ADVERTISEMENT

Close call for the ladies

Came away with the W but not a great performance. It is the "survive and move on" time of the year though. Hopefully they pick it up against UCheat Thursday night in Knoxville.

Yup, I've been a little worried about a big let down sooner or later...I hope it's not during the madness.

That a good type of wake up call. You get pushed to the brink on a day when you are not playing well but still win. Hopefully that gets their attention locked back to where it should be. Hopefully they didnt get caught looking forward to Tennessee.

Reactions: tngamecock#
Ole Miss, along with Uconn and LSU ran pick and roll a lot. Other team has to shoot mid range well for it to work. Ole Miss did. Ladies couldn't get it down low well enough. Once again it seemed they outlasted them with the depth. Old Cardoso got lost underneath and took some back 1 footers. She's got to have better position and know where she is. Credit Ole Miss for causing that. It did seem the officials blew the whistle a little too much on Lady G's. I think Beal fouled out for the first time this year. Don't think we have that many foul out all year.

Reactions: FORKCOCK
Ole Miss, along with Uconn and LSU ran pick and roll a lot. Other team has to shoot mid range well for it to work. Ole Miss did. Ladies couldn't get it down low well enough. Once again it seemed they outlasted them with the depth. Old Cardoso got lost underneath and took some back 1 footers. She's got to have better position and know where she is. Credit Ole Miss for causing that. It did seem the officials blew the whistle a little too much on Lady G's. I think Beal fouled out for the first time this year. Don't think we have that many foul out all year.
Actually, other than a few minutes in the first half we basically played 7 people. Johnson and Cardoza played most of the 2nd half instead of Saxton/Fletcher. Other than that, I don’t remember seeing anyone else play in the second half

Came away with the W but not a great performance. It is the "survive and move on" time of the year though. Hopefully they pick it up against UCheat Thursday night in Knoxville.
I’m amazed the officials didn’t call a foul on Boston during the last 7 seconds of regular play. It looked for sure that she tripped her and then fell on her as the other girl was falling to the floor. If the foul had been called Ole Miss goes to the line with only 2 seconds remaining in the game. I’m really happy they didn’t call a foul but I know the Miss fans were very unhappy it wasn’t called.

They just looked kind of lackadaisical or not focused. They made lazy passes, and didn't hit the boards like they normally do and the FT shooting was terrible. Aliyah is normally very dependable at the FT line but missed about 4 in a row at one point. I hope they got that out of their system and get dialed in for UT and the post season.

Actually, other than a few minutes in the first half we basically played 7 people. Johnson and Cardoza played most of the 2nd half instead of Saxton/Fletcher. Other than that, I don’t remember seeing anyone else play in the second half
Guess my point is our 7 or 8 are better than anyone’s 7 or 8. LA got a few minutes too. That type of depth can wear on you.

Guess my point is our 7 or 8 are better than anyone’s 7 or 8. LA got a few minutes too. That type of depth can wear on you.
It depends on the game. There was a game at Alabama I believe, where Bree Hall came up big. Ashlynn Watkins played well in the second quarter of the Stanford Game. Even Olivia hit a big three in the comeback over Stanford. If you perform, Dawn will keep you out there. If you don't, you can come sit beside her. The point is getting the win, whether we play 5 or all 14.

Certainly have to agree with you. However, there is also something going unnoticed, that is working to our benefit. The Schedule.

Since Feb 5th, we've played UConn, on the road. We played LSU, we played Miss State, on the road and we're going to play Tenn, on the road. My Point??? We're playing the toughest part of our schedule right now, with most of those being on the road. We're getting ready for the tournaments and maybe going undefeated. Kinda like sharpening your sword prior to going into battle.

I've said that all year about Cordoso. She plays way too far under the basket and can barely get a shot off. Almost cost us the game with that last one she took.

If they are going to lose one I would prefer it be now or in the SEC tourney.
Totally agree. I think losing to Kensucky last year made them laser focused for the NCAA tourney. I also agree with the poster who said they looked a little lackadaisical. Ideally, they don't actually have to lose one to get refocused, a close call does it.

Totally agree. I think losing to Kensucky last year made them laser focused for the NCAA tourney. I also agree with the poster who said they looked a little lackadaisical. Ideally, they don't actually have to lose one to get refocused, a close call does it.
If you haven’t seen the video of Coach Jollete’s after-game press conference on YouTube you really should see it. It is truly inspiring for players and fans of both teams. I now understand why her teams are gaining ground.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT