ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson pay to play

That guy knows his stuff. He had a relationship with Clemson’s own Nikki Haley. /s
That guy has been after Haley since she defeated him to get the Republican nomination in a County election about 10 years ago. He "burned too many bridges" as a Lobbyist to have a chance.
But he has to work hard to get us as "click bait". I had about forgot him, until he was implying that Muschamp was likely the Auburn coach who offered $300k to R. Gary, just because Gary's mother went on a rant about Will lying to her about being at AU for awhile and leaving for Columbia. It is just clickbait. All b.s. about Will.
What the taters may have done, he could be very correct.

Reactions: rogue cock
Well Clemson just picked up another 4star WR out of Alabama. I guess they just outbid LSU, Auburn and Bama. Doubt it. This $$$ argument is weak.

Look at the last 10 years of recruiting rankings. They’ve steadily built it into what it is today. Started with Spiller, Watkins and Boyd. They’ve capitalized by winning in a weak ACC but you have to give them credit. If you look at the progression since Dumbo took over, its been very consistent. Both wins and recruiting rankings have gotten better almost every single year since 2011. Winning big games on ESPN and National Relevance is a bigger factor than some anonymous bagman.

Clemson is winning in recruiting because they built good program to sell over time, recruited generational QBs and sold the program better than most. We all laughed when Dabo told us how good they were but now they’ve proven it by beating Bama for championships. It didn’t happen overnight. I don’t like it but it’s the truth. Stop the conspiracy theories and man up.

First paragraph is correct, second is not. They are suspended due to NCAA rules on post-season testing. CFP could not suspend a player for the full year....only a CFP game.
Thanks for saying that in a much better way. My thoughts were on the fact that if those 2 teams return to the CFP, those players will be the 1st players tested. And the NCAA enforces the penalty until 2nd week of December.
Thanks for helping me out on that.

Wether they did or didn’t. It’s for sure they don’t have to do it now. A1 exposure on ESPN and they have developed talent for all recruits to see. It really could not have went any better for that place than the last 5 years.
If they have been doing it they would be absolutely stupid to continue.

Well Clemson just picked up another 4star WR out of Alabama. I guess they just outbid LSU, Auburn and Bama. Doubt it. This $$$ argument is weak.

Look at the last 10 years of recruiting rankings. They’ve steadily built it into what it is today. Started with Spiller, Watkins and Boyd. They’ve capitalized by winning in a weak ACC but you have to give them credit. If you look at the progression since Dumbo took over, its been very consistent. Both wins and recruiting rankings have gotten better almost every single year since 2011. Winning big games on ESPN and National Relevance is a bigger factor than some anonymous bagman.

Clemson is winning in recruiting because they built good program to sell over time, recruited generational QBs and sold the program better than most. We all laughed when Dabo told us how good they were but now they’ve proven it by beating Bama for championships. It didn’t happen overnight. I don’t like it but it’s the truth. Stop the conspiracy theories and man up.
That’s why it’s being protected now! Everything Clemsux has done in the past to get where they’re at, has to be protected at all costs! Or they go back to being a football school in a basketball conference losing to Wake Forest.

Mods- Might want to close this thread. I think Will was at Auburn when Gary was offered that money.

This is something that I've never really been able to rationalize either. I tend to believe all schools are dirty in their own ways, but there's just no way ALL of these kids and their families would be able to keep quiet in every circumstance, is there?
the kid quit going to class and questionable social media posts after being on academic probation tends to get you thrown out of school.
But then knowing his rumored social habits, why did we keep giving more chances to Derek Watson? I'm all for second chances with kids, but if things don't change, that chance is gone.
We could cite many examples, that is past.
The College Football landscape is "ten-fold advanced" during the last 5 years. We need to make sure we do not get left behind.
We tend to keep the status quo and build our program to catch up.
With the revenue that we have, we should be on the cutting edge.

Last edited:
Rashan Gary and Xavier Thomas. The NCAA has two obvious cases of pay to play but they aren't doing anything about it! I couldn't find a link to contact the infraction committee online. Anyone else have their contact info so we can flood their inbox with requests to look into at least these two cases?
If you are not satisfied with the 2 avenues to report issues, that they have on their home site, I am not sure how to help you.

Strange..So I googled "Xavier Thomas 2 new cars". Fascinating results. It seems he purchased the first car the day after he verbally committed to Clemson. Guess when he purchased the second?

His mom also got a new car the day after the commitment. She works as a helper at a Day Care Center in Florence.

I hear from kids all the time up in them thar hills that XT is widely known to carry loads of cash, always has on new clothes, and sports vehicles many of us could not afford. I have not seen it, but I hear it pretty often during the holidays when the kids come home.

Y’all the biggest bunch of babies ever were. You’re losers because your players and coaching staff suck. You can’t recruit for the same reason.
How do you fix that? Some of you accuse your Upstate rival and a church of things you have no proof of.

Dude, why are you so adamant about defending Lemson allegations? You seem to spit out all kinds of conjecture and assumptions about our Gamecocks without a shred of proof. This seems really odd and confusing.

Johnny, surely you’re saying that guy is confusing in jest? Oh wait, he is a long time fan:rolleyes:

Y’all the biggest bunch of babies ever were. You’re losers because your players and coaching staff suck. You can’t recruit for the same reason.
How do you fix that? Some of you accuse your Upstate rival and a church of things you have no proof of.

Dabo, stop. You’re embarrassing yourself

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT