ADVERTISEMENT

Beamer possibe candidate at Va Tech; Ray hiring again

I just go off the phone with Beamer and he said he isn't going anywhere... He was born in Charleston and he loves Columbia...

Also, he did say that big changes are coming after the season... @GarnetBeamer and @robertfootball will be his offensive and defensive coordinators and they can switch around once one of them starts bitching about the play calls...
Hey, if Ray is willing to give me a Muschamp type contract I’ll take that deal all day long!

The ACC would be a much better conference for him to learn the ropes. Honestly, if he stays in the SEC, he’s going to ruin his coaching credibility.

So why did our ex Prez get the deer in the headlights look when he was asking the legislature for money and this was brought up.
Because he was an idiot? Even if the money came from the athletic department funds, those funds are entirely seperate from the univiersity funds. The borrowing caps for each are also completely seperate. The legislator that brought the issue up (and it was when CFMs future was at issue, not Muschamps) was too uninformed to know or was attempting to make political hay and our president at the time was a complete DA.

I just go off the phone with Beamer and he said he isn't going anywhere... He was born in Charleston and he loves Columbia...

Also, he did say that big changes are coming after the season... @GarnetBeamer and @robertfootball will be his offensive and defensive coordinators and they can switch around once one of them starts bitching about the play calls...

Can't be much worse than the offense we're seeing under Satterfield, lol.

Reactions: Dizzy01
Hope so. Then without a certain influence, Tanner will finally be free to hire this guy:
louisianalafayette-ragin-cajuns-head-coach-billy-napier-during-the-picture-id1235683377
No thanks.

I remember being the conductor on the Kirby Smart TraIn after Spurrier retired and posters arguing that Fuentes would be the better hire. Smart lacked hEaD cOaChInG eXpErIEnCe, they warned. 😆

I’m really torn on this. On one had, I hope that VT lures Beamer away because that’ll guarantee that Adkins and Satterfield will be gone after this season. On the other hand, the thought of Ray hiring another coach and f’ing that up for the third time makes me want to puke.

This level of delusional is what makes FGF so much fun to read.

Finebaum has a 4-hour show where he has to keep saying something, including the most ludicrous garbage you could imagine. There is not a single team in NCAA football (FBS or FCS) that would hire Beamer as a head coach right now - or even a coordinator.

He's our guy, so let's hope he can turn it around.
Yep Tanner bowed to pressure from ex players to hire him. If he doesn't work out Tanner better be going with him.

Yep Tanner bowed to pressure from ex players to hire him. If he doesn't work out Tanner better be going with him.
"Caslen is involved in South Carolina’s search for the next head football coach of the Gamecocks. Thomas told Shain that Caslen’s positive test “will not slow USC’s search for a permanent successor to football coach Will Muschamp.”"

And Caslen and certain members of the BOT were a lot more involved than this article mentions. Per The Athletic, "[a] former player at West Point, Caslen was heavily involved[.]"

Last edited:
I think James Franklin might be off to Southern Cal.I think Kiffen ends up at LSU.That leaves Ole Miss,Penn State,VA Tech and possibly Fla and Miami.Could see Mario Cristobal in play for one of the better jobs though its hard to top Phil Knight's money.Other than that,who knows?

If VT legitimately considers Beamer, y'all know that Tanner will counter with a pay raise, extension, and an expansive buyout because we beat UF...lol.
They probably won't have to legitimately consider him. Sexton will just have someone float the rumor to the media like it's a real possibility.

Next thing we know, raises and contract extensions all around. 😒

They probably won't have to legitimately consider him. Sexton will just have someone float the rumor to the media like it's a real possibility.

Next thing we know, raises and contract extensions all around. 😒
And when we go to hire the next coach, those will be the reasons cited for why we can only afford some obscure FCS program equipment manager as our head coach.

VaTech is all about the Beamer name. But I don’t think anyone including VaTech is going to try and snatch up Shane Beamer before he proves himself.

Reactions: uscwatson21
"Caslen is involved in South Carolina’s search for the next head football coach of the Gamecocks. Thomas told Shain that Caslen’s positive test “will not slow USC’s search for a permanent successor to football coach Will Muschamp.”"

And Caslen and certain members of the BOT were a lot more involved than this article mentions. Per The Athletic, "[a] former player at West Point, Caslen was heavily involved[.]"

This is sad at this point just pretending Tanner would totally have hired Napier.

I'm not the only one who has sources saying the exact same thing. I'll tust my sources over any you may have.
You're falling for the spin. Your buddies are shifting the blame onto Caslen because they don't want to admit they messed up big time.

I think James Franklin might be off to Southern Cal.I think Kiffen ends up at LSU.That leaves Ole Miss,Penn State,VA Tech and possibly Fla and Miami.Could see Mario Cristobal in play for one of the better jobs though its hard to top Phil Knight's money.Other than that,who knows?
Why isn't Oregon a great job? That place is great.

Reactions: caughtlookin
If Shane fixes the offense at the end of the year (I know some of y'all want to fire Satterfield yesterday) and keeps recruiting at a high level we will be on our way. Good Lord give the guy a chance. He knows the offense is putrid himself and from what I've heard he's pissed off about it but he ain't firing anyone before the Clemson game or a few weeks thereafter.

If Shane fixes the offense at the end of the year (I know some of y'all want to fire Satterfield yesterday) and keeps recruiting at a high level we will be on our way. Good Lord give the guy a chance. He knows the offense is putrid himself and from what I've heard he's pissed off about it but he ain't firing anyone before the Clemson game or a few weeks thereafter.
Exactly, what purpose would it serve to fire Satterfield with 2 games left? I wasn't a huge supporter of hiring Beamer, but he wasn't the worst choice; I think with the situation we had, he was as good as we could get, coaches weren't beating down the door to come to USC. I blame much of that on RT but that's a different discussion altogether. But agree, give Beamer a chance, see what happens in the offseason, it's a long rebuild if it happens.

Why isn't Oregon a great job? That place is great.

I think it is a great job but many consider Southern Cal to be better with all the talent in the LA area.Miami or Florida the other obvious choices but I don't see him leaving Oregon for either place.Much easier to win at Oregon.

This level of delusional is what makes FGF so much fun to read.

Finebaum has a 4-hour show where he has to keep saying something, including the most ludicrous garbage you could imagine. There is not a single team in NCAA football (FBS or FCS) that would hire Beamer as a head coach right now - or even a coordinator.

He's our guy, so let's hope he can turn it around.
Paul says very little on SEC Nation. He sits back and lets the three young studs do the talking.

In order to make it work for Shane he needed a coordinator combo such as Bobo/Mason at Auburn or the combo at Arkansas Briles/Odom.Though White has been serviceable he needed HR hires.Instead he got infield single hires.

Beamer was obviously never a candidate at VT. Sounds like they're going as predicted....going with a young talented coach that can excite the fanbase, attract players and make them immediately competitive: early word is they're after Chadwell. Makes sense. Either him or Freeze would be a great hire for them.

Beamer was obviously never a candidate at VT. Sounds like they're going as predicted....going with a young talented coach that can excite the fanbase, attract players and make them immediately competitive: early word is they're after Chadwell. Makes sense. Either him or Freeze would be a great hire for them.
Still believe Billy Napier will be in the mix for Va Tech.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT