources to respond, plenty of resources to recover. That has not impacted our situation whatsoever."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/12/politics/fema-ice-funding-hurricane-florence/index.html

GO COCKS!

Reactions: johnnohj
This is a laughable statement. See below....

"We have plenty of resources, both monetary, staff and commodities, to respond to the storm," Jeff Byard, FEMA's associate administrator for the Office and Response and Recovery, told reporters during a morning briefing as Hurricane Florence barreled toward the Carolina coast. "We have plenty of resources to respond, plenty of resources to recover. That has not impacted our situation whatsoever."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/12/politics/fema-ice-funding-hurricane-florence/index.html

GO COCKS!

What did you think he would say ? We're doomed because our idiot in chief gutted funds for actual government work ?

Yea, I'd expect Clemson will make every effort to play. And in reality, what will anyone be able to do Saturday other than pray for those in the middle of the storm. But they did play Notre Dame in that torrential downpour a couple of years back. And even with that weather. The place was packed as fans found a way to get there. It's big business. They aren't going to to give up that gate uess they absolutely have to. And no matter how bad it rains, the storm won't be nearly as dangerous in Clemson as it could be in Columbia

Yea, I'd expect Clemson will make every effort to play. And in reality, what will anyone be able to do Saturday other than pray for those in the middle of the storm. But they did play Notre Dame in that torrential downpour a couple of years back. And even with that weather. The place was packed as fans found a way to get there. It's big business. They aren't going to to give up that gate uess they absolutely have to. And no matter how bad it rains, the storm won't be nearly as dangerous in Clemson as it could be in Columbia

I hate it when Carolina fans take up for quempsum fans. Because taters fans are playing their game it does take away state recourses that could be helping potential hurricane victims.

hmmm...I guess Citadel and Wofford were guilty too then - PC and Coastal held their games too.

but a road game requires a lot of people and resources to prep for travel...Im sure those people could have been used for clean up efforts or just being with their families...OK, Im being sarcastic.

My point is the OP presented CU as if they decided to play football instead of contribute to disaster relief like everyone else. Put the rivalry aside for a moment. The disaster areas received help from all over the state (including Clemson) in the form of donations, services, manpower, etc. But that doesn't mean the world stops everywhere else. I donated several cases of water but I did yard work on Oct 10, 2015 instead of putting my boot on the ground. My point is don't act like CU turned a blind eye...they helped just like everyone else and they also continued with business as usual.

1. While I enjoy watching Clem Tech about as much as Wofford, PC and Coastal, there are a lot more Highway patrol needed for a Pickens County game. The comparison isn’t even comparable.

2. I don’t really care that Clemson played because most of the people affected should have left. It’s 2018. You know if it’s coming. Get out. If you don’t and it floods no cop or firefighter should have to risk their life to save you for not moving.

Just my 2 cents. Did clemson play. Yes. Should they have cancelled. Don’t know that it matters. No one seemed to mind playing in the tropical storm.

Yes, they played a football game as usual and the HELL with the residences of the state of SC.

They will send a truck of water somewhere and write a press release with Dabo and players helping out.

Gotta hate it for the players that have family being affected with evacuations. Etc.

Reactions: SmokinStokesBBQ
Nope. Because you have no idea how they will run traffic that day until it happens. They may pay county cops from Western NC or Northern GA to come over for the day and do traffic.

Yeah Florence has decided not to affect those areas. RollLaugh. BS!

Some of you guys are hilarious with the hate. The whole "takes away first responders" line is nuts. Once the storm hits the coast there will be NO first responders. First responders do not go out when winds go above sustained 40 mph. So Saturday there will be no help needed on the coast until the winds die back down. Until that time people will be on their own.

Nope. Because you have no idea how they will run traffic that day until it happens. They may pay county cops from Western NC or Northern GA to come over for the day and do traffic.
They used local sheriff and police for the ND game. Was there, if there were any SCHP it was a very low number.

Those areas are going to be impacted, too. I live in WNC and our First Responders are making plans NOW TO PREPARE for the hurricane.

Last edited:

Even Furman cancelled its game, so as not to use state resources that are needed elsewhere. Clemson is turning a blind eye.

Some of you guys are hilarious with the hate. The whole "takes away first responders" line is nuts. Once the storm hits the coast there will be NO first responders. First responders do not go out when winds go above sustained 40 mph. So Saturday there will be no help needed on the coast until the winds die back down. Until that time people will be on their own.
That is not true. Thanks to 1033, they now have Humvees and other military vehicles that cannot be blown off causeways and bridges in 40 mph winds. First responders will be out unless hurricane force winds are present.

I’ve been trying to trade Pickens County to GA or NC for napkins

I’d like to move the Last Chance Saloon though because that place is cool

Reactions: EssoClub2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT