ADVERTISEMENT

Does anyone really care

If we make a change, who would we go after? I know some may say Boynton. But, I believe Oklahoma State's probation would probably make him a "no go".

What about Bob Richey over at Furman? He has won over 70% of his games there and constantly makes lists as one of the top 3 or 4 young basketball coaches in the nation.
Idk. His probation is the same reason as ours: Lamont Evans. Saying no to him because of that would be incredibly hypocritical. More than likely, he would say no to us though.

If we make a change, who would we go after? I know some may say Boynton. But, I believe Oklahoma State's probation would probably make him a "no go".

What about Bob Richey over at Furman? He has won over 70% of his games there and constantly makes lists as one of the top 3 or 4 young basketball coaches in the nation.
Boynton gets my vote.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
Why...because of his lackluster record at Oklahoma State? Or just because he was a former player here? Or because he's black?
Him being a former player here, I believe, is the appeal. But, you are right that, overall, his record, thus far, is laclkuster. Unlike Shane Beamer, in football here, he did not inherit a train wreck of a basketball program. He did have a good year last year making it to the Round of 32. He is 11-7 thus far this season. It remains to be seen how he finishes this season. But right now he looks like Darren Horn who had that one magical season (Sweet 16) that he parlayed to getting a major college job. The color of skin makes no difference (ex: Dawn Staley). And I certainly understand the comment above that it would be hypocritical to hold Ok. State's probation against him. But, I, for one, would not underestimate the mark that has against MB, regardless. But, here is one thing that I believe most, here, would agree on: Frank Martin needs to go. He cannot recruit. In my opinion, recruiting is more crucial to success in basketball, than in football. It's time for a change.

Why...because of his lackluster record at Oklahoma State? Or just because he was a former player here? Or because he's black?
To be honest, I didn’t realize his record was that lackluster. Was because he was a former player here AND I apparently thought he was a better coach. Race has nothing to do with it for me.

It’s honestly not the “system “. We turn it over with 4 ball handlers on the floor. We forget to recover on D. We struggle to bring the ball up. Our turnovers are at a record pace coupled with rather imaginative shot selection.

the Defense is passable aside from yesterday was the first time we didn’t have20+ fouls, which was leading to folks getting 10 to 15 more free throws than us.
& the upper class men we have don’t seem to have that leadership/rally the troops type personality. I am worried Bryant & Couisnard seem to have regressed. We are also still tinkering with multiple lineups so the consistency is non-existing & we don’t seem to create many assists. The times we threw post entry pasts our players seemed shocked the ball was there
I think the bottom line is that Frank can’t recruit / recruits projects and duds; save for legacy PJ Dozier and UNC-rejected Sin. Absolutely no disrespect to those two players, but without the noted qualifiers, do they even come here?
I’ve been done with CFM for a couple of years, but this bball preseason sucked me back in with the hope of the new faces and their potential. At this point, just wake me up when we have a new coach.

about this men's Basketball team?
I just don't even bother to find it on TV and I have no desire to actually see a game. I hate to be this way because I've been a fan for 54 years.
I don't know maybe it's just me.
Mens basketball has not been interesting in a long time. We’re nowhere near good enough to be compelling but just good enough to not be a total train wreck that you can’t help but watch.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT