ADVERTISEMENT

Darla Moore angry at USC

wil-cocks

Dec 4, 2003
Her mother died on April 1, and no one at the University acknowledged it or sent her any condolences, but Clemson did.

She wrote a scathing letter to the board saying the most disappointing thing in her life was the money she has given the University.

It's on Charleston Post and Corrier sight. I would link but don't know how.

This is really bad...

Shameful. More reason we need a BOT overhaul. Shame on them and President Caslen.

Condolences to the Moore family from this Gamecock.

Her mother died on April 1, and no one at the University acknowledged it or sent her any condolences, but Clemson did.

She wrote a scathing letter to the board saying the most disappointing thing in her life was the money she has given the University.

This is really bad...

This is really bad...
Take her name off the business school?

Par for the course. Then again Nikki Haley forced the largest benefactor in our school's history ($75,000,000) off the BOT & replaced her with a guy who contributed $4500 to her campaign. Sadly, after she royally screwed our university many of our alumni have & will continue to blindly support her. Not the first time the University pooped on her but it appears it will be the last. Just dumb beyond belief. We're getting exactly what we deserve.

Par for the course. Then again Nikki Haley forced the largest benefactor in our school's history ($75,000,000) off the BOT & replaced her with a guy who contributed $4500 to her campaign. Sadly, after she royally screwed our university many of our alumni have & will continue to blindly support her. Not the first time the University pooped on her but it appears it will be the last. Just dumb beyond belief. We're getting exactly what we deserve.

This doesn’t get talked about enough

This is really bad...

I think her Dad Graduated From Clemson. I think she attended Clemson right out of High School, changed her major which ultimately made her transfer to USC. She has also given money to Clemson. As far as Clemson paying their respects, it has to do with her money/given, her attending Clemson and her Dad being an Clemson alumni. I agree with you, if true from a PR move, it isn't good for USC.

This is really bad...
Can USC do anything right? I live in Virginia and I will be steering my kids to UVA, VA. Tech, or William and Mary. USC seems to end with disappointment no matter what it does. My mother wanted me to go to UGA and the longer I live, the more she looks like she knew what she was talking about. God bless her soul.

^This. I’m sad that our alumns didn’t protest this more.

The position on the board was reserved for the governor. It can and probably should change every time the governor changes. It's not meant to be a permanent spot.

Moore jumped into politics and spoke out against Hayley. She could not effectively serve the governor in that spot. If she wants a permanent spot, she needs to fill one, not be put in the governor's spot and expect to stay forever.

Reactions: Kuga1414 and 76MACC
You might want to do a little more research.

I get it. Darla is great at the self promotion into being something she’s not.

But you don’t have to pretend you had ever heard of her before she married Richard Rainwater and became a billionaire.

The position on the board was reserved for the governor. It can and probably should change every time the governor changes. It's not meant to be a permanent spot.

Moore jumped into politics and spoke out against Hayley. She could not effectively serve the governor in that spot. If she wants a permanent spot, she needs to fill one, not be put in the governor's spot and expect to stay forever.

What Haley did was better for her in that she got to reward a political supporter, it most certainly was was not in the best interest of USC. Unless you want to argue that a clemson grad pushing out a woman who committed $75,000,000 to USC & replacing her with a political crony is best for the University.

Who whines because some entity didn’t send condolences after your mother dies? Seriously, if your mother passes, you have to be seriously self absorbed to notice or care who did or didn’t send condolences!
She was already pissed off at USC about the hiring of Caslen and hasnt spoken to the school since so she was probably waiting for the slightest slip up to write them off.

Did she donate the money to make lives better for young people, or did she do it so she could act like a Diva? USC did not acknowledge my mother's death either. She has overplayed her hand, and it's a shame. Very impressive lady, and you do have to excuse people while they grieve. But she really should have set that letter aside and given it some time.

What Haley did was better for her in that she got to reward a political supporter, it most certainly was was not in the best interest of USC. Unless you want to argue that a clemson grad pushing out a woman who committed $75,000,000 to USC & replacing her with a political crony is best for the University.

Yes, she did what was best for her as governor. Nobody would allow a political enemy to be a representative for them.

If USC was worried about their best interest, they would have found a spot on the board for her that wasn't tied to politics.

Reactions: Joe MorrisonLives
She was already pissed off at USC about the hiring of Caslen and hasnt spoken to the school since so she was probably waiting for the slightest slip up to write them off.

Yep. She wanted the school to make her president because she’s donated a bunch of money.

• Haha
Reactions: SweetgrassVodka
Yes, she did what was best for her as governor. Nobody would allow a political enemy to be a representative for them.

If USC was worried about their best interest, they would have found a spot on the board for her that wasn't tied to politics.

She sure as hell did with no regard for the University. By that standard you should have no issue with with a board full of clem grads so long as they were appointed by people doing what is best for them.

Reactions: rogue cock
Well things are go swimmingly well. We had a BB Coach who was 3/4 of the way out the door but now we are forced to keep him so as not to lose funding. At the same time we piss off, apparently for good, our biggest donor. Nothing to see here folks, just move along. We are being lead by an elite team from top to bottom.

Last edited:
I don't care where the board members went to school if they're competent and put the university's best interests forward. I would imagine most elite graduates from any school wouldn't want to torpedo the largest university system in the state. But if you think Haley did it because she was a Clemson grad who wanted to hurt the University of South Carolina, rather than being a politician rewarding a political donor, you're a fool.
Where did I say she did it because she was a clem grad? I specifically said she did it because it was in her personal interest (rewarding a political crony). If you can't understand what I wrote, you're a fool.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT