ADVERTISEMENT

Connor Shaw has something to say

I love Shaw and all. But this happens when the players don't trust the staff. They can't get with the program that got them to this point.

If Shaw, Swearinger, Clowney, Lattimore, et al were transported to the future (now) at USC they would think they had been sent to college football hell. I simply don't know who the guys are on this year's team. So many of them seem like imposters.
As good as those teams were at the time, looking back, I've come to the conclusion they probably underachieved. Go back and watch that 2012 Georgia game, look at the talent we had all over the field, and tell me how none of those guys ever made it to a BCS bowl. I think 10-2 is what this coaching staff did with national title-caliber talent. The last two years show what they do with average talent.

As good as those teams were at the time, looking back, I've come to the conclusion they probably underachieved. Go back and watch that 2012 Georgia game, look at the talent we had all over the field, and tell me how none of those guys ever made it to a BCS bowl. I think 10-2 is what this coaching staff did with national title-caliber talent. The last two years show what they do with average talent.
Underachieved may be a bit too harsh, but we did have that one WTF game a year that was hard to explain and cost us. It's debatable which game was hardest to explain: the Auburn game, the game we didn't show up in Florida, or the Tennessee game which was the worst play calling game of the Spurrier era. Though to be fair, the only reason we didn't go to any BCS bowl games was a ridiculous rule put in place simply to limit the SEC from getting more than 2 teams in.

Almost all teams have those games every year. It's an anomaly to go undefeated, rather than the norm even with the most elite of talent. That run was great, celebrate it for what it was.

We lost at LSU and at Florida in 2012. Both teams with as much, if not more, future NFL players than us. If anything, we overachieved by beating Clemson, in Death Valley, without Shaw or Lattimore.

We lost at LSU and at Florida in 2012. Both teams with as much, if not more, future NFL players than us. If anything, we overachieved by beating Clemson, in Death Valley, without Shaw or Lattimore.
Wrong gameplan vs LSU on both sides of the ball. The adjustments made in the 2nd half, were too late. Florida capitalized on every turnover and when they got the ball 1st in the 2nd half, they drove right down the field and scored. Not our day. Got whipped. Yes, there were lapses with the coaching staff that cost us very important games. But look at Ole Miss and Miss St last year. They looked like world beaters, then fell apart. We always finished strong and won our bowl games.

I would argue we would be 8-3, maybe 9-2 with Connor Shaw at QB this year. We would have beat UK, Mizzou, A&M, UT, El Cid and maybe UF. I miss that guy. We need a new staff and a game changer at QB. Hopefully that is McIlwain.

Wrong gameplan vs LSU on both sides of the ball. The adjustments made in the 2nd half, were too late. Florida capitalized on every turnover and when they got the ball 1st in the 2nd half, they drove right down the field and scored. Not our day. Got whipped. Yes, there were lapses with the coaching staff that cost us very important games. But look at Ole Miss and Miss St last year. They looked like world beaters, then fell apart. We always finished strong and won our bowl games.

As I remember, a lot of players had the flu at LSU that year.

Clemson Grad and Fan shout out to Connor Shaw

BEST read-option QB to ever play for SC

if not for him we win more games against SC

Worked hard and deserved all the accolades he got and some he didn't get

He needs to be in the SC HOF ASAP

Apparently you didn't read his tweet prior to that one that called out the players.

Maybe he should call out SOS insteadM

He did ... tweeting the day SOS announced his resignation how honored he felt to have played for a man he called one of the finest men and mentor's he has ever known.
Spurrier did more for SC football than anyone in its history ... that fact ain't even a close call.

Reactions: Tigerof66
He didn't call out the fans. Chopping up statements and putting your own spin to it. Some people love to start drama.

Reactions: rpp2001
He's calling out EVERYBODY who claims to be a Gamecock.

Players, coaches, alums. Even the T-shirt fans who are not bandwagon riders who climbed aboard only for the good times,

Ok Suites...you are wrong. He was calling out the players...didn't say a word about the fans.

https://www.seccountry.com/south-carolina/connor-shaw-calls-out-south-carolina-fans-players

And if you think he was calling out the fans, I'd love to know what the fans did wrong? If NO ONE complained about only winning 3 games, there would be a whole different problem. People bitching shows people care and want better. So no...he was NOT complaining about Gamecocks fans demanding better.

Reactions: cemani
Ok Suites...you are wrong. He was calling out the players...didn't say a word about the fans.

https://www.seccountry.com/south-carolina/connor-shaw-calls-out-south-carolina-fans-players

And if you think he was calling out the fans, I'd love to know what the fans did wrong? If NO ONE complained about only winning 3 games, there would be a whole different problem. People bitching shows people care and want better. So no...he was NOT complaining about Gamecocks fans demanding better.

There are three different posts there. One is clearly to the players.

Another is to "Forever to Thee." That's ALL OF US, not just the players.

No. He was including Gamecock fans and OUR continual moaning and bitching. New coaching staff is a given. Yet WE continue to moan and bitch. WE whine about and demean the legacy of the winningest coach in OUR history,

WE act like a nursery full of petulant children.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT