ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone here from the Ercoupe and Plano days?

That was before the board split into pay and free boards. Most of the mature posters paid up and moved away from this board, which is sad, since other teams view this board during gameday and don't get to see the quality posters we once had here. This was once one of the best boards in the country, per the chatter on other boards, but that was many years ago. Not even remotely as good as it once was.

On the original board, I was under goldbeach. Somehow, when the conversion took place, I changed over to cockgun and have been that ever since that time. It was both a mature and informative board. There was little back biting and it seemed much more gentleman like back then. Too bad it has gotten to this, everybody thinks they have to get in a slam. I guess some are looking for attention. Really sad.

Last edited:
I was here, different username.

Aaah, Rusty the Rooster. Gonna have to go the “if you can’t say something nice” route on that one.

Reactions: vacock#
Two great guys back in those days. I was fowlmood then; changed my name and lost all my old posts. It was great, but the pumper versus the "realistic fan" wars raged then too.

Back when we used to talk sports? Without trashing our own

We trashed each other and sometimes called people out to meet in parking lots, isn’t that what you remember? I always hated it when we called each other taters because we disagreed with something. Ah, the good old days when some of the perpetrators were also the moderators.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Did any of you guys go play in the Gamecock Central vs Tigernet golf outing at Santee?

Also who could forget Cockliv.

Not me, I really liked cockliv. I met him and his sister one time at a tailgate, both were very nice people.

Also, I remember plano and coupe. I know that plano passed away several years ago but what about coupe?

Plano was on one of the late talk shows one night, it was cool seeing him on that show.

Also, I remember furncock and Dr. Strangecock. Dr. Strangecock was a funny guy, in a good way.

One of the funniest posters, back in the day, was Crashfreze - can't remember the spelling for sure but it was something similar to the way I spelled it above.

Last edited:
Was Cantson a part of this discussion at that time?
"The dupes dipped deep in the dupe" Maybe Cantson was another time ...

Not me, I really liked cockliv. I met him and his sister one time at a tailgate, both were very nice people.

Also, I remember plano and coupe. I know that plano passed away several years ago but what about coupe?

Plano was on one of the late talk shows on night, it was cool seeing him on that show.

Also, I remember furncock and Dr. Strangecock. Dr. Strangecock was a funny guy, in a good way.

One of the funniest posters, back in the day, was Crashfreze - can't remember the spelling for sure but it was something similar to the way I spelled it above.

I was trying to think of the correct way to spell it too. Wasn’t Crashfreze the poster who tried to get the woofing gods by saying we were going to lose?

http://homepages.cae.wisc.edu/~dwilson/rsfc/Woof.html

swingingcock was classic. Coupe still lurking I believe. The Bailey boys are somewhere I would guess. Plano and Trooper passed away. I don't know if crashfreze did too. furncock, beans, etc

Reactions: NetworkX
Back when we used to talk sports? Without trashing our own

Yep — different name though. Infighting hasn’t changed much. People would slam me for calling our players “sissies” back then — as they do now. Yep, I’ve been on some sort of gamecock board since 1986, when I used PRODIGY sports boards.

Last edited:
Reactions: king ward
There was another poster that went by the handle "ofcourse"

He would get banned and come back as some other variant of that name. He might add a period or a hyphen to it so he could get back and post. He would always badmouth the team, especially in baseball, saying we were going to lose a game or series, and he was always wrong! It was like, whenever he would come on here and bash the team, they would win...and I mean ALWAYS win.

Present - actually here since before the Bailey bothers ran the place! I remember when there was a chat on Monday or Tuesday mornings... and CIAT! Miss hearing from you Mr. Ercoupe.

Who were the Bailey Brothers? I don't remember anything about them off the top of my head.

I remember the olden days of these forums and many others. Anybody remember “Gogamecocks.com”?

Can’t help but point out- All those complaining about the lack of good sports content here have the ability to change it by talking about sports... Instead, you made a thread indirectly insulting and dragging the other posters for not being as good as some guys were “back in the day”... Because they spend their time insulting other posters and dragging each other down instead of talking about sports...???

It is a vicious cycle and If you cannot see the irony and hypocrisy in this thread....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT