ADVERTISEMENT

Board's reaction to likely hiring

michaeltsims

Oct 10, 2002
Lexington, SC
Yes, there is a lot of bickering and whining back and forth. I think you have to simply understand the different types of people on this board in order for it to eventually get through it.
First, I don't think that Muschamp was anyone's first or second pick to be our new coach. So to a degree everyone on here is disappointed in RT and the likely new hire.

With that said, there is one group that appears to be verbalizing a good bit their prognostications and guesses on the continued downward skid USC seems to be heading for. They're complaining and communicating regularly about how bad of a decision seems to be. If you're not in this group, one thing to understand is that you complaining about their complaining isn't going to stop their complaining. it will only make it worse. Many of you have children, and at some point they've cried and complained. But yelling at them only intensified it. You just had to let them do it and run it's course. Eventually they got over it. Let this group complain and whine. It'll run its course and eventually things will die down some. But the more you bash them, the longer it will last.

There is another group that thinks that any negative discussion on the board will have zero positive benefits on the program so they complain about any negative comment posted. They believe that all the negativity will impact recruits and their parents, and the overall feel of the program. So they rant about the ranters while pledging their allegiance to Tanner and Muschamp. If you are not in this group, one thing you need to understand is that just because they are not openly complaining about the hire doesn't mean they're completely happy about it. They're blind, ignorant, garnet glasses wearing fools. They just want to move past this episode and hope for something positive. Your comments will not 'span them back into reality'. It will do no good.

So can we simply let the complainers to whine for a bit, let the sunshine pumpers dream of a National Championship with Muschamp, and stop the circular complaining and childish behavior?

Yes, there is a lot of bickering and whining back and forth. I think you have to simply understand the different types of people on this board in order for it to eventually get through it.
First, I don't think that Muschamp was anyone's first or second pick to be our new coach. So to a degree everyone on here is disappointed in RT and the likely new hire.

With that said, there is one group that appears to be verbalizing a good bit their prognostications and guesses on the continued downward skid USC seems to be heading for. They're complaining and communicating regularly about how bad of a decision seems to be. If you're not in this group, one thing to understand is that you complaining about their complaining isn't going to stop their complaining. it will only make it worse. Many of you have children, and at some point they've cried and complained. But yelling at them only intensified it. You just had to let them do it and run it's course. Eventually they got over it. Let this group complain and whine. It'll run its course and eventually things will die down some. But the more you bash them, the longer it will last.

There is another group that thinks that any negative discussion on the board will have zero positive benefits on the program so they complain about any negative comment posted. They believe that all the negativity will impact recruits and their parents, and the overall feel of the program. So they rant about the ranters while pledging their allegiance to Tanner and Muschamp. If you are not in this group, one thing you need to understand is that just because they are not openly complaining about the hire doesn't mean they're completely happy about it. They're blind, ignorant, garnet glasses wearing fools. They just want to move past this episode and hope for something positive. Your comments will not 'span them back into reality'. It will do no good.

So can we simply let the complainers to whine for a bit, let the sunshine pumpers dream of a National Championship with Muschamp, and stop the circular complaining and childish behavior?

And how do you know what the board is thinking?

Well I mean the coaching hire is kind of the only news going on so expect to see a lot of posts about it. It's not like we have a game coming up or anything.

Well I mean the coaching hire is kind of the only news going on so expect to see a lot of posts about it. It's not like we have a game coming up or anything.

I agree. I don't mind seeing the complaining. This is a message board. Whoever feels like that's the route to take then they should go for it. I don't mind the sunshine pumping for the same reason. I just get irate with those who jump on everyone else for not feeling the same way they do and then argue back and forth on why their opinions are best for everyone.

I agree. I don't mind seeing the complaining. This is a message board. Whoever feels like that's the route to take then they should go for it. I don't mind the sunshine pumping for the same reason. I just get irate with those who jump on everyone else for not feeling the same way they do and then argue back and forth on why their opinions are best for everyone.
I haven't jumped on anyone but I've been jumped on plenty. I've defended my reasoning for the coaches I've thought were better suited for the job but most just come back with personal attacks and insults because they don't feel like talking about football I guess. Maybe they don't know what is going on during a game and just go to games to be seen.

I'm obviously a psychic. Duh!
Look at the constant, repeated posts over and over again. You can see it pretty clearly. It takes common sense and observation skills, not brain hacking science.

Well, Mr. Duh,

If it ends up Will Muschamp, then I will be on board with the pick.

I believe Muschamp has learned his listen that he needs an offense to go with his defense...

Plus, maybe pissed to see his former Florida team in the SEC Championship game with about 90% of his players and recruits...

We weren't all that bad. We just accidentally suck on defense for the last two years and with the beat offensive minded coach for 11 years, we didn't light up the scoreboard...

In time this maybe one of the best hires by Tanner..

My biggest worry was that we would end up with Elliott as our head coach...

If you and the rest of Gamecocks nation don't get behind the new hire, the you guys can accidentally suck by pulling for a team in the update permanently...

ukraine_fight_01.jpg

Well, Mr. Duh,

I believe Muschamp has learned his listen that he needs an offense to go with his defense...

Plus, maybe pissed to see his former Florida team in the SEC Championship game with about 90% of his players and recruits...

We weren't all that bad. We just accidentally suck on defense for the last two years and with the beat offensive minded coach for 11 years, we didn't light up the scoreboard...

If you and the rest of Gamecocks nation don't get behind the new hire, the you guys can accidentally suck by pulling for a team in the update permanently...
C&P reporting he wants to bring back Kurt Roper as OC. Yes, his OC last season at Florida. Guess he didn't learn that lesson after all.

Well, Mr. Duh,

Your tone is exactly what fuels these message board cat fights. I'm not biting.

I was a Gamecock during worse years than this, and i'll be a Gamecock no matter who our next coach is. I'll cheer for whoever it is and hope he takes us to the SEC Championship and proves all the nay-sayers wrong. I'm behind whoever it is leading us 100%, and behind whoever is playing Clempson 100%. I'll also freely share my opinion on if I think the next coach isn't getting it done, but I'll do so after I give them time to prove themselves here.

Your tone is exactly what fuels these message board cat fights. I'm not biting.

I was a Gamecock during worse years than this, and i'll be a Gamecock no matter who our next coach is. I'll cheer for whoever it is and hope he takes us to the SEC Championship and proves all the nay-sayers wrong. I'm behind whoever it is leading us 100%, and behind whoever is playing Clempson 100%. I'll also freely share my opinion on if I think the next coach isn't getting it done, but I'll do so after I give them time to prove themselves here.

Yeah, right!?!?!

"I was a Gamecock during......."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT