ADVERTISEMENT

Does anyone really care

I'd love to be excited.....just can't.
Same here.

I feel the same as the last couple of years of Muschamp. I just don't even care to look up the score. And, over the 50 years of being a fan, I've seen a lot of downs. But, in that time I always wanted to watch and follow my Gamecocks. Sad, really.

Reactions: 1vagamecock
I haven't care for men's bb in years...YAWN...thank goodness I have East TN State close by and I've been enjoying Southern Conference Basketball with ETSU, Furman, and Wofford....Course I do watch UT play due to living in TN...what's interesting, is there are a lot of UK fans/alumni in Johnson CIty metro....

I've tried my best to watch every game. It's beginning to become unwatchable. Offense is absolutely horrible and defense is only a shell of what FM had a few years ago.

As a UF fan, I feel the same for my team. We are now 1-3 in the SEC and got our first win. Great....or at least it would be if not for the fact that it was over one of the two teams worse than us.

In the end? We arent going to do anything this year. In fact, Im confident we are going to the NIT.....which we deserved to go to the last two years.

I care.
But I'm not a Martin fan. I just can't stand the way he behaves during games.
So for me, to have to watch a coach I don't like AND lose is insult to injury.

I will say this. AND THIS IS HUGE (to me). I went to the Y this morning, came home, and told my husband that I wanted to go to the bb game to see the football team at halftime.
My husband did not want to go. So when it was time for the game to start, I turned it on and yelled for my husband to come watch it with me. And he did not. He continued to sit in our home office and tinker around on the desk top.

I understand that y'all may read this and think, "So what?" But I can't tell you of one time where I've suggested going to ANY USC sporting event that my husband hasn't jumped at the chance. So for him to miss a SEC men's bb game is uncharted territory lol.

latest

My Dad is an under graduate and law school graduate. I grew up on campus in the University Terrace Apartments, just below the student center.

Today, during his visit, we watched Manchester United versus Aston Villa.
Good choice. Great match.

Good choice. Great match.
I'm a Liverpool fan, Dad is ManU.

I explained the Coutinho factor, but he had to leave before the substitution.

He was never going to be a Liverpool answer to Mane and Salah at AFCON, but he helped Stevie G.

Same here.

I feel the same as the last couple of years of Muschamp. I just don't even care to look up the score. And, over the 50 years of being a fan, I've seen a lot of downs. But, in that time I always wanted to watch and follow my Gamecocks. Sad, really.
Yes, I feel just like I did with Muschamp. I finally gave up my FB season tickets and I'm considering doing the same with MBB if Frank isn't replaced.

Reactions: TexasCox
Can't argue with any comments on this one, that said I think we are a better shooting team this year, but our fundamentals are terrible, I mean basic stuff like passing and catching, defense is much worse, we have big physical guys that have no clue how to box out and they all have hands of stone! Whether you recruited wrong or can't coach those basics or can't manage your in game substitutions or scheme it all comes down to the head guy and you're right, the on court attitude just amplifies the ineptitude!

I'm a Liverpool fan, Dad is ManU.

I explained the Coutinho factor, but he had to leave before the substitution.

He was never going to be a Liverpool answer to Mane and Salah at AFCON, but he helped Stevie G.
Tried to find Everton on TV but man they stink now. I hope the get regulated so they have to rebuild.

Tried to find Everton on TV but man they stink now. I hope the get regulated so they have to rebuild.
Everton fan here too....awful loss today. They are building that new world class stadium perhaps to have to play in the Championship if they get relegated. Not a good sports day so far, but my Bills are FREEZING OUT the Patriots tonight. It's five degrees and 14-0.

about this men's Basketball team?
I just don't even bother to find it on TV and I have no desire to actually see a game. I hate to be this way because I've been a fan for 54 years.
I don't know maybe it's just me.
I’m surprised that at least one sunshine pumping rah-rah hasn’t posted a “you’re not a true fan” message. BTW, I don’t G-A-S about our men’s basketball team — haven’t watched a televised game in three years.

Everton fan here too....awful loss today. They are building that new world class stadium perhaps to have to play in the Championship if they get relegated. Not a good sports day so far, but my Bills are FREEZING OUT the Patriots tonight. It's five degrees and 14-0.
I'm watching and wondering if I could live through that game in the stands!

Reactions: fowl_mood
I just don't even bother to find it on TV and I have no desire to actually see a game. I hate to be this way because I've been a fan for 54 years.
we need to flood gamecock central and other social media with complaints about frank and especially Ray. maybe the new President will take some action. cant hurt to do that. Worst that can happen is we will start winning and we will have to eat crow.

I can tell you Frank Martin cares about his paycheck and whatever buyout that he has in place or agreement with Ray Tanner

USCALUMNI

ESPN is a joke. They are dying to put Auburn at number 1. They’ve beat nobody. There a good team but Gonzaga would smoke them.

Frank Martin's system doesn't work with the current state of college basketball. His best teams took time to develop over a few years. With the transfer portal he now doesn't have the time needed to develop players. He needs to adapt or resign.

Reactions: FORKCOCK
I care.
But I'm not a Martin fan. I just can't stand the way he behaves during games.
So for me, to have to watch a coach I don't like AND lose is insult to injury.

I will say this. AND THIS IS HUGE (to me). I went to the Y this morning, came home, and told my husband that I wanted to go to the bb game to see the football team at halftime.
My husband did not want to go. So when it was time for the game to start, I turned it on and yelled for my husband to come watch it with me. And he did not. He continued to sit in our home office and tinker around on the desk top.

I understand that y'all may read this and think, "So what?" But I can't tell you of one time where I've suggested going to ANY USC sporting event that my husband hasn't jumped at the chance. So for him to miss a SEC men's bb game is uncharted territory lol.
Apathy might be the worst thing for a program. It happened with Muschamp and it made a change happen. I support Carolina but Frank needs to go. Things will not get better under him!

Frank Martin's system doesn't work with the current state of college basketball. His best teams took time to develop over a few years. With the transfer portal he now doesn't have the time needed to develop players. He needs to adapt or resign.
It’s honestly not the “system “. We turn it over with 4 ball handlers on the floor. We forget to recover on D. We struggle to bring the ball up. Our turnovers are at a record pace coupled with rather imaginative shot selection.

the Defense is passable aside from yesterday was the first time we didn’t have20+ fouls, which was leading to folks getting 10 to 15 more free throws than us.
& the upper class men we have don’t seem to have that leadership/rally the troops type personality. I am worried Bryant & Couisnard seem to have regressed. We are also still tinkering with multiple lineups so the consistency is non-existing & we don’t seem to create many assists. The times we threw post entry pasts our players seemed shocked the ball was there

If we make a change, who would we go after? I know some may say Boynton. But, I believe Oklahoma State's probation would probably make him a "no go".

What about Bob Richey over at Furman? He has won over 70% of his games there and constantly makes lists as one of the top 3 or 4 young basketball coaches in the nation.

IMHO, you don’t fire or not fire a coach based on who you think will be the next coach. Coaches or their agents will make themselves known.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT