ADVERTISEMENT

Bobby Bentley

Gradstudent

Feb 11, 2006
Anyone else thinking he should of gone to be OC at Auburn?

I'm starting to think it would of been win/win for him and us.

1) It was a promotion for him

2) More money

3) He really just misses one year of Jake at QB, but is in a much better career position given Gus survives 2019, even if its just one year, I think he is better off

4) If Jake goes to the NFL, Bobby wont be there on the staff, its year of preparation for that for Jake, and could help his maturity.

For us

1) A lot of staffs the RB coach is a ace recruiter, and this is not close to the case for us.

2) With BMac busier as OC it would be nice to have another top recruiter to pick up the slack

3) Maybe we get a coach who can figure out who the best RB is and go with it, Our offense was better when Mon Denson was featured or started, imho, I get he may not have been the best practice player.

4). Maybe with him gone from the staff, Muschamp would be more apt to make a change at QB if things were not going so well in a game?

Reactions: 92Pony
All your points make sense to me. The only negative about the move to Auburn would have been the potential lack of stability with the Gus Bus having a few flat tires.

Is the one extra year with his 21 year old son really worth declining a good career move?

If Jake goes to the NFL, ...

Just a question:
Let's assume that YOU are a BIG NFL fan. Your favorite team uses a draft pick and selects Jake Bentley, this year. Other than happiness for Jake and pride, as a Carolina fan ... what is YOUR reaction, as a fan of that NFL team?

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
Just a question:
Let's assume that YOU are a BIG NFL fan. Your favorite team uses a draft pick and selects Jake Bentley, this year. Other than happiness for Jake and pride, as a Carolina fan ... what is YOUR reaction, as a fan of that NFL team?
Well, if you watch him throw it up and down the field on clemson you are excited. If you watch the last 6 quarters not so much. Geez what happened to this offense?

This is sheer lunacy. Muschamp is HBC! McClendon is OC! Werner is QB coach? No way is Bobby the issue with our QB play. Those 3 men are not punk asses that would st the running backs coach call the shots. No one but Muschamp and McClendon should be faulted for Jake getting all the snaps when his play is erratic!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT