ADVERTISEMENT

Dabo vs. Muschamp

Status
Not open for further replies.
That doesn't really make sense considering how much longer Dabo has coached. If you want to compare their first 49 games:

Coach A is 28-21, with a 2-1 bowl record
Coach B is 30-19 with a 1-3 bowl record

Far closer.

Coach A is 1-1 in bowls. Beat OSU in Gator, lost to Louisville in Sugar and was fired before the Birmingham.

I acknowledge his enthusiasm and energy and understand how that translates into effective recruiting. As far as him being "real" and "genuine" I don't see it. Maybe it's the aw shucks, country bumpkin persona. Maybe it's the fact that a man nearly fifty years old calls himself Dabo. Or the dancing and goofy, childish antics. That just does not appeal to me. I want a guy making millions of dollars and representing my university to speak grammatically correct English and act like a grown up. I think it's all a well played act. Yes, what you see is basically his personality, but he plays it up for the cameras and is very shrewd. Dabo is like a businessman or politician. He has crafted a message and honed it over the years into a stump speech and now he repeats it every chance he gets. He is very media savvy. He knows how to get his message out, whether it is a scripted, rehearsed rant such as The Real Carolina or Bring Your Own Guts or a thirty second pre halftime interview as he walks off the field. The man is smart that way. Brilliant even. He will do whatever it takes to sell himself and his program and protects it with an almost cult like fervor. He has even used his faith to sell the program.

Every so often even Dabo slips up and you can get a peek behind the curtain at the true man. When he was pulled by the police officer for speeding, you certainly did not see an affable ol country boy yucking it up and Dabbing. Rather, the camera caught an angry, outraged, indignant, rude and churlish redneck. Same thing when reporters question him too much or challenge him, as with the DJ Reader incident this Fall. He snapped and went off point briefly. You can also see it with team discipline. Sure, he'll preach religion and ethics and the "specialness" of Clemson. He'll act like nothing bad ever happens at Clemson. Then you see him not discipline Joe Craig after he beats his girlfriend with a towel rod. In fact, he kept that and other incidents out of the media for as long as possible. It's all about branding, control, and messaging. He does it better than anyone.
At the end of the day the man has built a winning program and the recruiting is phenomenal. And he's not breaking any rules. Give him credit. But don't act like he is some "keep it real" guy. He is far, far from it.
That was Dabo's brother that did all the talking...He is a former police officer himself im told.

That was Dabo's brother that did all the talking...He is a former police officer himself im told.
You're told? Haha. So it was all dumbo's brother? Really? Don't believe and then repeat the clemsux fables. Watch the video. It's free! dumbo was told to stay in the vehicle, but wouldn't obey the officer. dumbo's a tool & so is his bully brother.

Reactions: mbsurfside
Good recruits went to SC because Spurrier was coach. It's a tough sales job to get the best there now. Even with facility upgrades, it's still SC.

Good recruits go to Florida and Texas because they are Florida and Texas. The right coach can win at either place.
Lol. Dont look now, but good recruits are coming to Carolina...now, as I type. #Spursup! Must not be that tough of a sales job to get the best. At least not for Muschamp. He can sell ice to an Eskimo (just look at his wife..then look at him).

Lol. Dont look now, but good recruits are coming to Carolina...now, as I type. #Spursup! Must not be that tough of a sales job to get the best. At least not for Muschamp. He can sell ice to an Eskimo (just look at his wife..then look at him).
Who has muschamp got to commit that highly touted besides Bryan Edwards, who's only at sc because Clemson wouldn't let him be a wr? Sc has 1 recruit that's in the rivals top 300. Spurrier had a bunch of 3 star commits just like muschamp is getting.

Last edited:
Who has muschamp got to commit that highly touted besides Bryan Edwards, who's only at sc because Clemson wouldn't let him be a wr? Sc has 1 recruit that's in the rivals top 300. Spurrier had a bunch of 3 star commits just like muschamp is getting.
Give it time. I'm not saying Muschamp will do it this year, but the guy can sell. And whether or not Edwards would have gone to Clemson if they let him play receiver, he's at Carolina as a 4 star. I'll take it.

Pay attention Tater tot. I know you're slow. He got the DB King who is a 4 star. Kinlaw is a 4 star All without a complete staff. Now go pound sand or play in traffic. Or perhaps get back to your coloring books

Reactions: UpstateGamecock2
Pay attention Tater tot. I know you're slow. He got the DB King who is a 4 star. Kinlaw is a 4 star All without a complete staff. Now go pound sand or play in traffic. Or perhaps get back to your coloring books
Kinlaw is a 3 star. The only service that has him as a 4 star is 247 which is the least respected service. I know thats hard to understand so keep up. King is a JUCO, and we all know how that worked out for you last year. Muschamp has put together an impressive class if y'all were in the sun belt. Get back at me when he brings in 2 five stars in one day.

No you said he only had Edwards. I clearly pointed out you were incorrect. He has done this in 2 weeks with an incomplete staff. Now just admit you were wrong and pound sand you dolt.

Reactions: uscguy327
E
No you said he only had Edwards. I clearly pointed out you were incorrect. He has done this in 2 weeks with an incomplete staff. Now just admit you were wrong and pound sand you dolt.
Edwards is your only highly touted recruit muschamp has picked up, and he's not even in the rivals 300. Go back and read my post, I said the only highly touted recruit he's gotten to commit is Edwards. That's why I didn't mention the other ones because they aren't highly thought of. Keep up.

E

Edwards is your only highly touted recruit muschamp has picked up, and he's not even in the rivals 300. Go back and read my post, I said the only highly touted recruit he's gotten to commit is Edwards. That's why I didn't mention the other ones because they aren't highly thought of. Keep up.

Well I would consider a 4 star CB highly rated despite what someone like you says. We really don't care what you think. Thanks for playing

877fa193-acd0-49ad-b8e8-cc7ac42e6fc8.gif

Reactions: cornstock99
Haha. clemsux didnt want him, so he chose Carolina. ya'll never lose, you just beat yourselves. Muschamp's been here less than 3 weeks and has assembled a great coaching staff who are also amazing recruiters (including the #1 recruiter in the nation). I know why you're on your rival's board. You're just a little nervous inside. Great things are happening at Carolina. Next year, we might just score 5 more points than this year and beat clemsux in death valley, again.

Last edited:
Dabo did not kick off two players who beat women. Care nothing about his type ! He may win in the Acc. Don't care. So all you gamecock fans pump up dabo all u want.

1471, I'M not talking about 5 years ago or last year or this year. Get it out of your head. I'm talking about the NOW. I'm talking about Muschamp's staff coaching against Dabo and his staff. I'm talking about our facilities now and going forward compared to yours. I'm talking about this year we had revenues of over 100 million dollars compared to Clemson barley making 70 million. I'm talking about the SEC Network paying out 500 Million to the conference members in just the second year of existence and is expected to top over I billion dollars in the next 5 years. We don't have to compete with a powerhouse SEC program being in South Carolina. Only ACC opponent Clemson. Simply put, in years past Clemson could compete and in some years surpass South Carolina but those days are forever gone. Don't let the last two years success trap you in believing we will not dominate this state. We most recently did in all sports and now do in everything but football but that will change much sooner than you think. Just too much odds against Tillman University.

1471, I'M not talking about 5 years ago or last year or this year. Get it out of your head. I'm talking about the NOW. I'm talking about Muschamp's staff coaching against Dabo and his staff. I'm talking about our facilities now and going forward compared to yours. I'm talking about this year we had revenues of over 100 million dollars compared to Clemson barley making 70 million. I'm talking about the SEC Network paying out 500 Million to the conference members in just the second year of existence and is expected to top over I billion dollars in the next 5 years. We don't have to compete with a powerhouse SEC program being in South Carolina. Only ACC opponent Clemson. Simply put, in years past Clemson could compete and in some years surpass South Carolina but those days are forever gone. Don't let the last two years success trap you in believing we will not dominate this state. We most recently did in all sports and now do in everything but football but that will change much sooner than you think. Just too much odds against Tillman University.
Are you strictly talking about the revenue that we bring in? Or dominating Clem in all sports or football or what? Obviously we're well on our way to complete domination in basketball and baseball.

The days of domination in baseball occurred when it was Leggett against Tanner. That's not the match up now. We have significantly upgraded the position, and I guess we will see about the Holbroook hire. I like our chances going forward.

You can say what you want about Dabo but he is in the ACC with a bunch of basketball schools that are week football teams He has hired a good group of coaches to coach while he sells and cheers. You taters got a lot of wins against teams that were without their starting QBs and other key players. Only beat us by 5 points with an all world QB while we have a walk on. Yea you guys are giant killers. If you can pull the rabbit out of another hat and win the NC I may change my mind but we will see what you are made of shortly.Sooner or later your luck will run out. Enjoy it while you can. Next year will be a different story. Write it down.

Its hard to' draw comparisons because of the vast amount of difference between the ACC and the SEC. Only in the ACC could Dabo and Clemson have the success they currently enjoy. With all things being equal, yeah, I'll take Muschamp over Swinney in recruiting and coaching any day.

After Swinney gets exposed by the Sooners all this Dabo this and that praise will be over.
I have mentioned this to many this year - the only difference in clempson's year this year is they caught FSU at a weaker position and lucked out with ND and played us with a walk-on QB and pitiful defense and only won by 5!! On top of all that the other UNDEFEATED ACC regular season team lost their only regular season team to us ! if they beat OK and win the NC then I'll be impressed - otherwise it's like that Hawaii team that GA a few years ago.

I
Haha. clemsux didnt want him, so he chose Carolina. ya'll never lose, you just beat yourselves. Muschamp's been here less than 3 weeks and has assembled a great coaching staff who are also amazing recruiters (including the #1 recruiter in the nation). I know why you're on your rival's board. You're just a little nervous inside. Great things are happening at Carolina. Next year, we might just score 5 more points than this year and beat clemsux in death valley, again.

I agree that coach boom is being very aggressive , but I still think it's a little early to say things are " exciting" yet..

I

I agree that coach boom is being very aggressive , but I still think it's a little early to say things are " exciting" yet..
Ummm, okay, "new member"..."joined today". I never said "exciting"; however, we really don't care what you think.

Last edited:
Well like like I said champ boom is really aggressive and will do a good job , " amazing ", I do think that's a little premature..

Well like like I said champ boom is really aggressive and will do a good job , " amazing ", I do think that's a little premature..
Reading comprehension, it's pretty important. I never mentioned that Muschamp was amazing. I referred to the coaching staff, so far, as "amazing recruiters". This is not a good way to begin your first day on FGF.

Last edited:
I think that TR has a lot of connections on the east coast , champ as well . His work ethic has always been impressive, I do think he will get recruiting back to a high level at Carolina..

I acknowledge his enthusiasm and energy and understand how that translates into effective recruiting. As far as him being "real" and "genuine" I don't see it. Maybe it's the aw shucks, country bumpkin persona. Maybe it's the fact that a man nearly fifty years old calls himself Dabo. Or the dancing and goofy, childish antics. That just does not appeal to me. I want a guy making millions of dollars and representing my university to speak grammatically correct English and act like a grown up. I think it's all a well played act. Yes, what you see is basically his personality, but he plays it up for the cameras and is very shrewd. Dabo is like a businessman or politician. He has crafted a message and honed it over the years into a stump speech and now he repeats it every chance he gets. He is very media savvy. He knows how to get his message out, whether it is a scripted, rehearsed rant such as The Real Carolina or Bring Your Own Guts or a thirty second pre halftime interview as he walks off the field. The man is smart that way. Brilliant even. He will do whatever it takes to sell himself and his program and protects it with an almost cult like fervor. He has even used his faith to sell the program.

Every so often even Dabo slips up and you can get a peek behind the curtain at the true man. When he was pulled by the police officer for speeding, you certainly did not see an affable ol country boy yucking it up and Dabbing. Rather, the camera caught an angry, outraged, indignant, rude and churlish redneck. Same thing when reporters question him too much or challenge him, as with the DJ Reader incident this Fall. He snapped and went off point briefly. You can also see it with team discipline. Sure, he'll preach religion and ethics and the "specialness" of Clemson. He'll act like nothing bad ever happens at Clemson. Then you see him not discipline Joe Craig after he beats his girlfriend with a towel rod. In fact, he kept that and other incidents out of the media for as long as possible. It's all about branding, control, and messaging. He does it better than anyone.
At the end of the day the man has built a winning program and the recruiting is phenomenal. And he's not breaking any rules. Give him credit. But don't act like he is some "keep it real" guy. He is far, far from it.
I don't recall him being outraged and rude during the traffic stop!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT