ADVERTISEMENT

Are we in this mix with any 5-star, franchise types, this year?

I agree with the notion that hiring him in the first place was a mistake. I was against it from day 1. That criticism of Ray is pretty fair and makes a lot more sense than blaming him for extending a coach’s contract after that coach turned a 3 win team into a 9 win team in two seasons!
Hardly anyone I know is bothered by that contract extension. It's the next one he gave after an underwhelming 7 win season to one of the easier schedules we've had in a while. That's the one that has us in the bind we're in with Muschamp.

Well, I was quoting you... Take a look at the man in the mirror my friend!

...what a load of BS though honestly. Implying our FANS are the reason we suck at FB? Give me a BREAK! We have a passionate loyal fan base who will spend on par with any in the country when given something to get excited about. Fans’ feelings and opinions do not affect the outcome of games at all EVER, nor do they affect the hiring/firing of coaches nearly as much as some of you think they do. Thank God for that.
You clearly don't pay attention to programs that are serious about winning. Florida State's boosters and fans made a concerted effort to boycott their games until Taggart was fired. And their budget was WAY in the red. Bama ran off Mike Shula. Auburn is dying to run off Mahlzan but can't because of his ridiculous buyout (sound familiar?). And let's not forget that Florida ran off Zook AND Muschamp.

Bottom line, when fans refuse to show up and pay their money, they absolutely have a direct impact on coaches' job security.

Reactions: USC2USC
So again, you think fans who talk about their team’s coach’s record on the internet are the reason we lose at football? That is a hot take man.

Go ahead, use your massive power to pressure the BOT into firing Ray, Will and Go ahead and get Frank while you are at it! We can pay for these buyouts with... What? We are in the middle of a pandemic. Every athletic department is bleeding cash with no promises of near term revenue. We need to be worried about if they can even field a team this year, if the SEC will even play FB this Fall, if our Governor will allow any games... who knows when we will get to go to games again? This is not the time where we CAN demand better. It is not an option now, today. I am looking at what we have right now- Will Muschamp as our coach, a near broke athletic department (like every one in the nation right now) and some good/promising young players. So I am trying to be hopeful- hoping we get to play some ball, hoping the kids stay healthy, hoping our coach can figure it out and make us better. If trying to remind people of why our coach got the extension and buyout he has is ruining our program then we will stay ruined because I think that is BS and I am going to keep doing it. Reminding people of some positives does not mean I cannot see/gloss over the negatives. I wanted the man gone this past season but I get why he wasn’t fired. I did not want them to hire him at all, but our top targets did not take the job, he was third or fourth down the list at least... We had already lost our coach we had to get SOMEONE!.. Now we are not likely to be able to pay a buyout, let alone pay to hire a high level coach, in any major sport for at least a few years.

All I read is blah, blah, blah we are ok with a medicore (at best) program that has been totally blown out by our rival for years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT