ADVERTISEMENT

Champ's 175K Bonus This Season

What was that about? UGA win?

With the 4.4mil base, one would think he might decline or donate back to the university after the 4-8 run.

Are you serious? Did he really get a 175k bonus? He got a bonus for being an abject failure that it would take the average household in South Carolina 3 1/2 years to make? And Ray Tanner still has supporters.

By any objective measure I am a failure. Mid 40's, low income, ratty 25 year old car, no wife or girlfriend, penis on the low end of average. But the job I have I do it well, and I'm not getting a 4% bonus. I don't deserve it, and neither does Eskimuschamp.

What was that about? UGA win?

With the 4.4mil base, one would think he might decline or donate back to the university after the 4-8 run.
If in fact he did get this bonus, well, @giveitback.

Are you serious? Did he really get a 175k bonus? He got a bonus for being an abject failure that it would take the average household in South Carolina 3 1/2 years to make? And Ray Tanner still has supporters.

By any objective measure I am a failure. Mid 40's, low income, ratty 25 year old car, no wife or girlfriend, penis on the low end of average. But the job I have I do it well, and I'm not getting a 4% bonus. I don't deserve it, and neither does Eskimuschamp.
I'm standing in the check out line at Best Buy and couldn't hold in a laugh when I read "penis on the low end of average."

A few things: (1) I have no idea if he actually got this bonus. (2) I agree that the the very idea of him getting a bonus this year is sheer craziness. But (3) aren't these kinds of things spelled out in contracts? IF his agreement with the university says he gets a bonus for, say, beating a top 5 team (just conjecturing here) then on what basis could he not get it (barring another clause nullifying the bonus on the basis of overall record). I want the house cleaned just like everybody else, but I'm going to assume that if he got a bonus this year the University was legally bound to give it...though the honorable thing would have been to reject it. Just thinking aloud and, yes, I know there's a lot of conjecture in this.

Reactions: DrMickey and Brace1

TMI, man, TMI.

Best post of the week.....It’s comical that he has incentives for winning a CFP playoff game, National Championship or Coach of the Year......like that’s ever gonna happen.

Reactions: Tall Squirrel
If he was smart he’d give up about 1 mil of his own salary to hire the best OC out there.

Legend status achieved.

A few things: (1) I have no idea if he actually got this bonus. (2) I agree that the the very idea of him getting a bonus this year is sheer craziness. But (3) aren't these kinds of things spelled out in contracts? IF his agreement with the university says he gets a bonus for, say, beating a top 5 team (just conjecturing here) then on what basis could he not get it (barring another clause nullifying the bonus on the basis of overall record). I want the house cleaned just like everybody else, but I'm going to assume that if he got a bonus this year the University was legally bound to give it...though the honorable thing would have been to reject it. Just thinking aloud and, yes, I know there's a lot of conjecture in this.
Probably the "bonus" was conditional - WMs breath would have to fog a mirror to justify it. Call it a SJB.....shitty job bonus

You need to post more. Lots more.

tenor.gif

I'm sure it was in the contract. But you would think most regular season wins would be baked into a 4.4 million base salary?

As far as a clause nullifying it for the lame season...doubtful. Everything we know about this contract is in Muschamp's wheelhouse. Can't imagine this is any different. Thanks again, Ray.

Source:
https://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries/ (#23)

Wanna go out on a date?

Ah, I get it now. We can't afford the buyout because we the money pay Muschamp's bonuses! OH!!! DUH!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT