ADVERTISEMENT

Calling USCBatgirl21, please give us your perspective on the state of

Sorry...didn't see this thread until this morning.

1 - Baseball is a marathon, not a sprint.
2 - Do I see things that concern me - yes. Am I going to trust that the coaches will use the multiple games this week to play around with some things to see if they can fix the issues - yes. Need to have things worked out before SEC play starts the 13th.
3 - Am I going to give it longer than 3 weekends before I decide what the season will bring - absolutely. Those who have determined right now, with us sitting at 7-3, that the season is over...well I just don't have time for that.
4 - Was I upset with starting Reagan yesterday after his first two outings - yes. I have not been impressed with him so far, and every year I see some of the old things that Jerry used to do with pitchers that used to drive us crazy back in the day. It drives me crazy that it's the same arms over and over again.
5 - 2 years and 3 weekends is not enough of a tenure to determine if we have the right coach. Let's give it a little longer ok. I will trust in CRT to make the right decision when the time comes. Also, I think CCH had
6 - WE WILL LOSE SOME GAMES WE'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO. We do every year. Nothing we can do about that. As they say...it's baseball.
7 - Does it suck to lose to Clemsux? ABSOLUTELY. But, I'm over it.

I think our program is in the right hands. Many of the same things we're hearing about CCH today, folks said about CRT from 2005-2009, and were saying about CRT early in the 2010 season. I'm going to give him more time.

I am going to be a fan of Gamecock Baseball regardless. Do I get frustrated over things I see that I might have done differently (more often in hindsight), yes. BUT, I am not a coach. Yes, I know my fair share, and then some, about the game. And I used that knowledge to keep my head about me. Also, I don't let a loss get me so mad at the world that I'm absolutely insufferable to be around, like it seems many here do. That's because Little Man has taught me to enjoy the game for what it is...it's a game.

This may not be what y'all want to hear, and quite honestly, oh well. It's my feelings right now at this moment. Could they change, absolutely. Things could get better, things could get worse. I prefer to let the season play out before I make a decision on what shape our program is.
This post was edited on 3/3 9:11 AM by USCBatgirl21

Originally posted by USCBatgirl21:

2 - Do I see things that concern me - yes. Am I going to trust that the coaches will use the multiple games this week to play around with some things to see if they can fix the issues - yes. Need to have things worked out before SEC play starts the 13th.
3 - Am I going to give it longer than 3 weekends before I decide what the season will bring - absolutely. Those who have determined right now, with us sitting at 7-3, that the season is over...well I just don't have time for that.
4 - Was I upset with starting Reagan yesterday after his first two outings - yes. I have not been impressed with him so far, and every year I see some of the old things that Jerry used to do with pitchers that used to drive us crazy back in the day. It drives me crazy that it's the same arms over and over again.
5 - 2 years and 3 weekends is not enough of a tenure to determine if we have the right coach. Let's give it a little longer ok. I will trust in CRT to make the right decision when the time comes. Also, I think CCH had
6 - WE WILL LOSE SOME GAMES WE'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO. We do every year. Nothing we can do about that. As they say...it's baseball.

I think our program is in the right hands. Many of the same things we're hearing about CCH today, folks said about CRT from 2005-2009, and were saying about CRT early in the 2010 season. I'm going to give him more time.

I am going to be a fan of Gamecock Baseball regardless. Do I get frustrated over things I see that I might have done differently (more often in hindsight), yes. BUT, I am not a coach. Yes, I know my fair share, and then some, about the game. And I used that knowledge to keep my head about me. Also, I don't let a loss get me so mad at the world that I'm absolutely insufferable to be around, like it seems many here do. That's because Little Man has taught me to enjoy the game for what it is...it's a game.

This may not be what y'all want to hear, and quite honestly, oh well. It's my feelings right now at this moment. Could they change, absolutely. Things could get better, things could get worse. I prefer to let the season play out before I make a decision on what shape our program is.

Wow, well said Batgirl. Hope that settles the dust around here a little.

"1 - Baseball is a marathon, not a sprint."....

and a child shall lead them.

some still tryin' 2 figure out how '61 yanks lost 53 games of 162.:)

I think Holbrook should start Clarke Schmidt on Sunday's myself. Clarke Schmidt came in on the game on Saturday and looked confident.

Originally posted by USCBatgirl21:

Thanks, USCBatgirl21, I highly respect your opinion and perspective.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT