ADVERTISEMENT

By Monday, Coastal might be the highest ranked team in South Carolina

Yeah, we played them in 2016. More recently, we played Coastal in 2018 and kicked their a**es.
Be honest, if Carolina had played coastal last year like was supposed to happen, do we really think that Carolina team would have beaten that Coastal team? No, would have been a real bad game for gamecocks.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Be honest, if Carolina had played coastal last year like was supposed to happen, do we really think that Carolina team would have beaten that Coastal team? No, would have been a real bad game for gamecocks.

Just pointing that what happened in games 4, 5 and 6 years ago isn't very relevant to today.

For everyone concerned about CCUs schedule, they’re announcing today a 2 away, 1 home series with Virginia. Is that acceptable to everyone?

Last edited:
there absolutely no guarantee whatsoever that being a coach in the NFL will translate to success at the college level. By your logic, Lovie Smith and Dave Wannstedt should’ve been great college coaches right? How’d that work out?
I did not use the word guarantee. Please proceed with your lies

I did not use the word guarantee. Please proceed with your lies

lol, I don’t know what “lies” you think I’m telling. You implied that being a coach in the NFL indicates that you may make a good college coach, and history doesn’t show that at all. In fact, there’s probably much more history of G5 coaches moving up and having success in P5 than NFL coaches.

Just pointing that what happened in games 4, 5 and 6 years ago isn't very relevant to today.
It is relevant in that this was to be last year, not 4,5 or 6 years ago. Many say here coastal isn’t that good but 12 months ago Coastal would have beaten Carolina by 3 touchdowns. Yes it was that big of a gap LAST year, not 4,5,6 years ago.

lol, I don’t know what “lies” you think I’m telling. You implied that being a coach in the NFL indicates that you may make a good college coach, and history doesn’t show that at all. In fact, there’s probably much more history of G5 coaches moving up and having success in P5 than NFL coaches.
I did imply that, but you stated I guaranteed it, which of course I did not, as there is no guarantee anyone will be successful as a coach. Neither you nor I know the magic formula for transitioning from one to the other, I’m not pretending to. But many successful college football coaches cut their teeth as assistant coaches in the league. How that compares to being a D2 or D1aa head coach and working your way up I don’t know and I suspect you don’t either. Saban was the example I used, because he was used as having come from Toledo. But before that he Came from the league.

I did imply that, but you stated I guaranteed it, which of course I did not,

I didn’t state any such thing. Not sure if maybe English isn’t your primary language, but “there are no guarantees that…” is a very common phrase in English, I didn’t imply in anyway that you made “guarantees” of anything. Thanks, have a nice life.

It is relevant in that this was to be last year, not 4,5 or 6 years ago. Many say here coastal isn’t that good but 12 months ago Coastal would have beaten Carolina by 3 touchdowns. Yes it was that big of a gap LAST year, not 4,5,6 years ago.
Gamecock all the way. But you are dead on right

I didn’t state any such thing. Not sure if maybe English isn’t your primary language, but “there are no guarantees that…” is a very common phrase in English, I didn’t imply in anyway that you made “guarantees” of anything. Thanks, have a nice life.
But you did with that response. I never used the word guarantee, you did when responding to my post about saban being an assistant in the league.
I’m ok with the English language and two others. I didn’t get a masters degree, a series 7 and 66 license and halfway to a PhD in economics to not be good with the English language.

But you did with that response. I never used the word guarantee, you did when responding to my post about saban being an assistant in the league.
I’m ok with the English language and two others. I didn’t get a masters degree, a series 7 and 66 license and halfway to a PhD in economics to not be good with the English language.

lmao. In this one thread, you’ve gone from college football star to master of multiple languages to economic genius, blah blah blah. Braggadocio much? If this thread goes on long enough, you’re gonna tell us how you killed bin laden and swatted planes from atop the Empire State Building. The fact is, either you’re being purposely obtuse or your reading comprehension is lacking. I never said you guaranteed anything. I said “there are no guarantees…” which is a very common everyday phrase.

• Haha
lmao. In this one thread, you’ve gone from college football star to master of multiple languages to economic genius, blah blah blah. Braggadocio much? If this thread goes on long enough, you’re gonna tell us how you killed bin laden and swatted planes from atop the Empire State Building. The fact is, either you’re being purposely obtuse or your reading comprehension is lacking. I never said you guaranteed anything. I said “there are no guarantees…” which is a very common everyday phrase.
Just talking through my life experiences friend.

And you’ll still be the cheerleader for Coastal…aim higher.

Reactions: Ratheolcoach
I was good enough to get the job done. But when your wife has an auto immune disease and you have two kids it’s not a good idea to work 90 hour weeks. But nice attempt at being an asshole.
My wife has MS and I unfortunately have COPD and an aotic aneurysm. Probably contributes to asshole demeanor. Hope your wife does well!

You think Nick Saban and Urban Meyer should be used as examples of the norm? lol

idk, would you say Sparky Woods and Mike Norvell are the norm? Lol. I’d guess there have been quite a few HCs come up from the mid major ranks and be successful in the P5. But I’d like to hear you rationalize how a guy moving up and being unable to win a single game at a school as talent-rich as FSU is “the norm” but two guys moving up and having success is not.

I mean, I can certainly give other examples who fall between Sparky/Norvell and Saban/Urban…… Mack Brown was HC at multiple mid majors before becoming a P5 coach, Terry Bowden was at a mid major before the P5. Jim Tressel was HC at a midmajor before winning a national championship at a P5. Need more examples? Lou Holtz was HC at a midmajor before the P5. Brian Kelly was HC at multiple midmajors before becoming a P5 head coach. Chip Kelly never coached at ANY P5 school before becoming Oregon’s OC for a year and then HC. Is that enough, or you need more examples??

Last edited:
idk, would you say Sparky Woods and Mike Norvell are the norm? Lol. I’d guess there have been quite a few HCs come up from the mid major ranks and be successful in the P5. But I’d like to hear you rationalize how a guy moving up and being unable to win a single game at a school as talent-rich as FSU is “the norm” but two guys moving up and having success is not.

I mean, I can certainly give other examples who fall between Sparky/Norvell and Saban/Urban…… Mack Brown was HC at multiple mid majors before becoming a P5 coach, Terry Bowden was at a mid major before the P5. Jim Tressel was HC at a midmajor before winning a national championship at a P5. Need more examples?

There are FAR more examples of guys who move up and don't succeed. You pick 2 historically good coaches as your example. Saban and Meyer are the rarest of the rare. And Saban's not the best example. He went from NFL assistant for several seaons to Toledo for one season then back to NFL for several seasons then to MSU.

Both Saban and Meyer had been at big time programs as assistants prior to becoming a head coach. Chadwell has only ever been at rinky dink programs. Not saying he won't be a good P5 coach one day. He may very well be. But the comparison to Meyer and Saban is not legit.

Reactions: Ratheolcoach
There are FAR more examples of guys who move up and don't succeed. You pick 2 historically good coaches as your example. Saban and Meyer are the rarest of the rare. And Saban's not the best example. He went from NFL assistant for several seaons to Toledo for one season then back to NFL for several seasons then to MSU.

Both Saban and Meyer had been at big time programs as assistants prior to becoming a head coach. Chadwell has only ever been at rinky dink programs. Not saying he won't be a good P5 coach one day. He may very well be. But the comparison to Meyer and Saban is not legit.

I picked 2 examples? Actually, I just gave multiple examples.

Do you really think we would beat Wake right now?

I don't.
I have rarely said this over the years...even when WF was good...but yes they would beat us right now. Clawson and his staff are d@Mn good. They do it with a bunch of kids that are pass overs, but fit their system and are smart enough to get in and stay in WF.

I mean, I can certainly give other examples who fall between Sparky/Norvell and Saban/Urban…… Mack Brown was HC at multiple mid majors before becoming a P5 coach, Terry Bowden was at a mid major before the P5. Jim Tressel was HC at a midmajor before winning a national championship at a P5. Need more examples? Lou Holtz was HC at a midmajor before the P5. Brian Kelly was HC at multiple midmajors before becoming a P5 head coach. Chip Kelly never coached at ANY P5 school before becoming Oregon’s OC for a year and then HC. Is that enough, or you need more examples??

I agree...it's not legit to compare Chadwell to Meyer or Saban. It's even more absurd to compare a guy (S. Beamer) who has never HCd a HS team prior to this year to those same two guys. What is glossed over is that Chadwell (like it or not) is innovative, has won everywhere he's gone, produces a great culture for those programs and is being looked at/courted. The right University at the right time will come along and he's far more likely to have big success than some of these guys who had 2-3 years of success running an offense or a smaller (non P5) program. His program turnarounds speak for themselves. He never walks into good situations, but within a year and half has things turned. That's why some of us recognize he would've been a perfect fit for our "cheap" hire to bridge the gap AND JUST MAYBE he would've been good enough to have stayed. We were in that position (still are) - where we had nothing to lose. UF was in that position when they hired Meyer. Second best coaching hire they ever made.

I agree...it's not legit to compare Chadwell to Meyer or Saban. It's even more absurd to compare a guy (S. Beamer) who has never HCd a HS team prior to this year to those same two guys. What is glossed over is that Chadwell (like it or not) is innovative, has won everywhere he's gone, produces a great culture for those programs and is being looked at/courted. The right University at the right time will come along and he's far more likely to have big success than some of these guys who had 2-3 years of success running an offense or a smaller (non P5) program. His program turnarounds speak for themselves. He never walks into good situations, but within a year and half has things turned. That's why some of us recognize he would've been a perfect fit for our "cheap" hire to bridge the gap AND JUST MAYBE he would've been good enough to have stayed. We were in that position (still are) - where we had nothing to lose. UF was in that position when they hired Meyer. Second best coaching hire they ever made.
Who in the world is comparing Beamer to Saban and/or Meyer???

I don't disagree that Chadwell may be a successful P5 head coach one day, but I was not ready to pull that trigger on the basis of one good season at Coastal.

Who in the world is comparing Beamer to Saban and/or Meyer???

I don't disagree that Chadwell may be a successful P5 head coach one day, but I was not ready to pull that trigger on the basis of one good season at Coastal.
Literally 100% of the sunshine pumpers on this board about 8-9 months ago. They only comparison to be heard was "Saban, Dabo and Meyer"...When we had absolutely NOBODY to compare the situation or hire to because nobody at the level our program is at (Conference affiliation, recent success, overall big budget program) has ever done it/hired a non Coordinator or HC at any level to run their program. Biggest coaching gamble I've ever seen....and one with very small potential for upside so it is really head-scratching.

Chadwell has done way more than just one good season at CCU. He's turned around a few programs, and he is a known factor in the collegiate coaching world. This will 95% be his last year at CCU...unless he doesn't think the program/offer is worth it to jump ship over something at CCU. That program he 's built is not too unlike an App State.....except the incline has been much quicker.

Reactions: DarkHorse2001
I suspect Chadwell will be successful at the P5 level. I base that on the fact that he has been successful as a Head Coach at 3 different schools. It is why he was at the top of my list last year. But, Beamer is our coach now and must support him. Hope he grows into the job. Hope he realizes when he makes a hiring mistake.

Reactions: 3GCCU
Chadwell’s resume speaks for itself and anyone who believes otherwise needs to research the lack of prior success before he became the head coach.

The worst fear with the ever expanding shift in conference expansion is Coastal becoming a UCF type school in this small of a state while USC is in the long rebuild. Right or wrong, they have it rolling and their profile has greatly risen; not only regionally, but nationally. They have done this in under 20 years. What will next 20 look like with a billionaire that will give them whatever they need?

Literally 100% of the sunshine pumpers on this board about 8-9 months ago. They only comparison to be heard was "Saban, Dabo and Meyer"...When we had absolutely NOBODY to compare the situation or hire to because nobody at the level our program is at (Conference affiliation, recent success, overall big budget program) has ever done it/hired a non Coordinator or HC at any level to run their program. Biggest coaching gamble I've ever seen....and one with very small potential for upside so it is really head-scratching.

Chadwell has done way more than just one good season at CCU. He's turned around a few programs, and he is a known factor in the collegiate coaching world. This will 95% be his last year at CCU...unless he doesn't think the program/offer is worth it to jump ship over something at CCU. That program he 's built is not too unlike an App State.....except the incline has been much quicker.

NGU and CSU are irrelevant. Reality is, if Chadwell wasn't coaching at CCU, he wouldn't even be on our fans radar. Most probably wouldn't have even heard of him. It's just fomo. Some of our fans are freaked that he may turn out to be a good P5 head coach and then we look stupid for not trying to get a guy from a few hours down the road from us.

I would give Chadwell a hard look as OC if Satterfield can't make concrete improvements by the end of the year. Chadwell might get a P5 job next year, but it won't be a big job. On the other hand, if he comes to USC for a couple years as OC and gives us a great offense, he might could go just about anywhere he wants as head coach and would be in line for a MUCH bigger pay day. Everyone loves offense and if he shows that he can do offense at the P5 level, he'll have a golden ticket.

Last edited:
NGU and CSU are irrelevant. Reality is, if Chadwell wasn't coaching at CCU, he wouldn't even be on our fans radar. Most probably wouldn't have even heard of him. It's just fomo. Some of our fans are freaked that he may turn out to be a good P5 head coach and then we look stupid for not trying to get a guy from a few hours down the road from us.
What he did at NGU and CSU should the biggest reason why he should be appealing to this fan base…..

LOL. What about the other 11 games? And replacing a cellar dweller from the Big 12 with a cellar dweller from the ACC doesn't change much.
They are G5 and one of the best in G5…. Remember App from a couple years ago? Or Citadel? What does that statement you just made make South Carolina? We are the bottom dwellers lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT