ADVERTISEMENT

Does anyone have some money i could borrow?

The irony is that there is not an original thought in your reply.

Well, you'd have to be the first hypocrite on a political thread for the reply to be original, and you're nowhere near that. It still fits well though.

Inflation is not good. I agree with you there. But more jobs were created under Biden in the first 14 months of his presidency than any others' first 14 months. And I was critical of Biden on what I considered poor planning in the withdrawal from Afghanistan. But he has done a superb job of uniting the West against Putin. And Trump's own national security advisor, John Bolton, said Putin was waiting for Trump to withdraw the U.S. from NATO in a 2nd term.
Government jobs. Not private sector. And most of the private sector ones were not created. They were reimplemented from layoffs of covid.

Musk is saying the price increases are due to inflation/increasing commodity prices. So, that dream of batteries being cheap is just a dream. They will likely do nothing but get more expensive.
Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t the entire auto industry increasing prices on both new and used cars? In fact I would argue Teslas increases are less than other dealers. I fail to see where this is a Tesla issue.

Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t the entire auto industry increasing prices on both new and used cars? In fact I would argue Teslas increases are less than other dealers. I fail to see where this is a Tesla issue.

The average price of new vehicles was going up strongly before COVID and has only increased.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979

To some extent, but not as much as Tesla. The new Model S came out last year at $79900. It's $99,900 now. That's $20k in one year, with no changes. Same exact vehicles. $20k more.

And that's after a $10k price increase from the previous model that started at $69,420.

Last edited:
We are currently flirting with WWIII. Listen to this analysis from the Speaker of the House. So surreal and alarming that people like this are in charge of any crisis - let alone this one with Russia.

Sad to think she’s next in line for president after Kamala, who is incompetent for the job. Pelosi is over 80 and needs to retire.

To some extent, but not as much as Tesla. The new Model S came out last year at $79900. It's $99,900 now. That's $20k in one year, with no changes. Same exact vehicles. $20k more.

And that's after a $10k price increase from the previous model that started at $69,420.
They’re not candy canes, they’re luxury vehicles. They’re not priced to be for everyone. If you like it and want one buy it. If not you don’t have to. There’s plenty of other car options. Obviously Tesla can hike the price and still stay in business.

Reactions: Flameout12
They’re not candy canes, they’re luxury vehicles. They’re not priced to be for everyone. If you like it and want one buy it. If not you don’t have to. There’s plenty of other car options. Obviously Tesla can hike the price and still stay in business.

I wouldn’t call the Model S a luxury vehicle. It’s only priced like one.

But I thought we were supposed to be saving the earth here with EVs, not profiteering like the evil oil companies.

Yep. Plenty of other options. I prefer my old beat up pickup truck. Runs good, sits comfortably, can haul stuff, ain’t worried if you open a car door against it, gets washed by rain, I can work on it and keep most of it up myself. 1986 Silverado with 168,000 miles on it. Can’t beat it.

I wouldn’t call the Model S a luxury vehicle. It’s only priced like one.

But I thought we were supposed to be saving the earth here with EVs, not profiteering like the evil oil companies.
It’s still a business and at the end of the day they have a right to set their price at whatever they want….unless you believe government should be involved in business.

Name me a business that is not “profiteering”

Reactions: Cybercock
Yep. Plenty of other options. I prefer my old beat up pickup truck. Runs good, sits comfortably, can haul stuff, ain’t worried if you open a car door against it, gets washed by rain, I can work on it and keep most of it up myself. 1986 Silverado with 168,000 miles on it. Can’t beat it.
I have driven a Ford pickup in the past. Not the same truck obviously, but I bought it cheap, put a ton of miles on it, had the same care free philosophy and sold it for what I paid for it.

Reactions: Neanderthal
It’s still a business and at the end of the day they have a right to set their price at whatever they want….unless you believe government should be involved in business.

Name me a business that is not “profiteering”

I never said otherwise. But if it were really about saving the earth, profits wouldn't matter. It's about money. All of it, including the entire "green energy" bowel movement. And since it's all about money, that's exactly the reason politicians are pushing it while they fly around private jets, live in huge mansions, and driving big SUVs,

Last edited:
I never said otherwise. But if it were really about saving the earth, profits wouldn't matter. It's about money. All of it, including the entire "green energy" bowel movement. And since it's all about money, that's exactly the reason politicians are pushing it while they fly around private jets, live in huge mansions, and driving big SUVs,
You’re taking the red pill so there’s really nothing I can do to convince you otherwise.

It’s ironic you claim that “the government” is pushing Tesla without acknowledging the public spat between Elon Musk and Joe Biden. Biden has repeatedly touted GM and Ford and their American EVs and conveniently left out the #1 producer—Tesla. Biden doesn’t like their anti union stance so he avoids them. Musk has blasted Biden on Twitter several times.

You’re all worked up politically about that electric car no one is forcing you to buy but have no problem financing rich foreigners (including Putin until recently) because of your dependence on foreign oil.

I’m sure the CEOs of Shell, BP, Ford and Chevy live in a double wide and work paycheck to paycheck.

So again I find it ironic that you’ve thrown in the one company our government has completely ignored in the electric vehicle discussion and somehow claim that the government is pushing them for money. Green bowel movements aren’t concerning. It’s the red ones you need to see a doctor about.

You’re taking the red pill so there’s really nothing I can do to convince you otherwise.

It’s ironic you claim that “the government” is pushing Tesla without acknowledging the public spat between Elon Musk and Joe Biden. Biden has repeatedly touted GM and Ford and their American EVs and conveniently left out the #1 producer—Tesla. Biden doesn’t like their anti union stance so he avoids them. Musk has blasted Biden on Twitter several times.

You’re all worked up politically about that electric car no one is forcing you to buy but have no problem financing rich foreigners (including Putin until recently) because of your dependence on foreign oil.

I’m sure the CEOs of Shell, BP, Ford and Chevy live in a double wide and work paycheck to paycheck.

So again I find it ironic that you’ve thrown in the one company our government has completely ignored in the electric vehicle discussion and somehow claim that the government is pushing them for money. Green bowel movements aren’t concerning. It’s the red ones you need to see a doctor about.

Where did I say the government was pushing Tesla? I said the entire green bowel movement.

But the government built Tesla with their fake carbon credit market and tax incentives. No chance of them being here without those. Period. The ONLY reason that Joetato and his goons have now turned their backs on them is because they aren't union.

And, yes, we are financing rich foreigners because democrats CHOOSE to do so. We have plenty of oil here, but lib leaders want to kill oil anywhere they can, so they regulate it to death here to satisfy the wokesters, and then turn around buy it from countries like Iran and Russia. And run the price of gasoline up for everyone in the process. And the price of everything else too. The DUMBEST policy ever, and completely by design from the democrats.

And, no, oil companies aren't living in double wides, but they also aren't making money off a scam claiming the end is near. Oil built this country. No regrets and no apologies. The green bs is nothing more than a money play. You know what actually turns the earth green? CO2. Not tax credits and government handouts.

Speaking of borrowing money, mortgage rates are spiking. Don't be surprised if we don't see another housing collapse in the near future. The Fed has screwed us to protect the stock market for Biden, which is about the only thing he can class as any kind of success under his administration. Of course, that's only because of insane amounts of gov money being pumped into the economy, and Joetato wants to spend even more. If there is a wrong answer, Joetato and his merry band of idiots will find it.

Speaking of borrowing money, mortgage rates are spiking. Don't be surprised if we don't see another housing collapse in the near future. The Fed has screwed us to protect the stock market for Biden, which is about the only thing he can class as any kind of success under his administration. Of course, that's only because of insane amounts of gov money being pumped into the economy, and Joetato wants to spend even more. If there is a wrong answer, Joetato and his merry band of idiots will find it.
It doesn’t look to me the Stock Market is even doing well, he has nothing. He is “by far” the worst POTUS of my lifetime!! I hate blaming that senile old man, he is only doing what he is TOLD to do, but only he is to blame for that!! His only decision is whether to eat vanilla or tapioca pudding when he wakes up in the afternoon

But the government built Tesla with their fake carbon credit market and tax incentives. No chance of them being here without those. Period.
It was hard to sift through all the bull and pick out the biggest line of BS, but I think I found it. Besides building the best electric vehicle and charging network in the world, Tesla has a huge solar power network. Tesla has enough revenue streams to be profitable even if they never sold another electric vehicle, but of course being the #1 EV maker puts their vehicle in high demand….as you pointed out with their price increases.

Tesla did sell a bunch of cars under federal rebates subsidized by the government, but every other automaker chose to drag their feet and offer very little selection in electric vehicles. GM, Ford and everyone else could have done the same thing. VW only just started dipping in it to clean up their dirty diesel image. If anything these companies refusing to compete with Tesla makes them complicit in allowing Tesla to rack up a lot of credits with no competition. That was not the intent of the program. Now people like you want to cry wolf.

It doesn’t look to me the Stock Market is even doing well, he has nothing. He is “by far” the worst POTUS of my lifetime!! I hate blaming that senile old man, he is only doing what he is TOLD to do, but only he is to blame for that!! His only decision is whether to eat vanilla or tapioca pudding when he wakes up in the afternoon
Well in all fairness he and Hunter are pretty good at getting money from other countries. It appears everything was true on Hunter's laptop and the NY Times has admitted it. Wonder how many on here will admit they were fooled and own up to it. My guess would be 0.

Reactions: cockofdawn
It was hard to sift through all the bull and pick out the biggest line of BS, but I think I found it. Besides building the best electric vehicle and charging network in the world, Tesla has a huge solar power network. Tesla has enough revenue streams to be profitable even if they never sold another electric vehicle, but of course being the #1 EV maker puts their vehicle in high demand….as you pointed out with their price increases.

Tesla did sell a bunch of cars under federal rebates subsidized by the government, but every other automaker chose to drag their feet and offer very little selection in electric vehicles. GM, Ford and everyone else could have done the same thing. VW only just started dipping in it to clean up their dirty diesel image. If anything these companies refusing to compete with Tesla makes them complicit in allowing Tesla to rack up a lot of credits with no competition. That was not the intent of the program. Now people like you want to cry wolf.

You are lying by omission. It's not just tax credits for consumers. The government create and entire artificial carbon credit market to assist Tesla. Without it, they would not be here. Period. Billions and billions of dollars that other manufacturers paid to Tesla to meet their artificial carbon goals.

And no, Ford and GM, couldn't have "done the same thing". Tesla had the advantage of being all EV boutique market startup, and all the rules were skewed to their advantage, while regular automakers were producing the real cars that everyday American needed and were penalized for it. And they didn't have other car makers funding it for them. Exactly the opposite. They were having to take money that could have been spent on R&D for EV and finance Tesla by buying their stupid credits. It's absurdly stupid to think they could have just switched just like that. They weren't "dragging their feet". The government put concrete blocks on their feet to help Tesla and other EV only companies that couldn't even come close to providing the autos that were needed. And that is still the case.

Well in all fairness he and Hunter are pretty good at getting money from other countries. It appears everything was true on Hunter's laptop and the NY Times has admitted it. Wonder how many on here will admit they were fooled and own up to it. My guess would be 0.

I think a lot of them knew deep down it was true. It was politically expedient to go with the narrative, so they did.

This is the nation we inhabit now, where political affiliation overrides reasoning.

NY Post today dedicated their entire front page to the names and faces of those who pushed the "Russian disinformation" campaign for years. Deep state stuff. Pretty fascinating and you have to wonder what role their actions and words played in the current conflict. These people need to go away. Great thread by Glenn Greenwald:

Reactions: SparkleCity
I think a lot of them knew deep down it was true. It was politically expedient to go with the narrative, so they did.

This is the nation we inhabit now, where political affiliation overrides reasoning.

It sure looks like coordinated collusion vs. just riding a narrative.

+ It’s not Hunter’s laptop
+ Trump in deep with the Russians
+ Border agents whipped migrants
+ Gas prices are Putin’s fault
+ Inflation is temporary and CPI only 7.9%
+ Vaccines prevent infection and/or transmission and is safe for everyone

Pathological lying in the face of reason has now become fashionable.

Additional evidence Ukraine is a shell game. Now flirting with WW3 b/c of knuckleheads like Clinton.

"Ukrainian government officials tried to help Hillary Clinton and undermine Trump by publicly questioning his fitness for office. They also disseminated documents implicating a top Trump aide in corruption and suggested they were investigating the matter, only to back away after the election. And they helped Clinton’s allies research damaging information on Trump and his advisers, a Politico investigation found."

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/ukraine-sabotage-trump-backfire-233446

It sure looks like coordinated collusion vs. just riding a narrative.

+ It’s not Hunter’s laptop
+ Trump in deep with the Russians
+ Border agents whipped migrants
+ Gas prices are Putin’s fault
+ Inflation is temporary and CPI only 7.9%
+ Vaccines prevent infection and/or transmission and is safe for everyone

Pathological lying in the face of reason has now become fashionable.

Oh, there was coordinated collusion, yes. My comment was about posters on this board, in reference to what sparklecity said:

Wonder how many on here will admit they were fooled and own up to it. My guess would be 0.

Reactions: cockofdawn
Oh, there was coordinated collusion, yes. My comment was about posters on this board, in reference to what sparklecity said:

Wonder how many on here will admit they were fooled and own up to it. My guess would be 0.
It will be interesting to see. I'm sure NYT didn't want to come clean and confirm. However, their crediblity was on the ropes for shameful coverage between this and COVID. Hoping there might be a downstream effect at the individual level. It's hard to believe a word these people say anymore.

Just before Christmas, Biden stated that this Winter would be "the winter of death and severe illness" for the unvaccinated.

This is after he knew that vaccines weren't protecting from infection or transmission, and that the CDC was withholding all hospital data in the US on purpose. More pathological lies.

Now they are pushing a 4th booster, yet readliy admit that it's protection against Omicron is less than 10% from Jumpstreet. Criminals.

You are lying by omission. It's not just tax credits for consumers. The government create and entire artificial carbon credit market to assist Tesla. Without it, they would not be here. Period. Billions and billions of dollars that other manufacturers paid to Tesla to meet their artificial carbon goals.

And no, Ford and GM, couldn't have "done the same thing". Tesla had the advantage of being all EV boutique market startup, and all the rules were skewed to their advantage, while regular automakers were producing the real cars that everyday American needed and were penalized for it. And they didn't have other car makers funding it for them. Exactly the opposite. They were having to take money that could have been spent on R&D for EV and finance Tesla by buying their stupid credits. It's absurdly stupid to think they could have just switched just like that. They weren't "dragging their feet". The government put concrete blocks on their feet to help Tesla and other EV only companies that couldn't even come close to providing the autos that were needed. And that is still the case.
Wrong again. Remind me why other automakers are paying Tesla for these credits. Is it because they were required to make a shift to electric vehicles by the government but refused to comply and instead have chosen to buy these credits from Tesla? If these CEOs were as smart and savvy as you give them credit for, certainly they would have figured out a way by now not to be paying the competition

Tesla profits from a variety of sources and is actually profiting without these carbon sales. They are not government handouts as much as you would like to paint them as such. Other companies have chosen not to comply. Ford makes an electric F150 and Mustang, Chevy makes a Bolt, VW and BMW have electric models as well. They just have chosen to drag their feet in both marketing them and offering them to consumers. In some states it literally hasn’t even been an option to order them. They intentionally tried to undermine and hamstring the market. They could produce these cars, but instead have chosen to pay Tesla.

As far as the “real cars” comment I know there is a hot wheels version of my vehicle, but I’m pretty sure when I get in, it really takes this American where he wants to go.

I actually considered a Chevy Bolt before buying my Tesla. But first I had to drive 40 miles to test drive the one EV in my area they had. Then, it became very apparent when I asked questions that I knew more about the vehicle I was test driving then the people trying to sell it to me. Next, after a little research it was clear that there was no infrastructure to charge this vehicle compared to Tesla. Finally, Chevy tried to sell it for a similar price to a Tesla despite this being a poorly made EV. All this from one of the largest auto makers on the planet.

Wrong again. Remind me why other automakers are paying Tesla for these credits. Is it because they were required to make a shift to electric vehicles by the government but refused to comply and instead have chosen to buy these credits from Tesla? If these CEOs were as smart and savvy as you give them credit for, certainly they would have figured out a way by now not to be paying the competition

Tesla profits from a variety of sources and is actually profiting without these carbon sales. They are not government handouts as much as you would like to paint them as such. Other companies have chosen not to comply. Ford makes an electric F150 and Mustang, Chevy makes a Bolt, VW and BMW have electric models as well. They just have chosen to drag their feet in both marketing them and offering them to consumers. In some states it literally hasn’t even been an option to order them. They intentionally tried to undermine and hamstring the market. They could produce these cars, but instead have chosen to pay Tesla.

As far as the “real cars” comment I know there is a hot wheels version of my vehicle, but I’m pretty sure when I get in, it really takes this American where he wants to go.

I actually considered a Chevy Bolt before buying my Tesla. But first I had to drive 40 miles to test drive the one EV in my area they had. Then, it became very apparent when I asked questions that I knew more about the vehicle I was test driving then the people trying to sell it to me. Next, after a little research it was clear that there was no infrastructure to charge this vehicle compared to Tesla. Finally, Chevy tried to sell it for a similar price to a Tesla despite this being a poorly made EV. All this from one of the largest auto makers on the planet.

Yeah, I will REMIND YOU. THE GOVERNMENT set up an entirely artificial carbon credit bullshit market that forced them to buy bullshit credit for Tesla to meet their requirement. No way the big automakers could have switched to EVs, especially coming out of the recession. And R&D doesn't happen overnight, and there is the whole patent thing. You make it sound like they have just switched overnight but chose not to for some reason. Absurdly stupid. And even if they could have, our infrastructure couldn't have supported it. THE GOVERNMENT put them behind the 8 ball and custom tailored the rules for Tesla, who had no obligation to make the cars PEOPLE NEEDED and our infrastructure could support.

And yes, last year was the first time they were profitable without considering the credit, after getting billions and billions of dollars from other manufacturers. Zero chance they are here without them.

But again, I'll remind you. THE GOVERNMENT did this. Not the market. Auto makers didn't CHOOSE to pay Tesla anything. They were FORCED to by the GOVERNMENT. PERIOD.

And don't think for a second that automakers ate that cost. They passed it on to consumers. So all cars prices went to up support this stupidity, so EVs drivers could ride around sniffing their own farts and feeling all wonderful about themselves despite the fact that most of the electricity that charges their cars come from the fossil fuels, just like gasoline cars.

Yeah, great idea. Brought to you be the same idiots they regulate the shit out of domestic oil production and shut down pipelines, and then turn around and buy oil from Russia, Iran and any other shitty dictator that will give them the time of day.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Gamecockben1979
There were under 380 children in the world who died of COVID before they started vaccinating last Fall - close to 2 years into the pandemic. All of them had signficant preexisting conditions like Leukemia, so it was unclear what they actually died of. All that was registered was a positive COVID test. According to a John Hopkins study during that time, there had been zero deaths or complicated cases in healthy kids and a large % already had natural immunity.

There were under 380 children in the world who died of COVID before they started vaccinating last Fall - close to 2 years into the pandemic. All of them had signficant preexisting conditions like Leukemia, so it was unclear what they actually died of. All that was registered was a positive COVID test. According to a John Hopkins study during that time, there had been zero deaths or complicated cases in healthy kids and a large % already had natural immunity.

Unbelievable. But not really.

Our government should be called GAnon. Worse than QAnon.

Unbelievable. But not really.

Our government should be called GAnon. Worse than QAnon.

Totally agree. The irony is astounding.

“Oops, we counted too many deaths as COVID deaths.”

“Oops, the vaccine doesn’t stop the spread.”

“Oops, it also wears off in about 15 minutes.”

“Oops, other treatments might actually work.”

Reactions: chief2791
1.5% of Americans make over $300K a year. Looks like there's going to be a run on lentils.

"In 2030, you will own nothing an be happy." ~ WEF

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT