ADVERTISEMENT

Brian Bowen?!?!?!?!

Lets give him more than 1 quarter of 1 season to "make it"!! PJ is a good kid that did some great things for gamecock bball while he was here. Probably wasn't quite ready and I'd sure love to have him here now, but he's put himself in the right position to "make it" if he's good enough. Thats what college is for isn't it?
If he was on this team, he'd be playing PG, which seemed to expose many of his weaknesses in year 1 and last year. Not sure he would have improved his stock this year on a team that likely wouldn't make the tourney even with him on it.

Reactions: uscfan789
im sure i'll change that back to where you were :)

He's new here, give him a minute. I must admit , I too have agreed with your past few views. I liked your views on the McClendon promotion and this topic. While I most often disagree with you, I do read your post because they are usually orginal and have a little thought behind them. Thats refreshing and rare on this board.

What?!?!?!?!

Jeff Goodman‏Verified account@GoodmanESPN
Former Louisville commit Brian Bowen told ESPN he has been admitted to South Carolina and will seek reinstatement from the NCAA. Story coming.
So.....we thought it was so awful when "Scam" Newton was beating us (TWICE) that year and won the National Championship......"You know he knew about the money".....but now we are excited that this kid is OUR next savior, and "Oh, the poor kid didn't know anything about the money thingy" ???
What hypocrites we are.....me included. Ever hear the expression "It makes a difference whose onions are cooking"?
I sure hope this kid is innocent in this. But then, if he is, why did Louisville abandon him? Surely they know more details than we do. Lord help us if this story doesn't have a good ending.

If this tells me anything, it is that we are completely clean and clear of this Adidas-Lamont Evans-FBI-Louisville scandal and investigation. Which, from the state of our program, we should be. If we cheated, it did us no good at all and we're the worst cheaters ever.

Taking this kid on puts our program under a microscope, so obviously, there appears to be nothing dirty about the whole deal except the kid has Louisville stink on him.

If this tells me anything, it is that we are completely clean and clear of this Adidas-Lamont Evans-FBI-Louisville scandal and investigation. Which, from the state of our program, we should be. If we cheated, it did us no good at all and we're the worst cheaters ever.

Taking this kid on puts our program under a microscope, so obviously, there appears to be nothing dirty about the whole deal except the kid has Louisville stink on him.

This has always been the case. Evans tried to get PJ and Sin but they didn't bite.

So.....we thought it was so awful when "Scam" Newton was beating us (TWICE) that year and won the National Championship......"You know he knew about the money".....but now we are excited that this kid is OUR next savior, and "Oh, the poor kid didn't know anything about the money thingy" ???
What hypocrites we are.....me included. Ever hear the expression "It makes a difference whose onions are cooking"?
I sure hope this kid is innocent in this. But then, if he is, why did Louisville abandon him? Surely they know more details than we do. Lord help us if this story doesn't have a good ending.

Louisville fired their coach and AD to distance themselves from the whole mess. The same holds true with Bowen. The games the NCAA plays are always evolving, but if the NCAA was gonna do anything more to the kid, they would’ve already done it. I don’t think USC would have admitted him without some due diligence and consideration of the consequences by Tanner and the USC administration. I’m glad to finally see us play the recruiting game a little more aggressively the way other schools do.

didnt you know if you stated a negative truth about anything related to SC you are a hater.... you know everything should be puppy dog tails and rainbows when discussing anything SC.

Wait, wouldn't a negative truth be a lie? Or something like that.

Reactions: viennacocks
Let me settle the "k" vs. "m" debate. I speak from authority and experience. And no, I did not sleep at a Holiday last night. As a former employee of the United States Treasury Department, I can emphatically say, k=thousand and m=million in the world of finances. You can disagree with me. But please know, you'll remain forever wrong. Cheers.

Wait, wouldn't a negative truth be a lie? Or something like that.

Not in the gamecock forum world where denials run rapid...Saying something negative in relationship to sc , that some fans refuse to acknowledge is the truth

Let me settle the "k" vs. "m" debate. I speak from authority and experience. And no, I did not sleep at a Holiday last night. As a former employee of the United States Treasury Department, I can emphatically say, k=thousand and m=million in the world of finances. You can disagree with me. But please know, you'll remain forever wrong. Cheers.

I have only ever seen and used k for 1,000 in all contexts, but I did read earlier that M was used many moons ago before being supplanted by k. Metric system for the win.

The bigger picture is if this kid is cleared and does play next year what influences will he have over other recruits...namely Zion Williamson.

This feud between the Finance/Treasury guys vs everybody else has gone on long enough. Now let’s settle this once and for all ... the way the French would!!!

Reading this thread blows my mind.

First off....I00M and 100K are the same in some financial circles. The 100M is falling out of favor thank goodness.

Second, I don't give a rat's ass if this guy's dad got paid or not. We are not paying him, so if we get some good play our of him, good for us.

Third, I thought that all 5 stars are bought and paid for by Nike and other apparel companies through their AAU programs.

Finally, if his dad has half a clue, and did get paid or was set to be paid, he would be an idiot to tell his son. In fact, in the cheating circles, the players are typically intentionally protected from the greedy people around them. If you pay attention, you will find out that it is not the players that get paid, its their parents, uncles, coaches, etc. in an attempt to influence the protege to go to a certain school.

I may be naive, but until I see proof, I will assume that this kid wants to play college ball at USC and we feel that he is clean enough to allow him to come here. I can guarantee that we are not paying him, and we are doing nothing wrong. Even if there is a lapse in judgement by a parent who accepted 25k(M) from a shoe company to influence his son to go to a top NCAA basketball program with a legendary coach, I will forgive it.

Now if the kid has a history of bad behavior, lying, cheating or stealing (aka Cam Newton) then let your wrath and judgement fall upon him, ye sanctimonious gamecock and tiger fans (Merl Code is the slime that secured his father)

Until then, give the kid a break. No laptop computers stolen or published run ins with the law best I can tell. He was a pawn of a bunch of cheating bastards and either did not know or was too trusting to realize that for 25k, his whole career was put in jeopardy. I would say the same if he had decided to go to clemson (which I doubt he could since Merl Code paid his dad...don't think clemson would get a free pass for admitting him)

As for the 25k I brought up, it is well published that his dad never received the second payment....or the third or fourth. I suspect that the money has been returned, or at least what his dad did not already blow. Pretty sure there were no sightings of a new pickup he wrecked after his commitment, or another car on signing day with the money they saved after he was awarded a scholarship.

$180K. Why do people keep putting an M after it? That means million.

It was from Miss St, right? If it had been Auburn they would have gone on probation.

truth be told, I did it to keep the M vs K thing going. It seems as if it worked a little bit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT